• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninja23

Awards
Do you aspirate? Why or why not? I personally haven't been but I've seen some horror stories on the interwebs

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes.

Takes 2secs to do.

Does the needle move a little when I do it sometimes, increasing the risk of tissue damage? Possibly. But Ill take the risk.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven't gotten to pinning yet, but yes, aspirating is a must from my understanding. Why? So you know you aren't inside a vein; if you aspirate and blood comes into the oil, take the syringe out, replace the needle with a clean one and find a new spot

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I aspirate. Injecting into a vain.. Not fun. Panic, coughing and sweats.. Yeah, I'd rather have a stiff glute than do that again.

I know it basically just "leaks" a little into a vain, but ehg.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Not saying it's the best idea for everyone, but I do not. I pretty much only pin delts and lats, and I know my spots and where the major veins are there, plus I generally use slin pins which aren't really designed to be aspirated anyway.
Also when you think about it, when was the last time that you received an injection from a nurse or medical professional and they aspirated? If you live in the US the chances are you haven't, I don't believe it is part of their protocol, just food for thought.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Not saying it's the best idea for everyone, but I do not. I pretty much only pin delts and lats, and I know my spots and where the major veins are there, plus I generally use slin pins which aren't really designed to be aspirated anyway.
Also when you think about it, when was the last time that you received an injection from a nurse or medical professional and they aspirated? If you live in the US the chances are you haven't, I don't believe it is part of their protocol, just food for thought.
They are medical professionals, I am not, therefor I aspirate.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
They are medical professionals, I am not, therefor I aspirate.
Fair enough lol.

And if I pinned glutes/ventroglutes or quads or an area I wasn't familiar with, or if I used lower gauge pins I might too. But I don't, so I don't, and I've never injected into a vein (not that that means anything or is sound logic). Also advice for those who don't aspirate, either do it, or make sure you go in perpendicular (90 degrees) to the skin. In order to "successfully" (which you don't want) inject into a vein, you pretty much need to be at an acute or off angle, this will solve 95% of your problems.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No I don't.

2nd edit: found the site I read from before: Because there are no large blood vessels in the recommended sites, aspiration before injection of vaccines (i.e., pulling back on the syringe plunger after needle insertion but before injection) is not necessary. Also, some safety-engineered syringes do not allow for aspiration.
https://www.amsn.org/practice-resources/care-term-reference/medications/question-what-current-practice-for-giving-im

From my experience, when you hit a vein, you feel it. It hurts. and bleeds.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah I don't aspirate.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nah, if you hit a vein you'll know it. I always have. When I was running BPC if I hit a vein or got close to one it was painful as hell.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nope. Not here either.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, Ill admit that a big part of my aspirating is psychological. Makes me feel better.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Nah, if you hit a vein you'll know it. I always have. When I was running BPC if I hit a vein or got close to one it was painful as hell.
Nerve? Because I've hit those before, DAMN!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Ill admit that a big part of my aspirating is psychological. Makes me feel better.
Exactly, I inject 90 degree angle etc, I just feel better about it.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I'm more afraid of hitting a nerve than a vessel. Sliding that pin in and seeing the whole muscle twitch when you hit it is not something I enjoying watching.

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
I aspirate.. just told and taught that's the habit to start so that's what I do.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don't aspirate anymore. If you feel a little pinch when it goes in, you hit a vein, take it out and reinsert somewhere else.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't in a long time. Delts, glutes and lats have been free of any issue not aspirating.

The 2 times I got some into bloodstream, I aspirated. So what's the point?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nerve? Because I've hit those before, DAMN!
Nerves you'll feel as well. Can't really distinguish between the two till afterwords. If it bruises later it's a vein if it gives me worse pip it was a nerve

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how you using slin pins???? An injection must take all afternoon.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Pretty easy really. Anytime I have 1cc or less for an injection I use a slin pin. Although that hasn't happened since 2016

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
What size? I got 29 and 30
29 I believe. I don't pay attention anymore. The slower the less of a lump/soreness I get.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Nerves you'll feel as well. Can't really distinguish between the two till afterwords. If it bruises later it's a vein if it gives me worse pip it was a nerve
Hitting a nerve causes a "twitch" and a sharp pain for me. a Vein has this dull long pain.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Drawing would take forever, but I back load them and I inject bilaterally so it's usually .5cc or 1cc in each shoulder or lat. It takes a little while to inject, but because the cylinder diameter is so small the plunger generates a ton of pressure so it pushes the oil faster than you would think even though the needle is high gauge. And I do whatever I can to lower the viscosity (pretty much just heat it)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
As a nurse who gives injections all the time. I would always suggest aspirating during injections. It literally takes like 0.5 seconds and is just better safe practice.

