First test cycle log

Ninja23

Awards
Just started my first test cycle did first pin today will update with photos I have enough for 15 weeks first pin was duper easy felt no pip injection didn't hurt have aromasin and clomid I've done phs in the past
Stats
5'9 160
Body fat? You guys can decide I think I'm around 13-14
Goals hitting 175 would be awesome maybe recomp
Starting lifts
Weighted chins 45 sets of 6
BB row 205 sets of 5
OHP 140 sets of 5
Squat 315 2rm
I'll update all my lifts
Before pics
2017-06-22 15.44.06.png

2017-06-22 16.07.02.png

Those are pics from a few weeks ago be easy on me I never take photos of myself
I will upload some of the wheels tomorrow maybe arms to if you guys want

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For a minute there I thought you did 205 sets of 5 reps for rows.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just started my first test cycle did first pin today will update with photos I have enough for 15 weeks first pin was duper easy felt no pip injection didn't hurt have aromasin and clomid I've done phs in the past
Stats
5'9 160
Body fat? You guys can decide I think I'm around 13-14
Goals hitting 175 would be awesome maybe recomp
Starting lifts
BB row 205 sets of 5
OHP 140 sets of 5
Squat 315 2rm
I'll update all my lifts
Pics coming tomorrow
Nah, bro.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm in, only thing I wanna say at this point is your doing bb rows wrong just by the weight u use I'm 200and don't go over 150, I got boys juiced to the gills and strong as fuk that don't go over 225. Drop the weight and work the muscle

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its weird how you write it down, that's why the fuzz. :)

Instead of:
BB row 205 sets of 5
OHP 140 sets of 5
Do like:
Chin ups BW+45lbs x10/8/8/8/5/5
BB row 205lbs x8/7/7/7/6
OHP 140lbs x 9/9/9/8/8

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Its weird how you write it down, that's why the fuzz. :)

Instead of:

Do like:
Chin ups BW+45lbs x10/8/8/8/5/5
BB row 205lbs x8/7/7/7/6
OHP 140lbs x 9/9/9/8/8
I get how he's saying his workout(after looking at it twice) but the strongest 160lb man in the world ain't barbell rowing 205 properly .

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It leads me to believe he's ego lifting and I'm not being a dyck but if you wanna maximize your cycle and grow giving everything else in place then back down on your weight

Reactions: Nac

Ninja23

Awards
Bb rowing 205 is strong? :S shouldn't you be rowing what you bench to stay balanced I bench 225 for 5x5 not super strong or anything but what would make more sense for someone at my weight to be rowing 185 is pretty easy but 205 is very strong? I was joking about the "i do" I should have written it differently

Ninja23

Awards
I'm in, only thing I wanna say at this point is your doing bb rows wrong just by the weight u use I'm 200and don't go over 150, I got boys juiced to the gills and strong as fuk that don't go over 225. Drop the weight and work the muscle
150 :S I could do that for sets of 10 maybe I can post a vid and you could help me on my form ?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bb rowing 205 is strong? :S shouldn't you be rowing what you bench to stay balanced I bench 225 for 5x5 not super strong or anything but what would make more sense for someone at my weight to be rowing 185 is pretty easy but 205 is very strong? I was joking about the "i do" I should have written it differently
Watch old Lee haney videos and you will never see him go over 185, you shouldn't be able to row nearly what you bench it don't work that way, post a video if you want. I'm trying to help you not challenge your ego

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty strong for your weight, if you ask me. The chin ups +45 too. You must be a small beast! :)
Nice to see someone else doing weighted chin ups! Keep it up!

Ninja23

Awards
Pretty strong for your weight, if you ask me. The chin ups +45 too. You must be a small beast! :)
Nice to see someone else doing weighted chin ups! Keep it up!
Thanks so much man I actually had a guy come up the other day and gave me props and said it was awesome I could do

Ninja23

Awards
A little update I couldn't get any vids today friend bailed on me today had a good workout nothing unusual glute feels a little bruised but no visible signs of a bruise or bump I'll definitely gt vids on Monday my next upper day I'll get my lady to come so I can grab some vids for you guys

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good, bro! That's what a lean 160lbs looks like, awesome!

Thegoodthebad

Thegoodthebad

Awards
Looking good. I'm in to see the results

Ninja23

Awards
Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it I always think I look terrible it's really nice to have your guys support!

Thegoodthebad

Thegoodthebad

Awards
You want to gain weight -I want to lose weight, damn.
Wanna see whats "terrible" looks like?
I hear you! I'm at 18% body fat (I used to be obese) it took me years to look anything close to "decent"
My goal was 10% bf from the start, but it's a lot harder than I originally thought!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear you! I'm at 18% body fat (I used to be obese) it took me years to look anything close to "decent"
My goal was 10% bf from the start, but it's a lot harder than I originally thought!
LOL, I hear you too!

