Deadlift problem

Mrthk75

Awards
So since I have been on my deca / test cycle when I do deadlifts my lower back cramps up fast. Just wanted to know if this is a common thing or am I cramping up for other reasons. Thank for help.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude, back pumps suck. I just found this out on my first ever Trest run.

Those 19-nors tend to give you those crazy back pumps and since the deadlift will hit that entire posterior chain pretty hard, it's just going to accentuate that feeling.

Supplement with 4g of taurine. I've read of some guys doing 6, I stick with 4 myself. A shortage of electrolytes tends to be the cause as well. I take 1 hammer strength endorulyte pill before my workout and that seems to help considerably in combination with the taurine. Hammer strength is the brand, endurolytes is the product.

Mrthk75

Awards
Thanks for advice I will look into the taurine . It was frustrating not being able to do deadlifts when I'm feeling strong.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Tell me about it man. I had just run an epiandro+osta cycle for 4 weeks then finished with an Msten/trest 4 weeks. Had great deadlifts on the epi+osta, then for the next 4 weeks I switched it up for rack pulls.....holy crap...I had trouble just bending over enough to load the plate on the bar without my back feeling like it was cramping like a mofo muchless trying to do an actual rack pull.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Taurine for sure, like said above, will help with back pumps. It's a very typical problem.

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Agree with above, 4g of taurine seems to be my sweet spot.

Mrthk75

Awards
Advice is well appreciated . I will will get some today.

Mrthk75

Awards
Got the taurine today. Do I take 4g everyday or before workout.

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure what the correct protocol is. I took it about an hour before working out usually along with a banana. You may want to start with 2 or 3 grams, that may do the trick....but starting at 4g might not be a bad idea if you don't want to risk it. I haven't gone past 5 grams tho.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would do about 4 g while I was on cycle every morning first thing when I woke up with my protein shake. Totally helped

Mrthk75

Awards
Thanks for all the help will start taurine tomorrow.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
2g pre workout and 2g before bed for me. People think because Taurine is in energy drinks and preworkouts that it's a stimulant, but if you look into it, you will find it's commonly used in sleep studies.

Mrthk75

Awards
Anything that helps with sleep is welcomed. I will try it before bed thanks