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
Nope i dont aspirate.. just a good way to cause extra pip

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aspirating= needle movement= more pip. You will never stay in the same spot anyway so it's kinda pointless.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drawing would take forever, but I back load them and I inject bilaterally so it's usually .5cc or 1cc in each shoulder or lat. It takes a little while to inject, but because the cylinder diameter is so small the plunger generates a ton of pressure so it pushes the oil faster than you would think even though the needle is high gauge. And I do whatever I can to lower the viscosity (pretty much just heat it)
Use 23 gauge needle to draw then pull plunger out of the slin pin and just inject oil into back of slin pin then just put the plunger back in, just be careful to let the air go to the needle end of the syringe and push it out. Quick way to load them and also keeps needle sharp for easy injection. You're welcome ;)

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Use 23 gauge needle to draw then pull plunger out of the slin pin and just inject oil into back of slin pin then just put the plunger back in, just be careful to let the air go to the needle end of the syringe and push it out. Quick way to load them and also keeps needle sharp for easy injection. You're welcome ;)
I know bro, that's what I was saying, that's what back loading is.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I actually use a large bore syringe with a low gauge to back fill enough slin pins for multiple injects, like a week's worth if I'm running short esters. That way I can just grab a slin pin and I'm good to go

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know bro, that's what I was saying, that's what back loading is.
Never heard that terminology before, was wondering how I hadn't heard about anyone doing this before. Seemed too simple to miss.

BodyOfWotan

Awards
I don`t aspirate.
I do glutes only at a 90° angle with 23-27 gauge needles. I know my spots and feel like aspirating moves the needle around more, actually increasing your chance of hitting a vein.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hitting a nerve causes a "twitch" and a sharp pain for me. a Vein has this dull long pain.
Same, nerve tends to be worse for me afterwords tho, the pip gets pretty nasty a day later. Veins just bruise

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I aspirated for a week when I first started and haven't done it since.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I aspirated always, no question. But still hit a vein for the first time last year.

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
Have never had this happen before and through consistency I never thought anything of it, but when I aspirate I've heard you are supposed to pull a yellow liquid / cloudy clear liquid from the muscle but all I have ever gotten was air bubbles anyone else get this same effect ?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Yes it's probably cavitation, it also mean you are hitting the spot correctly and going into solid muscle, don't worry about it you are good to go

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
Yes it's probably cavitation, it also mean you are hitting the spot correctly and going into solid muscle, don't worry about it you are good to go
Right on thanks, like I said I never thought anything of it. No blood = run it IMO. Bury it deep and squeeze.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have never had this happen before and through consistency I never thought anything of it, but when I aspirate I've heard you are supposed to pull a yellow liquid / cloudy clear liquid from the muscle but all I have ever gotten was air bubbles anyone else get this same effect ?
Weird.

Have you considered the possibility you are an android?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I did aspirate, I never saw anything but air pull back. I would actually trip out if I saw some yellow liquid.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
You guys are overcomplicating it. Just 29 slin it to the delts (front, side, rear) with no aspiration needed. I pin every day to both delts and never had a problem and I've done at least 800-1000+ injections minimum.

BTW this is my first post in probably 4 years as I've been at OLM, M&S and HCU during that time.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aspirating takes 2secs, literally. I dont think thats overcomplicated.

But, I do get the objections, or the desire for lots of guys not to bother with it. Im certainly not going to go around claiming its a necessity if you value "safety". For me, its like a compulsive behaviour similiar to unconsciously checking that your flye is up. You can be confident as fuk that its up, but still the act of double checking helps you sleep at night in the knowledge you arent walking round with your cok hanging out.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Aspirating takes 2secs, literally. I dont think thats overcomplicated.

But, I do get the objections, or the desire for lots of guys not to bother with it. Im certainly not going to go around claiming its a necessity if you value "safety". For me, its like a compulsive behaviour similiar to unconsciously checking that your flye is up. You can be confident as fuk that its up, but still the act of double checking helps you sleep at night in the knowledge you arent walking round with your cok hanging out.
http://littletonnhhospital.org/images/NursesPages/files/Crawford,%20CL;%20Johnson,%20JA,%20Nursing%202012,%20March%2820-25%29.pdf

Based on reviewed evidence from the numerous studies on this matter, expert opinion and scientific judgement, the answer is NO, we do not need to aspirate. Now I'd listen to a professional advice versus the bro science here all day every day. Just saying...

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use a 23g 1.5" needle to the glute. I never aspirate. My wife has been doing IM for years for her MS, and has shown me how to inject without any problems

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I currently pin delts and glutes both with 1" 25G, and don't aspirate. Soon will probably have to add quads and lats though

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
http://littletonnhhospital.org/images/NursesPages/files/Crawford,%20CL;%20Johnson,%20JA,%20Nursing%202012,%20March%2820-25%29.pdf

Based on reviewed evidence from the numerous studies on this matter, expert opinion and scientific judgement, the answer is NO, we do not need to aspirate. Now I'd listen to a professional advice versus the bro science here all day every day. Just saying...
Bro, youre missing the point.

Ive tried making it painstakingly clear: Im not asserting there is any safety benefit to aspirating.

I do it ENTIRELY for psychological benefit. Its irrational! You cant out-rationalise an irrational behaviour. Unless there was irrefutable proof the practice was harmful (not possibly or potentially harmful, but actually detrimental).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
SDPonce63 Anabolics 21
Anabolics 15
Anabolics 10
Anabolics 2