Accepting and altering reality

Gator46

Awards
Hey everyone,

I know it's bad taste to join and ask a question, I'm a little desperate

I used to lift, play baseball, football. I know how to eat right and workout safely, intensely. Then I got a desk job...A very well paying, stressful desk job. I ballooned up to 380 pounds. I'm 5'11, diabetic and have highish blood pressure. One day I realized my job and making great money aren't everything. I quit (Luckiky I can afford it) and took a long hard look at myself...I accepted what I had become. I worked VERY hard and ate clean. Some months later I got down to 290 pounds. I've came far, not far enough.

Now I've been in a non productive, funky ass no energy, mood for going on 2 months. I've been eating right but had totally stopped working out. Monday I picked it up again and I'll fight through, no problem but I'm wondering about taking something. No AAS, I don't need to be in competition shape, I just want to look good in the sun on a Florida beach again. If money was no object what could one run without experiencing side effects or shutting down natural production of test or hgh?

SRMS? Peptides? Pro hormones?

What has no sides, great results. Idc about the cost. I want to continue to lose weight but when I'm done I'd like to have some muscle waiting on me, not just bones.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Diet and exercise are the only things someone who weighs 300 pounds should be worrying about. Get your hormones checked at the doctor is the only thing I would recommend besides the two above.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with Rascal and you could very easily burn fat while building muscle at the same time on your journey to lose more weight. you've already lost close to 100 lb that's awesome keep up the hard work bro you will look back with satisfaction when you reach your goal. Also I know it's hard to stay motivated but you got to keep the exercise going

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everybody's right...100 pounds is one hell of a start! Congratulations on not waiting until you had a heart attack to figure out you need to change. I know it's NOT what you want to hear, but these guys are right; drop more weight before you start worrying about what to take.

Again, awesome job so far man!

Gator46

Awards
I'll happily follow the advice, I'm curious as to why though? It seems like I could work hard, eat right and supplement for a 3 prong approach. That'd be better than just working and eating right, right?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll happily follow the advice, I'm curious as to why though? It seems like I could work hard, eat right and supplement for a 3 prong approach. That'd be better than just working and eating right, right?
Hard work and diet are guaranteed to work. Period. Some supplements might help you, or might not. Either way, at this point they really aren't necessary. Focus on changing you. You know what happened and what caused it, but you gotta change yourself before you can really be successful. You'll probably get tired of hearing it, but Diet and Exercise, Diet and Exercise, Diet and Exercise. Get down to 225 and then start looking at something to give you that extra boost.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As said above, it's really not wise to take AAS/PH/DS or SARMs/Peptides at this point due to most likely still having a high BMI(making an assumption here based on stats). High bodyfat percentage in conjunction with hormonal/steroidal type compounds would increase your risk of high estrogen/Gyno, unhealthy lipids levels, and cardiovascular disease. Diet, exercise, and natty supps are what I would focus on. When you plateau with weekly weight loss look into thermogenic fat burners such as Ignite. Things like Epic Unleashed, Strength Unleashed, and/or Triumph can help you develop strength and add muscle mass while dieting down to a healthier bodyfat percentage.

Gator46

Awards
Those are safe to try now? I very much appreciate telling me why I shouldn't to something like Osta right now. It helps me stay on track.

Thanks for the advice so far Jebrook and everyone else.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Those are safe to try now? I very much appreciate telling me why I shouldn't to something like Osta right now. It helps me stay on track.

Thanks for the advice so far Jebrook and everyone else.
Yes, they are safe to try. I would look into Epic Unleashed if you are absolutely wanting to try something now, it actually has health benefits and does well for increased endurance.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Steroids and prohormones don't do much for fat loss, save them till after you loose more weight and use them for what there intended for, building muscle

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Save the gear and creative supplementstion for later - and much more frustrating - plateaus.

Consider optimizing your hormones. This will likely take diet AND lifestyle adjustments to ensure cortisol and estrogen is down and test is up.

If it were me, I'd take a hard look at my diet and see if I've crashed my metabolism. In your case, we need to see what you are eating. And go ahead and decide to start training again - at least 3 times per week and probably 3-5hrs of cardio. For most people, it will take all that above to have a "beach body" - whatever that might be. For single digit BF target, expect to train 5-6 days per week, impeccable diet execution & at least a couple hours of cardio per week.