Votes: 1,150 96.4%
  • Definitely no!!

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • dunno...

Votes: 28 2.3%

• Total voters

baham99

Awards
Once and for all, I just want to find out if certain things are preferences from board to board, state to state, gym to gym, or if there is a right way, and a wrong way. Differences in style, or differences in intelligience:

1. Pyramid up on D-bol dose to ease into it??

2. Separating enanthate and deca injections because they "overload" the androgenic receptors if taken together??

3. Site injections for winny more effective for that muscle??

4. Overwork every muscle while on a cycle - virtually impossible to overtrain??

5. Arnold juiced??

To me, these are all fiction...any truth in them?

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm not the most knowledgable in the AAS realm so I leave that to others but I do know Arnie admitted to using AAS's during his BB career.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why? I've never heard this.

2. Separating enanthate and deca injections because they "overload" the androgenic receptors if taken together??
I assume you mean test enanthate by this? This is almost definitely false. Since they are both esterfied, they will release in a slow steady stream and would never "overload" the receptor. This might possibly happen if the compound was unesterfied.

You can always overtrain. You can definintely train more often when using gear since you'll have a faster recovery though.

For the winstrol site injections, I don't think its specific to Winstrol, but its supposed to be due to the swelling of the muscle, which is probable, but probably wouldn't last very long. There are several schools of thought on that though, but I really couldn't say for sure.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
All of them are false.. except number 5

wardog

Awards
  • Established
YJ is right on all of them. In reguards to site injecting, the only possible explination that is considered really is facia stretching..similar to synthol injections.

As far as Arnold..he admitted he did steroids..but according to him, only when cutting.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
only when cutting, seriously?... not bulking?... as I'm sure most people know this was a time when he (among others) actually worked to gain up to 25 lbs when in precontest mode instead of dieting down from what I understand (the ones that still do this amaze me for some reason... gaining that much muscle and staying so lean). though in those days there weren't such wild fluctuations (50-60 lbs off/on season)regardless...

Crankin'steiN

Awards
Arnold ate a bowl of D-bol for breakfast!

The rest are false.

Bone

Awards
Originally posted by wardog
YJ is right on all of them.

YJ??? I think you mean pogue bro ;) YJ isnt around anymore :p

Peace

Bone

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Bone

YJ??? I think you mean pogue bro ;) YJ isnt around anymore :p

Peace

Bone
it's the avatar bro ;)

and BTW who would question if Arnold juiced? Answer is yes.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
lol well, at least nobody voted "no" yet...

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
i heard after watching clinton he changed the story to "i stuck myself but didn't inject anything"

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
here's another fact or fiction which i'm sure is false; but there's someone i know that throws a tantrem about it saying its true

he says that normal anabolic steroids like test, deca, fina, winstrol, etc actually create new muscle not just build existing

which i told him only GH, IGF-1, and Insulin can do that

Judo Tom

Awards

if you are subject to sides this is a good idea.. if it is your first run with dbol it is a good idea.. since it acts and clears quick you wont waste much time and it is safer but not necessary if you know the dosage you are taking, same pills/same source and know how your body reacts..

best to mix and shoot half deca half test 2x weekly

only cause the oil is in the muscle for a bit..

worst idea ever some people make there best gains training less than 2x a week you have to find out what works best for you although you can try increasing sets and increasing # of workouts as well as the length of the workout.. but you have to find what works for you

5. Arnold juiced??

only orange juice

LamontS1

Awards
I remember hearing that people were in awe over the amount of D-bol Arnold would take. Someone in this thread mentioned that Arnold would bulk up not too long before a contest, which is what I've always heard and read as well (in off-season he would look pretty small, probably not much over 200-210lbs).
Having said that, how would people think it possible that someone could gain 30-40 lbs of lean muscle in a matter of 3 months or so without steroids?

