First cycle

FabeanT

Awards
I just started my first cycle. Is it ok for me to just take nolva dex as a pct and what should I take for an estrogen blocker that isn't bad for cholesterol

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
You didn't plan this out before you started the cycle? That's your first mistake.
Nolvadex will be the backbone of your PCT. Yes.
You will need an aromatase inhibitor (AI) to block the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. The most common ones are arimidex (anastrazole) and aromasin (exemestane). I like arimidex during my cycle and aromasin in PCT.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
I just started my first cycle. Is it ok for me to just take nolva dex as a pct and what should I take for an estrogen blocker that isn't bad for cholesterol
How about letting us in on what you are actually running?

Reactions: Nac
saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
We need to know what you're taking, and yes, this should have been pre-planned. A wise man told me when I started, "no SERM, no cycle."

That said, my general $0.02 is that exemestane is easier on the body overall than anastrazole. None of them are great for your cholesterol because they are designed to effect estrogen. Make sure to stay away from too many refined carbs/sugars on cycle to help with cholesterol.

This is just general till we find out your cycle. For all we know, you should be taking an AI on cycle. Also, forewarning; everyone is different. I have very sensitive glands and have had to use much stronger aromatase inhibitors than most people have on equivalent cycles of certain compounds. Listen to your body.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and Tamoxifen doesn't have to be the backbone of your PCT. Many folks think clomiphene (roughly same price as tamoxifen) or toremifene (newer and pricier) to be easier on the body with the same efficacy.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Oh, and Tamoxifen doesn't have to be the backbone of your PCT. Many folks think clomiphene (roughly same price as tamoxifen) or toremifene (newer and pricier) to be easier on the body with the same efficacy.
Sure it doesn't, but that's what he mentioned, so for simplicity's sake I told him yes nolvadex would work. Clomid is said to be more effective but with more side effects. I personally never got these emotional side effects some people complain about, so I use clomid. The rest usually use nolvadex.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Sure it doesn't, but that's what he mentioned, so for simplicity's sake I told him yes nolvadex would work. Clomid is said to be more effective but with more side effects. I personally never got these emotional side effects some people complain about, so I use clomid. The rest usually use nolvadex.
It wasn't directed at you; I just used your wording ao it may have seemed that way. It was just a general statement since guy seems to be learning. Just wanted to present all the options. And I agree, clomid doesn't give me the emotional sides either. Then again, I've never been prone to sides of any compound, which is why my sensitivity to e2 under certain compounds surprised me so.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
It wasn't directed at you; I just used your wording ao it may have seemed that way. It was just a general statement since guy seems to be learning. Just wanted to present all the options. And I agree, clomid doesn't give me the emotional sides either. Then again, I've never been prone to sides of any compound, which is why my sensitivity to e2 under certain compounds surprised me so.
It's weird. Estrogen sides got my like a f**kin wall except when it comes to clomid.

chris.patron

Awards
Clomid gives me horrible sides to the point where my first pct was screwed up and I was freaking out! Luckily I had nolva on hand as well and that did the trick for me. That's why it's best to be fully stocked and prepared for anything the go south

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
That just goes to show everyone is different. Nolva makes me a little moody, but it just makes my body feel gross. After my first PCT, I only use it alongside letrozole as a panic button for gyno scares.

chris.patron

Awards
That just goes to show everyone is different. Nolva makes me a little moody, but it just makes my body feel gross. After my first PCT, I only use it alongside letrozole as a panic button for gyno scares.
Luckily I have not run into any sort of gyno issues but I do keep letro and arimidex on hand just in case. Better to be prepared then ending up with them bitch tits haha