My goal is to get to 18% BF , I'm an old fart and love life too much to go lower, LOL.
It gets harder to slim down when you older, even with all the AAS and Stims at hand.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No update?
Ninja23 , you are a lazy mofo and will get fat, mark my words!

Ninja23

Awards
Don't impose that upon meeeeeeeeeee tbh nothing to crazy has happened not sure what to report I'll definitely update tomorrow second pin tomorrow I have the weekend off so there will be only light cardio occurring taking my dog out for a couple hours each day and work

Ninja23

Awards
Second pin today went smoothly I actually like pinning so that's a good thing I guess nothing really to report obviously only 2 pins will report back Monday with some workout vids etc

Ninja23

Awards
Third pin yesterday I hit more near my hip flexor so I feel so hip pip today but other than that hip looks fine no side effects or ai dosed yet

Ninja23

Awards
My workouts are also going great I feel really good getting great pumps not to sure if it's the test I'll take the placebo though I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and see where the weight is hopefully gained a few pounds I feel a little bigger but could be water weight not sure how to tell

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My workouts are also going great I feel really good getting great pumps not to sure if it's the test I'll take the placebo though I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and see where the weight is hopefully gained a few pounds I feel a little bigger but could be water weight not sure how to tell
Yoda: "Placebo it is."
:)

Ninja23

Awards
Itay also be the 400mg of caffeine and 24mg of ephedrine I took an hour and a half ago :) can't forget to add my supps I guess

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Watch old Lee haney videos and you will never see him go over 185, you shouldn't be able to row nearly what you bench it don't work that way, post a video if you want. I'm trying to help you not challenge your ego

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
Not sure where this is coming from, but I personally BB row for reps at 225 x 10 for multiple sets. I'm not following where the mentality is with dropping weight back like you are mentioning.

Ninja23

Awards
Not sure where this is coming from, but I personally BB row for reps at 225 x 10 for multiple sets. I'm not following where the mentality is with dropping weight back like you are mentioning.
Thanks for the reply man I completely agree

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Rows are also one of my strongpoints; I've banged out 225x15 before but usually stick to 135-185 and 225 on good days. Subbed btw

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me too, 220lbs, vid is from almost a year ago (I'm bigger now...cough...brag...cough..):

https://vimeo.com/174449889

Ninja23

Awards
Those are very clean how do you post a video like that??

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are very clean how do you post a video like that??
Just go to vimeo, upload. Then copy url to video (browser) , then use the link button (world symbol with "handcuffs") next to the "email envelope", paste it.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ever notice guys that can row heavy Can do heavy seated military presses?

I knew a guy that would rep 225 for both...like you would hear the fooking plates.

I can get 100 dumbbells for 10. I can row 185 for maybe 5.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I knew a guy that would rep 225 for both...like you would hear the fooking plates.

My standing overhead is weak, but my seated military is fair; I generally do it on a smith machine as it feels way better

Ninja23

Awards

100s for 10 is strong how is your standing OHP? I have a friend who can do the 75s I can only do the 55s however we both do 140 for 5x5 on standing OHP

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had to stop performing military presses. I think I was doing 65 standing.

Idk if it was from military press or I went on a relentless pursuit of getting a muscle up and now my left shoulder is fooked.

I do the machine now...it sucks. Afraid of reinjury. I mean it hurt to lift a fork!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a very weak OHP due to shoulder trouble. To compensate I do landmine press fairly heavy with 90lbs x 8 one armed.
My rows can get really heavy, like seated row 230lbs, one armed x7. Bench is lacking (shoulder), doing machines and DB hex presses.
Both knees are fugged up and I recently started training legs again.

When you get older, you are happy about the limbs who still work, LOL!

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, I really focus on time under tension. Not locking out...

Dumbell rows I'm strong, it's barbell that seems to separate the strong

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can strict press my bw for 5 but can't control and squeeze the same on rows. Did alotta clean n press in highschool so that's probably y

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to stop performing military presses. I think I was doing 65 standing.

Idk if it was from military press or I went on a relentless pursuit of getting a muscle up and now my left shoulder is fooked.

I do the machine now...it sucks. Afraid of reinjury. I mean it hurt to lift a fork!
Here some exercises when shoulders are bad:
Standing landmine press (chest, front delts)
DB Hex press (chest)
Lateral DB flies slightly inclined with thumbs up (side delts)

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you sir,
I needed some help with new shoulder work.

Same with shrugs. When I was a younger I would have the bar bending. Now I grab 85-100 db and squeeze. I love my back��