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
And why would you do that ? It will take longer for an amount to build up at the receptor site, thus slower initiation of protein synthesis and longer to see gains. As opposed to what benefit ? This is complete nonsense.

Overload ? What ? Are you afraid you might grow too much ? First of all, with test there isn't even a problem. A 10-fold increase over basline levels increases androgen receptor uptake to 68%. Increasing it another 10 times only elevates it to 76%. Whatever the mechanism (I have my theory) test doesn't succeed in saturating receptors and there will be next to no benefit to be had from a dose of 10g a week compared to a dose of 1g a week. So once you hit the 1g mark, your best bet is to add a steroid that is less succeptible to binding proteins and has a higher affinity for the AR, such as tren.

Too weak a steroid to tell. Never noticed any benefit in people who tried it. Seen some growth with testosus in smaller muscles, don't think it would work in larger muscles since you can't spread it out enough without it ending up in the blood. My contention is that site injection is bullshit.

Uh no, but be my guest. :)

5. Arnold juiced??
He admitted to it, why lie about that ?

I'd pretty much agree with you.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
are you referring to Arnold from "Different Strokes"?

in that case, there is much debate

if it is the now Governor of Cali, then I thought that had been cleared up for a while...

h19

gobig1

Awards
Arnold and Franco used to be training partners for years, they both admitted to living on Deca and DBol for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner for most of their early years.

The only other one that may hold any truth is #4. Only in regards to the fact that recovery time is definitely shortened when juicing, "overtraining" is NEVER good. Know your body, each is different and will react different to exogenous introduction of hormones.

CrazyNut

Awards
Arnold and Franco used to be training partners for years, they both admitted to living on Deca and DBol for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner for most of their early years.

The only other one that may hold any truth is #4. Only in regards to the fact that recovery time is definitely shortened when juicing, "overtraining" is NEVER good. Know your body, each is different and will react different to exogenous introduction of hormones.
you know what i always funny, arnold took enormous amounts of gear, so much deca and dbol, yet he is still able to have kids etc.
I mean, there is no way they knew as much about PCT etc back in the 70's yet he seems to have recovered fine. Now there is so much scare using deca due its shut down of HPTA.
Maybe it has something to do with the dosages etc. ? Not sure

I am willing to bet though that by the time Coleman gets done competitive BBing, there is no way he can have normal HPTA function.

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
actually arnie was pretty keen on primo and dbol, I don't know where this deca thing came from.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
actually arnie was pretty keen on primo and dbol, I don't know where this deca thing came from.
That would explain the lack of a need for any real PCT. I believe he also used his dbol only at breakfast?? Not sure but I thought I had read that somewhere. If that's the case then the combination of primo and once-a-day dbol would mean, possibly, his HPTA would not be drastically affected. And hence, he can still maintain excellent condition to this day.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
BTW, good to see you over here Big Cat. Every one step back, da Cat is in da house. :D

BIGGEM

Awards
From what I have read Winstrol would be good for site injections because it lacks an ester. The ester is what slows the absorbtion. This means the muscle being injected to would have greater absorbtion thus facilitating more localized growth. Test suspension is another one that would work.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just take the winny orally. It is cheaper that way anyways.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
here's another fact or fiction which i'm sure is false; but there's someone i know that throws a tantrem about it saying its true

he says that normal anabolic steroids like test, deca, fina, winstrol, etc actually create new muscle not just build existing

which i told him only GH, IGF-1, and Insulin can do that
Not sure but I thought that fina can to a certain exstent in that it causes a incress in the bodies IGF-1. Cant remember were I got that however. (on a thread discussing cancer I think.)

CREEPER

Awards
Once and for all, I just want to find out if certain things are preferences from board to board, state to state, gym to gym, or if there is a right way, and a wrong way. Differences in style, or differences in intelligience:

5. Arnold juiced??

do you know anything about 1 ad? and if so would you advise someone take it for cutting up and building fast muscle.

