Resting Heart Rate and Steroids

Jpwithey

Awards
Another Question: My resting heart rate wo/ using gear is 60 BPM. While on gear my resting heart rate is between 90-95 BPM. According to the AHA the normal resting heart rate range is between 60-100 BPM for healthy adults (excludes athletes).

My question is does this happen to you? Is it just me or does this seem too high - cause for concern? Is it advised that anything can be taken to reduce this rate and what are the options?

This increased rate must have something to do w/ CNS stimulation that could be a double edged sword. Thanks guys!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, steroids increase your metabolism.

A lot going on at a cellular level.

But 90ish seems a bit high. Mine is usually around 70's.

But blood pressure is more a concern. Most get high bp while on aas.
Again, my bp doesn't ever go over pre hypertension levels. But I'd say most people's bp sky rockets.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
When using orals, my RHR definitely goes up. It has been up in the 80s and 90s before. But I'm on gear now (test, NPP, and EQ) and my RHR is actually the lowest it's ever been: 58-60bpm.
It's even been getting down to 45-48 while I'm asleep - via FitBit ChargeHR.

Jpwithey

Awards
NAC, yes I've been monitoring BP as well which is excellent now on cycle at 120/80. When I'm off cycle I'm at 105/65ish. I've discussed this RHR w/ others on other boards and have heard that the general consensus is that it is normal for RHR to increase on cycle (as mentioned) with 85-100 being "typical." Through my inquiry, it is well understood that the athlete should strive for a lower heart rate in general for longevity purposes. It's important to note too that professional athletes (users and nonusers) have heart attacks too. So, he or she too that conditions him or herself for longevity akin to who dies fittest still dies.

I have no self-concern for BP, but feel more educated on effects of AAS on RHR and thus more at ease. At a 90 RHR, it is expected and in range for the "typical" on cycle effect.

BamBam0319, any idea on why you're RHR is lower now than w/ previous cycles - curious.

Thanks AM.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
My initial guess? Cleaner diet. Could be improved ancillary support as well. I still haven't really done any cardiovascular exercise so that can't be it!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My initial guess? Cleaner diet. Could be improved ancillary support as well. I still haven't really done any cardiovascular exercise so that can't be it!
Maybe an increase in vasodilation?

I'm on some non aas ped's and my heart rate was nice an low ( 50bpm) then I jumped on 250mg test c, and it went back to the 65-70bpm at rest.
Might also be cause it's over 110 every day here in az right now too.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Maybe an increase in vasodilation?

I'm on some non aas ped's and my heart rate was nice an low ( 50bpm) then I jumped on 250mg test c, and it went back to the 65-70bpm at rest.
Might also be cause it's over 110 every day here in az right now too.
That too, I've been using OL's ENDUR3+ preworkout which has epicatechin and pump-inducing ingredients, until I ran out recently and I switched to EP1C Unleashed. I also always take a non-stim pump pre-workout, only sometimes adding stims.
For the record, I'm on 500mg test e, 300 NPP, and 500 EQ weekly. Contest prep 16 weeks out

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That too, I've been using OL's ENDUR3+ preworkout which has epicatechin and pump-inducing ingredients, until I ran out recently and I switched to EP1C Unleashed. I also always take a non-stim pump pre-workout, only sometimes adding stims.
For the record, I'm on 500mg test e, 300 NPP, and 500 EQ weekly. Contest prep 16 weeks out
Nice.

250 test c, 400mg amp-5, 1600mg l-car injected weekly

Also got a 30ml vial of l-arginine that I ordered accidentally. But it's useless for me, I'll give it to a friend who competes, as I think that'd be perfect to use before getting on stage. 2-3G before stepping on stage.
Have a tri in October, then ocr two weeks later.

Jpwithey

Awards
Thanks AM Community - I appreciate you and salute you!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Nice.

250 test c, 400mg amp-5, 1600mg l-car injected weekly

Also got a 30ml vial of l-arginine that I ordered accidentally. But it's useless for me, I'll give it to a friend who competes, as I think that'd be perfect to use before getting on stage. 2-3G before stepping on stage.
Have a tri in October, then ocr two weeks later.
Ooh I forgot I pin 400mg l-carnitine daily too, that might be helping!
That arginine pre contest is a good idea. I've been looking into that Synthelator product.
What's the amp-5 for?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ooh I forgot I pin 400mg l-carnitine daily too, that might be helping!
That arginine pre contest is a good idea. I've been looking into that Synthelator product.
What's the amp-5 for?
Amp5 is for endurance, fat loss, and vasodilation.
Adenosine monophosphate-5
I typically pin around 600-800mg of l-car at a time, at its recommended to use 600mg per 100kg, usually only 2x per week though. But I don't think you can do too much lol.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Amp5 is for endurance, fat loss, and vasodilation.
Adenosine monophosphate-5
I typically pin around 600-800mg of l-car at a time, at its recommended to use 600mg per 100kg, usually only 2x per week though. But I don't think you can do too much lol.
Oh very interesting. That's right down my alley.
The recs including with my l-car product said 1ml (200mg) for either every 25 or 50kg bodyweight. At 100kg I just take 2ml daily. Preworkout. Makes me sweat like crazy, I'm vascular all day, and the increased androgen receptor sensitivity or whatever can never be a bad thing

Whorid

Whorid

Awards
I run 500 test e, 300'deca, 500 eq weekly and use dbol oil at 40mg daily. My bp is about 128/89. That was yesterday and my heart rate was about 68. My rbc is 16.1 as well. Just donated some blood yesterday because I felt my bp and pulse were high. I used a bp monitor at work, and the cuff was too small. My readings were 156/98. Huuuuuggggeeee difference. If you're concerned, hit your doc or donate blood. The blood thing can save a couple lives, plus, we should do it a few times a year anyways. I take my animal pak, 5-6g fish oil, 200mg CoQ10, eat clean, drink tons of water and I intake a lot of caffeine too. That's it. No this, no that. Everything works fine as long as you don't over do it and maintain consistency with your vitamins. Oh magnesium citrate is another amazing vitamin for your heart