Low test. Dr put me on Cypionate.

pursuit2550

Awards
I have had my test checked 3 times over3 years. They were 250-450-250. I went to my urologist and he put me on cypionate. Dose is 1.5cc once a week every other week for 3 months. He will then check to see where my test is at. Now I am not looking to get huge but a little gain. Currently I feel tired. I start to workout and then just stop because of lack of energy. I am wondering if this will help get my energy back so I can start lifting again. What advice do you have for me to get back on track.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate this protocol personally.

2 injections of Cyp per month? I imagine you'll feel good 50% of the time at best.

pursuit2550

Awards
I want to know how it would make me feel. I guess he started low to see how I react and then adjust from there. Any ideas on how much it will raise my test on the regimen. He didn't say and I forgot to ask what he would like my test to be at.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is just not frequent enough in my opinion for Cyp. Weekly at the least.
For him to administer it, which is why I'm sure for the every other week visits, he should be using Undecanoate.
I have no idea what 300mg every 2 weeks will get your levels to. Because they will be all over the map.
I'm no urologist, I'm just a guy on an internet forum. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is just not frequent enough in my opinion for Cyp. Weekly at the least.
For him to administer it, which is why I'm sure for the every other week visits, he should be using Undecanoate.
I have no idea what 300mg every 2 weeks will get your levels to. Because they will be all over the map.
I'm no urologist, I'm just a guy on an internet forum. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Well from a users perspective, you wont find many guys here disagreeing with you. Protocol is everything, and this one indeed sux.

OP, Id be querying your docs reasoning for this methodology. Youre well within your rights to ask rudimentary stuff like "how many successful treatments have you done using this protocol?"

If he says "well youre the first!" Id be worried.

If he says "this is my starting point, we will assess over the weeks according to your reports and bloodwork and adjust as necessary" well that should make you feel better.

The point is, try and find out his credentials on this.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The dose is fine but needs to be broken up into more frequent doses, somewhere around day 7-10 your test Will be low. Even a Half cc every 5 days would be way better

pursuit2550

Awards
This dr did my vasectomy and come highly recommend from 3 friends. 2 of which did test shots with him. Would it be better to divide the shots and do it every week? I'm no dr either but I would imagine one big shot for 2 weeks won't stay in my system to long. He did mention that when I come in for testing to come in on my off week. Any idea why? Thanks for all the info. This is a first for me. Hopefully it will get my energy back on track.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This dr did my vasectomy and come highly recommend from 3 friends. 2 of which did test shots with him. Would it be better to divide the shots and do it every week? I'm no dr either but I would imagine one big shot for 2 weeks won't stay in my system to long. He did mention that when I come in for testing to come in on my off week. Any idea why? Thanks for all the info. This is a first for me. Hopefully it will get my energy back on track.
If you're self injecting, try Mondays and Thursdays. I personally inject .5cc on those days and it keeps my levels around 900. He wants to see you in an off week because that will be your lowest test level, he'll adjust from there if needed.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depending on how you metabolize the drug, 300mg will almost certainly put you supraphysiological at the peak (yay!) but that last 4-7 days prior to your next shot youll be loooow range (boo!)

And who knows what your free-t and e2 will be like.

pursuit2550

Awards
Yes he let me self inject. Which I am not looking forward to since it's my first time. I can have my friend do it for. He gave me 22gx1 1/2. I just got it on Wednesday. My free t is at 1.3. I still haven't shot yet. Was going to start next week.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate this protocol personally.

2 injections of Cyp per month? I imagine you'll feel good 50% of the time at best.
Absolutely true!!!
Same exact protocol I was put on years back.
I just ended up self injecting at home.

AlwaysHungry1

AlwaysHungry1

Awards
Just shot 1x every two weeks as your doctor suggest if you shot 2per weeks and your levels are fine maybe he just let you with this dose