PH affect on blood test

Unknown0

Awards
After much reading on this forum, I recently began my first prohormone cycle of 1/4 andro, currently 220 of each. About a week before starting it, I asked my doctor to do routine blood tests, and that he include testosterone because I had been noticing a lack of libido. I figured I could use it as a starting point blood test, then do the others on my own, and I was really having some low testosterone symptoms, although I didn't think it would be legitimate low testosterone.

I am now about 5 days into my cycle, and my test results came back to show I do in fact have low testosterone. My doctor wants me to do a more comprehensive blood test, then start TRT. Would the cycle impact my blood test levels so much at this point as to interfere with the results? I can get it early in the morning, so its as far from my last dose as possible. Or should I stop the 1/4 andro doses for a few days, then get the test, or should I cancel the cycle altogether?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
In the possibility of TRT you should stop your cycle completely. Let it clear up if you are going on TRT, then it will take some time to dial up, with more bloods

Reactions: Nac
AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you ran ph/ds/aas in the past? Were the bloods drawn prior to this cycle? If you have cycled in the past, how long post-pct were these recent bloods drawn? I would hold back on trt if your bloods were drawn on cycle because they could've messed with the results

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree, if youre serious about following this through with your doc, properly, youll need to ditch the andros. The 4 andro particularly could prove to be a significant confounding factor.

Unknown0

Awards
Have you ran ph/ds/aas in the past? Were the bloods drawn prior to this cycle? If you have cycled in the past, how long post-pct were these recent bloods drawn? I would hold back on trt if your bloods were drawn on cycle because they could've messed with the results
Thanks everyone for the responses. I have NOT run ph/ds/aas in the past and the bloods were drawn prior to any cycle. I had run a few natty supplements, but that is it, and I wasn't taking anything besides staples (creatine/protein/multi/fish oil) for at least 4 weeks when I had the blood test. It is legitimate low testosterone. I had been frustrated with a lack of progress in the gym, which is what led me to PHs in the first place, I just didn't expect to really have low test.

How long do I need to wait after stopping the 1/4-andro for the blood test to not be impacted by it? I will want to get my doctor an accurate reading quickly so we can proceed with TRT asap.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks everyone for the responses. I have NOT run ph/ds/aas in the past and the bloods were drawn prior to any cycle. I had run a few natty supplements, but that is it, and I wasn't taking anything besides staples (creatine/protein/multi/fish oil) for at least 4 weeks when I had the blood test. It is legitimate low testosterone. I had been frustrated with a lack of progress in the gym, which is what led me to PHs in the first place, I just didn't expect to really have low test.

How long do I need to wait after stopping the 1/4-andro for the blood test to not be impacted by it? I will want to get my doctor an accurate reading quickly so we can proceed with TRT asap.
Your levels might be lower after using 1 and 4 andro; If you need trt then you need it, but that's up to you

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thing is, you get bloods done whilst using 4 andro and sure, maybe fsh/lh will be suppressed but you may very well also read mid-range on TT and lord knows how high with e2. I imagine your doc will find this turn around in values perplexing, especially considering lh/fsh.

Having these compounds effective in your system whilst also trying to get baseline "natty" bloods for trt purposes...well, Im sure you can see the conflict. If you were running just the 1 andro, maybe youd get away with it, but the 4 andro will likely fuk things up. Seen it before with a guy who was on trt, his endo thought he was still on trt (he wasnt, he was running some 4 andro).

As far as time off for a clean draw, obviously the longer the better, but after only 5 or so days dosing you should be fine within a week Id guess.