Help with finishing my first AAS cycle and where to go next....

Djnickuk

Awards
Little about me.

I'm a 37 year old male from south UK. Have been training hard since Feb 2016. 4 x a week at the gym with main goal being hypertrophy... with some strength training thrown in also.

I train with a PT. he is very good and widely respected in my local area.

Prior to training I had never really done any kind of proper exercise other than that of cardio from daily dog walking. I have wolf dogs that require huge amounts of mileage a day.

Anyway, I'm 5 ft 11 and currently weigh 65.8kg / 145 lb. with a BF of 14.4 % measured with callipers / skin fold test.

My diet is on point and am currently in a deficit to lose the fat I accumulated from over 18 months of bulking. My calories at their highest were 4000 kcal when doing GVT for 8 weeks.

When I started the cut I was 74.8 kg / 164 lb. with a bf of over 25%.

I'm not a particularly strong chap. My bench is rubbish. Legs are quite good tho. Considering my weight and height.

But I was loosing so much strength during my cut that I decided to do an Anavar only course from Rohm labs. At 75mg ED. Split 3 x a day.

Running along side this for support I'm using Tudca and milk thistle. I'm currently in week 5 and my response to Anavar has been amazing.

My bench prior to cutting was upto 60kg / 132lb for 5 reps. But before I started the Anavar I was down to 45 kg / 99lb on the flat bench.

In this 5 weeks on Var I have pretty much had my weight stay the same but drop from 19% bf to 14 % and my strength has gone thru the roof all over. Bench back up to 60kg... preacher curls have gone from 15 kg on the easy curl bar for 6 reps... to 30kg for 10!

Even my back squat has gone from 80kg for 8 reps... to 100kg for 10 reps x 2. Nice and clean with great form.

But moreover I've never been able to use the straight bar for squats with any decent weight due to the lack of my traps. But now I'm using straight bar with 100kg and not falling thru the middle of the safety bar.

So, I'm running this for 8 weeks total. Then I'm going to be running nolva for pct along with cel m test ( which I'm taking already ) and irol legion virtus. I know Anavar doesn't aromatise but I'm over 30 so this is probably a good addition for me.

My questions are this.

Can I run Anavar for any longer? I have read anything over 8 weeks is pointless. But have seen some say take a 4 week break and then start Anavar again?

Btw, I'm really needle phobic. Else id probably be on tritest and Tren. So I really want to avoid having to use HCG. But I'm working up to doing a run with pins... we shall see.

So, because I've been so responsive to Anavar should I go longer.. or perhaps try some different PH. Been interested in that DHEA ANDRO 1/4 . And seeing as Olympus have a 50% sale I may get some bits.

So what advice have you for me. How long should I wait from running this var cycle before I start a andro cycle / stack. Could I go straight from var to this stack.. with epi?

I have loads more questions likely. And I have been researching for well over 6 months. Just the Olympus sale has me in a bit of hurry to buy some bits.

So impressed with this var. Totally outstripped mine and my PTS expectations. I've become so ripped and vascular. Look so much more like I go to the gym... lol... and the drive and focus I have in the gym is amazing. And for the first time since training I can actually feel my chest contract when working it out.

Djnickuk

Awards
Btw.. my aim is still to cut. I want to get down to 8% bf. Before I start to smart bulk. Not letting myself go above 15% bf next time.

Thefatbloke

Awards
  • Established
My .02
Steroids aren't the best way to get cut. Dropping carbs, a calorific deficit, HIIT, weights and as an addon supplements.

First things first though. If you have finished Cycle then you need a good PCT with a serm followed by time off (cycle time plus pct time off after pct)

Good luck

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your fukrd, you had no business touching steroids and now it's going to be a crutch for the rest of your lifting life. I'm willing to bet you won't even reach your genetic potential with juice. I was heavier then you with a 6pack at 5'9 when I was 15 years old. You need a mericle

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And if your trainer knew or advised you to cycle you need to fire him cus he's useless

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wont repeat what Smont said, I think the point is pretty clear.

If it were me, Id spend the foreseeable future recovering my hpta as efficiently as possible, whilst trying to build on the gainz made, as a natty. The less reliant you are on PEDs for progression and maintanence, the better. For both your health and capacity to hold on to gainz. Otherwise, you risk a pretty quick progression to trt.

Over 35s, we especially should be as learned as we can with regards to health, particularly cardiovascular. Its fine and all to take risks, but we also want to balance that with promoting our own longevity.

Djnickuk

Awards
My .02
Steroids aren't the best way to get cut. Dropping carbs, a calorific deficit, HIIT, weights and as an addon supplements.

