Epi-Andro increase male pattern baldness?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was thinking of running a cut in the future and adding Epi Andro to 1 Andro. My concern is I am 39 years old and have male pattern baldness. I still have some on the top, would taking Epi increase the rate of baldness to those such as myself who are prone to it? If so, is there any side supplements one can take to stop this from happening? If I have to make a choice between hair or muscles I think I will go with the hair.

delfrost42

Awards
Just shave it. Its gonna happen anyway. Some peeps take finastride. I didn't like the sides so I just shaved my dome. I have mpb myself. There's a couple of peptides that claim to promote hair growth but the research thus far has been limited to mice.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I have MPB, took Epi-Andro, didn't seem to affect anything. Word is it doesn't.

Anecdotal, but all the guys I know that took finasteride for hair loss were bald ten years later. Some even think they have permanent side effects.

Edit: Some people claim this PURA D'OR shampoo works. I'd say it has a better chance than most products out there at the very least being protective.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hate when people say just shave it, yeah its ok for people with bloody proportioned heads or at least look semi normal... some of us look deformed/have bumpy, uneven and noticeably different skulls and cant "just shave it"

I really want to start a cycle once I get to my goal bf% but I am scared of losing more hair, I also have mpb

Eight

Eight

Awards
A slightly odd shaped head still looks better than bald patches mate. You can't fight it - drugs or no drugs.

Make peace with the idea that you'll be bald soon. It really isn't bad - and this is coming from someone who spent the first 30 years of their life with very long hair - in fact, there are lots of good sides to it. Combine a shaved head with muscles and you'll not only look hot (like me), but tough.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
I also had no issues with shedding too much with epi andro. But that's not saying that you won't have issues.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A slightly odd shaped head still looks better than bald patches mate. You can't fight it - drugs or no drugs.

Make peace with the idea that you'll be bald soon. It really isn't bad - and this is coming from someone who spent the first 30 years of their life with very long hair - in fact, there are lots of good sides to it. Combine a shaved head with muscles and you'll not only look hot (like me), but tough.
Well in my case i am not talking "slightly" I was made fun of as a kid in primary school because it is so large and it is technically deformed (bulges here and there) I know what you are saying, but please understand it is that bad for some people... so the old just shave it and move on doesnt really work for some people... if i shaved it and got really big, id just look like a muscly freak lol, sad thing is I am not kidding, but yeah I wont hijack with my sob story, i am subbed on this to hear more info on the DHT front

Eight

Eight

Awards
I do understand fella. And you have rotten luck to end up with a head shape that makes you unhappy as well as MPB. Going bald can be a huge deal for guys, but it's something that happens and you just have to deal with it.

Anyway, I'm not here to try and make you feel bad etc. So I'll leave it there - I don't know the answers to the main part of your question unfortunately.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking of running a cut in the future and adding Epi Andro to 1 Andro. My concern is I am 39 years old and have male pattern baldness. I still have some on the top, would taking Epi increase the rate of baldness to those such as myself who are prone to it? If so, is there any side supplements one can take to stop this from happening? If I have to make a choice between hair or muscles I think I will go with the hair.
I have also mpb and I did not see any hair loss with epi andro.(solo)
1 Andro, hair loss
11 keto, hair loss
Pro mag,mechabol,halodrol,epistane, No hair loss.

It says DHT like epi andro can cause increase hair loss but it didn't (to me)

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hate when people say just shave it, yeah its ok for people with bloody proportioned heads or at least look semi normal... some of us look deformed/have bumpy, uneven and noticeably different skulls and cant "just shave it"

I really want to start a cycle once I get to my goal bf% but I am scared of losing more hair, I also have mpb
Yes, really dont want to shave it. I have moles on my head, but at least my hair is currently covering those up. Guess I could always get those removed. You can take 1 andro when you decide to start a cycle. It isn't known to cause baldness.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm on my 7th week of 1 Andro, 4 Andro, and Epi Andro stack and haven't noticed any increase in hair loss.
I'm 52 and have been slowly losing my hair since 30, but no problems on this stack.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have MPB, took Epi-Andro, didn't seem to affect anything. Word is it doesn't.

Anecdotal, but all the guys I know that took finasteride for hair loss were bald ten years later. Some even think they have permanent side effects.

Edit: Some people claim this PURA D'OR shampoo works. I'd say it has a better chance than most products out there at the very least being protective.
I use Pura Dor year round now as a preventive measure.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Epiandro converts to dht, so the possibility for increased hair loss is definitely something possible, but you wont know for sure until you take it. I know some people take specific shampoos with stuff like finasteride, minoxidil, etc to help prevent hair loss while on dht and dht derivatives

Thegoodthebad

Thegoodthebad

Awards
The thickness of the skin on your scalp plays a major role when it comes to hair loss.
White people tend to have a very thin layer of skin and fat on their forehead which means the bulb of your hair can come out very easily.
DHT can cause fat loss in the scalp making it even more likely that you'll lose your hair.

DHT itself doesn't necessarily lead to hair loss otherwise everyone using epistane or epiandro would lose their hair and that is not the case.