Ketosis on cycle.

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys hope ur all doing well, i wanted to ask what do u guys think about ketosis on a test and tren cycle
Doses are 300mg/week Tren A
150mg/week Test P
before starting this cycle i have been dieting for about 1 month and a half and i have lost 19 lbs but still not looking like i want to but i do want to get to 10% by the end of the cycle, im currently at around 16-18%.
Now i know ketosis whilst being natty kinda sucks but i was hoping on cycle with high fat and high protein maybe 50/50 ratio will it be a good idea and a good way to get to 10% with one cheat day a week where i carb up.
Diet:MEAL #1
2 whole Eggs with 6 egg whites

MEAL #2
35g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

MEAL #3
6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites
Give me all ur thoughts on ketosis and ketosis on cycle and stuff like looking full or if any supplements like creatine would help and all that.
Thanks.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys hope ur all doing well, i wanted to ask what do u guys think about ketosis on a test and tren cycle
150mg/week Test P
before starting this cycle i have been dieting for about 1 month and a half and i have lost 19 lbs but still not looking like i want to but i do want to get to 10% by the end of the cycle, im currently at around 16-18%.
Now i know ketosis whilst being natty kinda sucks but i was hoping on cycle with high fat and high protein maybe 50/50 ratio will it be a good idea and a good way to get to 10% with one cheat day a week where i carb up.

MEAL #2

MEAL #3
6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites
Give me all ur thoughts on ketosis and ketosis on cycle and stuff like looking full or if any supplements like creatine would help and all that.
Thanks.
on keto diet to go from 16 % to below 10% bf is so fukin easy... you do not need tren or test to do this just stop to be lazy azz....

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
on keto diet to go from 16 % to below 10% bf is so fukin easy... you do not need tren or test to do this just stop to be lazy azz....
Im not using the test and tren to help with fat loss, but wouldnt i look flat as hell because of the glycogen in my muscles depleted from ketosis? and i was asking if test and tren would help with that and keeping my fullness, and supplementing with creatine too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not using the test and tren to help with fat loss, but wouldnt i look flat as hell because of the glycogen in my muscles depleted from ketosis? and i was asking if test and tren would help with that and keeping my fullness, and supplementing with creatine too.
If you're using AAS just to help with muscle fullness, I really suggest thinking things over for a minute.

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're using AAS just to help with muscle fullness, I really suggest thinking things over for a minute.
Not just for muscle fullness, i dont know if i did not explain it properly or clearly, what im saying is i would not run a ketogenic diet naturally but on cycle since its different will it be a good idea? because of the lack of energy and flatness ketosis gives, will doing ketosis on cycle be a good idea other than a traditional cut and just focusing on a caloric deficit with high protein.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not just for muscle fullness, i dont know if i did not explain it properly or clearly, what im saying is i would not run a ketogenic diet naturally but on cycle since its different will it be a good idea? because of the lack of energy and flatness ketosis gives, will doing ketosis on cycle be a good idea other than a traditional cut and just focusing on a caloric deficit with high protein.
So you're planning on using AAS and cutting regardless of if you use a keto diet or not?

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
what type of ketogenic diet do you use F%? P%?

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what type of ketogenic diet do you use F%? P%?
I didnt do it yet, but im reading that ketogenic diet should be high fat mainly and its not just about very low carbs, like ive read it should be 80:20 fat to protein
but wouldnt that mean my protein intake would be insanely low? 50:50 apparently isnt really ketogenic does anything with high protein work?

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another thing still unanswered is will i be looking very flat and small on ketosis while on cycle(test and tren)?

Chasingtails

Awards
I did keto at the beginning of my current cycle and didn't look deflated after the first few days of getting into it. You will lose a hell of a lot of water though if you've never done it before. If you're really worried about it, then go full keto for at least two weeks and then go to either a TKD (ingest a very small amount of carbs prior to workouts) or CKD (alternate full keto days with twoish days a week where you swap your fat call for carbs)

Also, it doesn't have to be a strict 80:20. I was doing about 60/35/5 and it worked just fine for me. Had me around 140 grams of protein which is nearly one gram per pound of lean body mass. I'd stick to around a pound and bump it up a little if you feel like you need to.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whats your experience with test and tren OP?

How long b4 starting cycle will you be starting keto if you go ahead?

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
I didnt do it yet, but im reading that ketogenic diet should be high fat mainly and its not just about very low carbs, like ive read it should be 80:20 fat to protein
but wouldnt that mean my protein intake would be insanely low? 50:50 apparently isnt really ketogenic does anything with high protein work?
The classic version of ketogenic (Atkins ) diet low to zero carbs , low protein around 20% , high fat 80% or more is not for bodybuilding purposes, it's for people with some sickness epilepsy etc. You can start P/F 50/50 carbs lower as possible and as you go dipper in cutting cut fat and increase protein if you have to , I'm on keto all year round my diet is around 20% fat 75% protein , as far looking flat check SARM's, MK, & GW : A User's Guide page 245 I posted photos of my current ( tell me if I'm looking flat ) shape and what I take .

