Testosterone cypionate changing color ?

Paskooool

Awards
I get preloaded syringes of testosterone cypionate from my doctor ussually 4 at a time. I stored the syringes in my closet as usual. This time when I went to do my third injection I found that the oil had changed to an amber color. What does this mean? Are they still good ?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get preloaded syringes of testosterone cypionate from my doctor ussually 4 at a time. I stored the syringes in my closet as usual. This time when I went to do my third injection I found that the oil had changed to an amber color. What does this mean? Are they still good ?
That doesn't sound quite right. Why preload? It's far too easy to contaminate just one of 4 like we may be seeing here and then you've got to toss that product out. It's a waste and dangerous. Why didn't he just prescribe the 10ml vial? I'd rather go into he office once per week, and there is no way I'm injecting a syringe that's been sitting in my closet for 3 weeks. (I'm assuming you inject once every 7/8 days?) I'm on every 3.5 days Sub Q.

You need to have a chat with your doctor about this, and hopefully he/she will prescribe the 10ml vial. (The pharmacy makes money on the 1ml) and they will push that on you like they did me, but my doctor told me, it's on the script so get the 10ml. Draw your own.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't test kinda Amber colored? I think it is at least

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Usually the vial is brown, but it doesn't come out amber, it's fairly clear, almost champagne in coloration. It could be oxidation. I would call my doctor and ask his thoughts on it. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about it.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's possible the preservative reacted with the syringe plunger. Don't preload as there is no reason to. Insurance companies are the ones limiting to 1 ml vials.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I still pressed and got what was on the script. Dr. Insisted. He's good. Told me to have them call with any argument. Insurance co. Yeah.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usually the vial is brown, but it doesn't come out amber, it's fairly clear, almost champagne in coloration. It could be oxidation. I would call my doctor and ask his thoughts on it. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about it.
It's possible the preservative reacted with the syringe plunger. Don't preload as there is no reason to. Insurance companies are the ones limiting to 1 ml vials.
Both of these. It should not be changing colors and as mentioned should always come out a light champagne like color. In a 10ml vial it can start to crystalize after a month or two after introducing air to the vial, but warming it up dissipates this.

Insurance started pushing the 1ml a year or so ago as they make a considerable amount more on it than a single 10ml.