Avoiding Shutdown

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Hey guys,

Ran my first test run last year and loved it. I gained about 25 lbs and only lost a few during pct. After this run I decided that I wanted to "reset" and get down to 8-10% body fat before starting to bulk again. So far I've went from 225 to 195 and from about 25% to 15% body fat. I'm looking to get to around 180 lbs which should be about 8-10% body fat.

I plan on cutting for another 5 months(through 17'). Then in the beginning of 17', I plan on running another 12 week test cycle to clean bulk. I've been slowly losing strength along with the cutting so far which I guess can be expected.

My question is. Is there anything that I can take for a quick cycle while cutting that may not shut me down hard? I just don't want to do a cycle where it's going to shut me down, because I plan on running the 12 week cycle in 5 months?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sphinx12

Awards
I am no expert on this aspect, but you could google how to bridge with SARMS between steroid cycles, since SARMS are non-suppressive. Other members may have experience here and can help more.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
I am no expert on this aspect, but you could google how to bridge with SARMS between steroid cycles, since SARMS are non-supressive. Other members may have experience here and can help more.
Sorry but Sarms are suppressive they will shut you down

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Thanks for the quick reply. That was my first thought. I just thought I read somewhere that they still shut you down. But if not, I would definitely be willing to give it a shot. I just don't want to shut myself down before going on another 12 week test cycle in January. But I also can't keep seeing my strength and size decrease while cutting fat. I've been trying to keep my protein high and lifting heavy, but it's still kind of inevitable when losing a lot of weight.

Sphinx12

Awards
Sorry but Sarms are suppressive they will shut you down
They have minimal levels of suppression, but a proper bridge with SARMS does include a mini pct to deal with that.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
You and op can do what you want. But in my mind shutdown is shutdown why take the chance

Sphinx12

Awards
You and op can do what you want. But in my mind shutdown is shutdown why take the chance
I personally would not bridge between cycles, but OP asked, I gave reasonable advice to GOOGLE sarms bridge. He will read up more on the risks and benefits. I am not saying he should or shouldn't do it, because I am not an expert on this.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do a quick oral cycle of something like an andro or if I can get my hands on epistane or something? Run a quick 4-6 week cycle and then a quick pct and then chill for a couple months before running the 12 week test cycle in January? What are your thoughts on that?

Sphinx12

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do a quick oral cycle of something like an andro or if I can get my hands on epistane or something? Run a quick 4-6 week cycle and then a quick pct and then chill for a couple months before running the 12 week test cycle in January? What are your thoughts on that?
Andro's would take a while to kick in, 4-6 weeks would be too short. But a 6 week epi cutting cycle, 4 week pct, wait 10 weeks atleast, then start test cycle would be a reasonable option.

You would be able to maintain muscle, maybe even build some during the cycle, and cut a good amount of fat.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Loooots of ways you could attack this, OP, but what Id be inclined to do is a slow natty cut for as long as you can manage, then the last 4-6 weeks before your next planned cycle start on 5mg ostarine, and really amp up the aggressiveness of the cut/deficit.

The logic being, cutting mainly fat, slowly, at the start is relatively easy; its later on when the body really starts fighting your efforts that you generally find you need to get aggressive with your deficit. Perfect time for something mild to reduce muscle loss. Another benefit, no PCT cos youd go straight into test.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Loooots of ways you could attack this, OP, but what Id be inclined to do is a slow natty cut for as long as you can manage, then the last 4-6 weeks before your next planned cycle start on 5mg ostarine, and really amp up the aggressiveness of the cut/deficit.