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keto is muscle sparing. Too much protein will keep you out of ketosis and make you feel like crap.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
Keto is muscle sparing. Too much protein will keep you out of ketosis and make you feel like crap.
i'm in keto long time as long in every meal you have fat you will be in ketosis, I'm also using ketones blood monitor....

and feel better than ever.....

Chasingtails

Awards
i'm in keto long time as long in every meal you have fat you will be in ketosis, I'm also using ketones blood monitor....

and feel better than ever.....
You also said that you're eating 75% protein and 25% fat, which doesn't really fit any conventional keto diet. Not saying you aren't in ketosis, but it seems unlikely if that breakdown is accurate

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah thats what i read, and i really dont wanna be lethargic and have no energy on cycle, the thing is guys i have lost 21lbs(9.5kg) but it doesnt look like i lost that much and im not sure if its a good or bad thing since i havent lost any size except for waistline, but as far as muscle definition and toning it isnt that big of a difference but its definitely an improvement but i would think 21lbs(9.5)kg of weight loss would make a bigger difference, my arms for some reason seem to be looking nicer and if possible bigger which is something im happy with so the reason i wanna try keto is because i have been told my body holds on to water a lot so maybe a ketogenic diet is what i need to get shredded especially on cycle, if i were to do keto naturally i would always be scared of losing muscle due to no glycogen and post workout without carbs would just keep me worried and on cycle i wouldnt care about losing muscle as it wont happen.

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One more thing other than my above post, forget the ratios what do u think of the diet i posted at the start?

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
You also said that you're eating 75% protein and 25% fat, which doesn't really fit any conventional keto diet. Not saying you aren't in ketosis, but it seems unlikely if that breakdown is accurate
read my post precisely classic version of keto IS NOT FOR BODYBUILDING PURPOSES I follow Dave Palumbo style works amazing....

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
read my post precisely classic version of keto IS NOT FOR BODYBUILDING PURPOSES I follow Dave Palumbo style works amazing....
I checked out the diet i posted which was my first post and the ratio of the macros is 6% carbs 47% fat 47% protein. What do u think?

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
I checked out the diet i posted which was my first post and the ratio of the macros is 6% carbs 47% fat 47% protein. What do u think?
F/P 50%\50% it's good starting point don't put crabs in your diet on purpose, add some green vegetables broccoli spinach ( mostly green veg)
IMG_3291.jpg

meal example chicken breast beef low. carb mustard etc.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't do it. Without carbs, you're really limiting what those anabolic are capable of. Eat big, lift big; get big. Save the Keto for after PCT

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't do it. Without carbs, you're really limiting what those anabolic are capable of. Eat big, lift big; get big. Save the Keto for after PCT
I do agree 100% if i were to bulk, but all i care about is getting shredded for this cycle, not size. I have heard since tren is great at nutrient partitioning i should take advantage of it and keep my carbs, but its just that my body seems to hold water and keto may help with that, what do u think?

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
F/P 50%\50% it's good starting point don't put crabs in your diet on purpose, add some green vegetables broccoli spinach ( mostly green veg) View attachment 150967
meal example chicken breast beef low. carb mustard etc.
Looks pretty decent, not hard to follow this style for 4 meals a day with a protein shake.
Not all 4 like that but i get the point like with eggs and all that.

How have ur results been on keto btw?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, if you feel like total ass on this cycle, is it the tren or is it the diet?

Danus

Danus

Awards
if a keto style diet gets you worse performance and results then don't run that style of diet stick to what has been working.
Drugs don't dictate what style of diet you use to lose weight with the exception of some improved insulin sensitivity.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if a keto style diet gets you worse performance and results then don't run that style of diet stick to what has been working.
I think youd be stoopid to start this diet concurrently with tren when youre a noob to both.

Id personally start the keto first, get acquainted and settled with the new baseline, then add new compounds in.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
150mg/week Test P

MEAL #2

MEAL #3

MEAL #4

MEAL #5
Thanks.
If you're doing real keto...70 30 seems like a better idea..

No one diet is better than the other for fat loss or muscle gain as long as you're at an energy deficit or surplus.

If it works for you stick with k eto. If not, don't.

Try it for 4 months and see. That's about all the advice anyone can give you.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty decent, not hard to follow this style for 4 meals a day with a protein shake.
Not all 4 like that but i get the point like with eggs and all that.

How have ur results been on keto btw?
last day of cutting cycle I also use intermittent fasting just finished 48h window, ( I'm feel really flat ) the photo is done after morning cardio tomorrow carb day
IMG_3321.jpg

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well guys i think its settled for the keto on cycle, i am gonna make up my mind if keto as a natty is good and mainly deal with that then ill move it on cycle, but one last question, ive heard about keto breath and bad body odor while following the ketogenic diet and people also get bad breath and bad body odor on tren so a mix of keto and tren wouldnt this turn me into a piece of slime?
Any experienced users can confirm or deny as this is actually something to worry about.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
no idea about stinky mix of keto and tren but yep breath/ sweat might be an issue especially in the beginning ( morning breath, after exercise sweat kind of acetone smell ) o well sugar free mints pills and good antiperspirant that's all what you need .

Reactions: Nac