First things first though. If you have finished Cycle then you need a good PCT with a serm followed by time off (cycle time plus pct time off after pct)

Good luck
Your fukrd, you had no business touching steroids and now it's going to be a crutch for the rest of your lifting life. I'm willing to bet you won't even reach your genetic potential with juice. I was heavier then you with a 6pack at 5'9 when I was 15 years old. You need a mericle
And if your trainer knew or advised you to cycle you need to fire him cus he's useless
I wont repeat what Smont said, I think the point is pretty clear.

If it were me, Id spend the foreseeable future recovering my hpta as efficiently as possible, whilst trying to build on the gainz made, as a natty. The less reliant you are on PEDs for progression and maintanence, the better. For both your health and capacity to hold on to gainz. Otherwise, you risk a pretty quick progression to trt.

Over 35s, we especially should be as learned as we can with regards to health, particularly cardiovascular. Its fine and all to take risks, but we also want to balance that with promoting our own longevity.
Thank you all for your prompt replies, upon rereading my original post. I realised I had made some major omissions.

I have a muscle wasting disease which is why I have decided to try and add some bulk to my frame so as there is more to waste, if that makes sense. This is why I'm very weak and not so heavy for someone my height.

My intention is never to ever reach what could be my genetic potential. I guess I kind of want to be at around 70. kg Mark at 10% BF. So the more athletic look rather than overly bulky. Looking into more functional, callisthenics type of training in the future.

So, due to my muscular dystrophy I was really suffering with the cut. I was losing so much strength it was just silly. This is why me and my pt decided to go the route of Anavar. A relitively mild AAS with little sides, easy to pct, and not too bad on the liver. And mainly used for maintaining strength when on cut. I was not expecting to see any change in mass . At all. I.e, the addition of lean mass, but am shocked at that result.

So, I can assure you that I'm not going to be using this as a crutch. If I do another cycle it would be at somepoint in a bulking cycle. But much more likely when I do my cuts. Just to maintain as much muscle as poss.

So what I'll do is finish my 8 weeks, do my 3/4 weeks pct and will take at least 12 weeks off. Which was really my plan.

But I would still like to know what people think of dhea 1/4 and its effects against things like Anavar? Would I see similar results. Or more mass.. less strength? Then I can decide whether to buy something for later use and make use of the deal at Olympus.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah a condition like that'd be a pretty significant factor in anyones decision making. Not sure how Id approach things if it were myself.

Djnickuk

Awards
IMG_2746.JPG
IMG_2747.JPG
Yes it's a hard thing to decide to do. Now with hindsight I'm going to be much more intelligent about how I train and bulk next time round. Not going to go over 12 % bf.. do more mini cuts.. to save my strength from declining so much in the cut.

But the results I've gotten from the Anavar only cycle has been unbelievable. I never thought my body could have such an amount of muscle already.

So when I finish this course in 2 weeks. I'll do my pct with nolva and iron legion virtus. May get their cortisol control also. Then it's at least 24 weeks with no supplements beyond hmb and bcaa.

This time 2 years ago there was nothing off me at all. I was told I'd be wheel chair bound by 2020. So I got a dog that requires huge amount of exercise everyday. Squatting 140kg plus... leg pressing 300kg.. and bench getting back to 60kg...

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
Damn brother, shoulders are looking like road maps with all those veins.

I don't know or understand your disease at all, let alone know enough about it to recommend hormonal cycles for that disease. That being said the 1-andro/4-andro/epiandro cycle is pretty awesome as far as very few sides, good muscle gain and great mood. Many people on this forum have enjoyed that exact mild cycle.

Djnickuk

Awards
Damn brother, shoulders are looking like road maps with all those veins.

I don't know or understand your disease at all, let alone know enough about it to recommend hormonal cycles for that disease. That being said the 1-andro/4-andro/epiandro cycle is pretty awesome as far as very few sides, good muscle gain and great mood. Many people on this forum have enjoyed that exact mild cycle.
Thanks man, I've always been quite vascular. But the var def helping. I'd love to run eq in the future to see what that would do, along with test...

But, the andro 1/4/epi cycle. Would that give similar results to that of Anavar.. or not as strong?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I think you made a great choice with the anavar. In the future you'd probably see excellent results keeping and even building muscle by adding EQ, and you'll definitely want to take at least a TRT level dose of testosterone with that stack. 150-200mg weekly, minimum.
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the andros. You've already dabbled in the good stuff and I'd continue with it from here on out.