Ostarine solo vs 1-andro

P

pidabread

Awards
For my first cycle I'm trying to choose between ostarine and 1-andro. Currently 21 years old, 22 in a week and I realize I'll probably be advised to steer clear of anything potentially dangerous of HPTA.

However, I'm choosing between Osta and 1-andro because (to my knowledge), they're some of the least suppressive in their class meaning they have the least potential for negative side effects.

Stats
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 163 lbs
Bf:7-8%
Started lifting at 16 but was 100 lbs soaking wet

Nutrition will be focused on bulking while staying same bf or losing bf. From my understanding, bulking on osta I can expect 4-6 lbs of lean mass while losing bf. Bulking on 1-andro I can expect 6-10lbs while maintaining bf. Is this accurate? What are the dosages I should be running? Definitely usings a SERM for PCT but idk if I should use nolva or clomid

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your that low bf at your weight that would mean you could probably step on a bodybuilding stage as a natural in 3-4 weeks so you might have your bf off. When I was boxing years ago at 178 I thought I was 7% by calipers and later found out I was closer to 12-13. Any way, weight gain is subjective to diet and your chances of those gains are way better with 1andro. Osta is better for dieting and maintain muscle.

U

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd run LGD instead and then a proper SERM. Both Ostarine and 1 andro are going to give you very little results.

Run LGD 10-12 weeks and then Nolva/Clomid PCT

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Based on your expressed goals, I would opt for the 1 andro. That said without a test base, you'll feel fairly lethargic in a few weeks. I would toss in either epi-andro or 4 andro to the mix. You can utilize the dosage and schedule below:

Wks 1-8
1 andro - 330 ed
4 andro - 330 ed
or
Epi andro - 500-1000 ed

Have a SERM on hand for PCT. You could certainly explore other options but this would make for solid gains for a first cycle when combined with proper training and nutrition. Enjoy!

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
If this is your absolute very first dabble with hormones... I would advise against using 1-andro as your first PH.

P

pidabread

Awards
If your that low bf at your weight that would mean you could probably step on a bodybuilding stage as a natural in 3-4 weeks so you might have your bf off. When I was boxing years ago at 178 I thought I was 7% by calipers and later found out I was closer to 12-13. Any way, weight gain is subjective to diet and your chances of those gains are way better with 1andro. Osta is better for dieting and maintain muscle.
I can't really see myself being above 8% bf. In high school I ran long distance track and have always had visual abs and my bf/physique hasn't dramitcally changed other than adding lean muscle

P

pidabread

Awards
If this is your absolute very first dabble with hormones... I would advise against using 1-andro as your first PH.
Do you recommend something else? Also, why? are you advising against 1-andro based on the lethargy

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
One andro is probably the weakest prohormone there is outside of the test Base phs 4andro and epi Andro. It's a excellent first cycle as long as you run some 4 and or epi with it. A even better choice would be epistane and 4andro for minimal sides and bigger gains

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would go with 1 andro over osta but I would stack the 1 andro with 4 andro for sure.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Do you recommend something else? Also, why? are you advising against 1-andro based on the lethargy
1-Andro is a weak ph as smont states, but due to the lack of conversion to DHT and estrogen, yes you will have lethargy. This is why everyone is recommending adding a "test" base such as 4-andro or epiandro. Although adding another compound, such as 4-Andro, could saturate the enzymes that are required to produce the desired 1-test.

There is nothing wrong doing a cycle with 1-Andro, but it is highly recommended to be run with 4-andro to combat those sides. I love that there is actually a human study on it, compared to most of these prohormones and preprohormones

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24381122/

For first timers, I'd prefer starting something that you can take solo so you can judge on how your body responds to androgens, but with big brother constantly looking to ban these... it is getting more difficult to obtain. More of a crawl before you walk scenario. I'm sure you can find them if you look hard enough. Then again this is MY .02

P

pidabread

Awards
Should I also be considering epiandro? A friend of mine recommended it over osta and 1-andro

C

Chasingtails

Awards
Should I also be considering epiandro? A friend of mine recommended it over osta and 1-andro
Epiandro is discussed in several of the comments above based on its function as a good base to use while cutting or on a lean bulk. It converts to DHT, which is an estrogen antagonist, so the gains you make when stacked with 1 andro tend to stay dry. That said, I wouldn't say it's "better" than either 1 andro or osta because it's completely different. Epiandro alone will not give you the gains of the other compounds

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Out of the two, I would choose 1-andro. For me osta is more of anti catabolic than anabolic

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Anabolics 12
Jmassardo Supplement Logs 14
Giovannuzzo Cycle Logs 27
H Anabolics 1
K Cycle Logs 18