Difference in 1andro and regualer DHEA

Zariph

Awards
Hello

Sorry for this noob question but I see that 1andro is a prohormone that requires pct. Why is this not the case with regular DHEA tabs? How are they different?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What hormones they convert to, and at what rate, basically.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
but they both convert to test tho? Why doesnt regular DHEA need pct?
Technically 1-andro converts to 1-testosterone, which is not identical to testosterone.

Supplemental dhea can convert to lots of things, but generally testosterone is very low on the list.

Peoples individual metabolism of these compounds will vary, so some may find dhea mildly suppressive. But, again generally, the studies seem to indicate negligible impact on lh/fsh.

Someone like brofessorx could give you a much more detailed chemical comparison than me.

Thegoodthebad

Thegoodthebad

Awards
For me

DHEA is somewhat effective so it's illegal in Canada.
1-DHEA is effective so it's illegal in Canada.
DAA is pretty much ineffective so it's legal in Canada
Basically.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Technically 1-andro converts to 1-testosterone, which is not identical to testosterone.

Supplemental dhea can convert to lots of things, but generally testosterone is very low on the list.

Peoples individual metabolism of these compounds will vary, so some may find dhea mildly suppressive. But, again generally, the studies seem to indicate negligible impact on lh/fsh.

Someone like brofessorx could give you a much more detailed chemical comparison than me.
Your explanation is pretty accurate.

Most dhea you take orally will become dhea-s which is inactive. Very little if any dhea will become testosterone.

1-test is a completely different steroid than testosterone.

Reactions: Nac

Zariph

Awards
Thx a lot guys! So Dhea is only worth taking if you have low DHEA-S I guess?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dhea does seem to be most effective when taken in an environment where there is some sort of hormonal deficiency or imbalance, ie trt, on-cycle. In any other "normal" scenario, benefits appear to be negligible.