The logic being, cutting mainly fat, slowly, at the start is relatively easy; its later on when the body really starts fighting your efforts that you generally find you need to get aggressive with your deficit. Perfect time for something mild to reduce muscle loss. Another benefit, no PCT cos youd go straight into test.
That makes a lot of sense. The fat seems to be dropping easy right now, but I know that's going to slowly start becoming harder as I get towards my goal. Would you recommend Ostartine(Or another SARM/PH) leading right into the test cycle(which I will begin a clean bulk)?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That makes a lot of sense. The fat seems to be dropping easy right now, but I know that's going to slowly start becoming harder as I get towards my goal. Would you recommend Ostartine(Or another SARM/PH) leading right into the test cycle(which I will begin a clean bulk)?
Its up to you, use whatever you feel confident in doing the job you want. But keep in mind, you dont want something too "strong"; you want your AR's and body in general as receptive as possible when you hit the test. The idea is to just use something that will take some of the catabolic sting off your deficit but also without impacting your other markers (HPTA, ARs, lipids, etc) too much.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Got it, and as far as timing it's ok to go from a high deficit on say ostarine for 4-6 weeks straight into a clean bulk and test cycle? Should I be taking the ostarine into the first week or two of test or stop one and begin the next?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got it, and as far as timing it's ok to go from a high deficit on say ostarine for 4-6 weeks straight into a clean bulk and test cycle?
Bro, I dont think you could ask for a better scenario for growth. Im sure youve heard of rebound growth?

Should I be taking the ostarine into the first week or two of test or stop one and begin the next?
Up to you. Whatever the osta is doing, the test will do and more from the first pin anyway, so I dont think youll be missing anything by dropping it (well not entirely true, but osta is a pretty weak oral kicker, if you could even call it that).

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Bro, I dont think you could ask for a better scenario for growth. Im sure youve heard of rebound growth?

Up to you. Whatever the osta is doing, the test will do and more from the first pin anyway, so I dont think youll be missing anything by dropping it (well not entirely true, but osta is a pretty weak oral kicker, if you could even call it that).
Ah ****, now you're getting me all excited lol.. thanks for the info

Reactions: Nac

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

Ran my first test run last year and loved it. I gained about 25 lbs and only lost a few during pct. After this run I decided that I wanted to "reset" and get down to 8-10% body fat before starting to bulk again. So far I've went from 225 to 195 and from about 25% to 15% body fat. I'm looking to get to around 180 lbs which should be about 8-10% body fat.

I plan on cutting for another 5 months(through 17'). Then in the beginning of 17', I plan on running another 12 week test cycle to clean bulk. I've been slowly losing strength along with the cutting so far which I guess can be expected.

My question is. Is there anything that I can take for a quick cycle while cutting that may not shut me down hard? I just don't want to do a cycle where it's going to shut me down, because I plan on running the 12 week cycle in 5 months?

Any advice would be appreciated.
11-Keto at 300-500mg/ed

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Yeah thats another good choice. At the lower dose would make a nice add-on with ostarine too, should you want to stack.
I actually finished with this on my last test run at the final weeks. Definitely hardens you up real well. Only issue is that I was having anxiety with it. Most likely due to low cortisol levels.. Might have to give it another try again at a low dose. We'll see. Anyone know any good sarm sources OR epi sources that could pm me? If not, sorry, didn't meant to cause a stir.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am no expert on this aspect, but you could google how to bridge with SARMS between steroid cycles, since SARMS are non-suppressive. Other members may have experience here and can help more.
Sarms are suppressive

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
I tried that oral (400mg per d) and thought it was meh, would like to try td (though dont hold out much hope).
What are the main differences as far as 7 or 11 keto? Also, I only have tried the td for 11kt.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
7 keto is more of a fat burner and is not suppressive

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didnt do a hell of alot of research on 7-keto MoA, mainly just oral bioavailability and effective dose range. Patrick Arnold does a 7-spray Id love to try.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I didnt do a hell of alot of research on 7-keto MoA, mainly just oral bioavailability and effective dose range. Patrick Arnold does a 7-spray Id love to try.
A while back I read Patrick Arnold saying he ran 1-2gm a day

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A while back I read Patrick Arnold saying he ran 1-2gm a day
Sheesh. Well that kinda puts things in perspective: his spray is approx 250mg active per "dose". I dont think I could afford 1-2gm oral, though.