What blood tests should I get? Help

jakobi55

Awards
I'm 21 yrs old and have a low to no libido after using prohormone. This has lasted too long. What blood tests should I get other than estradiol and total T? I need to figure out what is wrong. Thanks for the help

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm 21 yrs old and have a low to no libido after using prohormone. This has lasted too long. What blood tests should I get other than estradiol and total T? I need to figure out what is wrong. Thanks for the help
Best option is to sit down with a dr and explain what you've done.

sespress

Awards
Then a Dr. Is even more advised. If you've got a hormonal issue and also maybe a side effect or two - now it's like multivariable.

You can always start with a blood test for hormonal levels, but you need to go to a Dr to have that interpreted in the light of other prescribed medication.

I understand why you're hesitant though I don't want to tell my doctor that I do hormonal drugs either,. If that's what's holding you up you might visit a different doctor although they wouldn't have your history of what was going on with your meds, you could at least talk to them about the prohormone issue and then go back to the normal doctor if you want.

I personally don't tell my doctor I do these kinds of things but I haven't had the kind of issue that you're having either. If I did I would definitely talk to them.

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established

did you take a pct?

jakobi55

Awards
I'm taking super pct now to see if it could clear it up but I'm not hopeful

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
Come on dude prohormones are basically steroids, youre going to need a legit pct that includes clomid whenever you come off of them. I once ran a prohormone without pct and luckily nothing bad happened. Tbh i would try kickstarting your test with some clomid. Youre young and should be able to recover quicker

jakobi55

Awards
Come on dude prohormones are basically steroids, youre going to need a legit pct that includes clomid whenever you come off of them. I once ran a prohormone without pct and luckily nothing bad happened. Tbh i would try kickstarting your test with some clomid. Youre young and should be able to recover quicker
I'm using liquiclo rn and it definitely helped but not doing it quite yet. Just finished 2 weeks.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why continue the guessing game? Remember you pay the Dr. If something's wrong allow him the chance to help clear it up. Adding in too many variables will muddy the waters and just lead him the wrong way. Talk with him and he will order the workup you need a week later he will prescribe the proper course to get you back on track. Stop waiting and just put this into motion.

Dwamble12345

Awards
Go to a Urologist and explain the situation. There's solid evidence of off-label use of clomid to get your free test levels up again but you won't know where you are until you go get blood panels. Long story short = go to the Dr!

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
OP... your lack of libido could be a dopamine difficiency. Grab some maca powder (2-5g) a day. p5p 100-200mg a day. There are tons of OTC ways to help boost dopamine. A good adaptogen I have used to promote a good hormonal balance is ashwaganda

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long was your prohormone cycle for? There were some tests done on guys who ran cycles for 6-8 weeks and recovered within a month or two. Anything over 10-12 weeks it took many more months to recover. Bill roberts published an article on it quite a while ago on it.

As far as whats causing your issue yeah could be multiple variables, are you taking SSRI;s SSNI's (anti-depressants) anything with serotnin chemicals causes erection issues. Total test is a good start. Free test is good if you can. If you can't figure it out yourself you can try hoping your doctor can figure it ut for you. That said, I do think blood work is a great idea

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Total Test
Free Test
Estrogen
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Thyroid Panel
CBC w/ Diff
CMP
Lipid Panel

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Total Test
Free Test
Estrogen
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Thyroid Panel
CBC w/ Diff
CMP
Lipid Panel
Great stuff. I have yet to learn some of these. I know liver enzymes ast and alt test. Hdl cholesterol is important with triglycerides , Was listening to a Mike Matarazzo interview how he ignored HDL cholesterol for five years and it was at zero.