RVEXLER

Awards
I think it was Dan Duchaine. His "famous" comment, oft repeated, was "if you can't grow on Deca and Dbol, you can't grow on anything!" Goes to show (as Voltaire said) that "a witty saying proves nothing"

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From what I have read Winstrol would be good for site injections because it lacks an ester. The ester is what slows the absorbtion. This means the muscle being injected to would have greater absorbtion thus facilitating more localized growth. Test suspension is another one that would work.
Thats one of the theories I heard. Another was prop because it caused the most swelling and therfore the most stretching.

SyntholMan

Banned
Awards
No, you're totally right, His chest was 57 inches his arms were 22" oh yeah and he benched pressed 550 , oh yeah and they didn't have all the advanced protein powders and stuff to help him out back then, let's see, he must have done it all with hard training and proper rest! HAHAHA

coofoostu

Awards
Does any documentation exist on how bodybuilders of the seventies used steroids? I remember reading an article that said arnold admitted to using steroids when he came to america at age 20 but other bodybuilers said he told them he had been on dbol for years. I really would like to know how none of them had gyno.

Edit- just found the article:

http://www.sportsbusinessnews.com/index.asp?story_id=29970

"Schwarzenegger said he began taking steroids when he arrived in the U.S. at age 20 because "all you want to do is be a champion and you take what anyone else is taking."

"They say Schwarzenegger told them that he began taking Dianabol, a popular steroid, at the age of 17 in Germany and routinely injected other testosterone-like substances after arriving in America in 1968."

Last edited:

GrimReaper

Awards
Arnie used d-bol and primo (think it was the primo tabs)

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
He even admits using D-Bol in the Pumping Iron interview.

mulletman

Awards
do I get a free prize for answering them correctly??

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Awards
2 Things:

1. Winny DOES have some site-specific growth properties since it is unesterfied. Therefore, the steroid is able to act upon the muscle fiber directly--unlike an esterfied steroid which begins to disperse into the blood long before it reaches it's half-life. Shorter acting esters such as acetate and prop may have a similar effect, but winny is by far the most pronounced. This is real growth I'm referring to and not just fascia stretcing caused by site injecting synthol, esterfied gear, etc.

2. Anyone who thinks Arnold didn't gear up during his BB career is only kidding themselves. These are probably the same people who try "Lee Preist's arm blaster workout" etc in musclemag/ flex etc, and wonder why they don't attain the same results he's gotten! EVERY PRO juices...period.

whiteknight

Awards
yeah Arnie ate D-Bol like the rest of us eat protein,every meal.But what about the rumour going around in the 80's that he had calf implants??????Anyone?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
yeah Arnie ate D-Bol like the rest of us eat protein,every meal.But what about the rumour going around in the 80's that he had calf implants??????Anyone?
I doubt that rumor. He doesn't recommned people wear lifting straps b/c they don't allow for proper grips strength, etc. So in my mind, if he wouldn't go as far as wrist straps to make better gains so hands won't give out, why would he cheat and go with calf implants?

Are there any before and after pictures we can refer to and kinda look into the matter a little further??? Maybe my theory is wrong, so I'd be curious...

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I have to chime in on site injecting. Never used winny for it, but other no ester compounds that I have used have worked. And i know its not just from the oil stretching because 1 ml won't stretch the muscle that much . I actually had to stop using my delts for a while because my side delts were just getting ridiculus. I didn't start doing it for the purpose of site injections, i did it just to have another injection site. I just started a couple of weeks ago using my tris and have noticed a dramatic improvement. This is hitting them with 1 ml (1/2 fina, 1/2 test no ester) about once every eight days. i know the science behind it is debateable, but my personal experience is that it works.

As far as the Arnold calf implant thing, I would seriously doubt it. At the time when he would have supposedly gotten them, I THINK they were still using silicon for implants and everyone was having problems with them, and that's even assuming they would have developed a calf implant by then. And even by todays standards the procedure is pretty harsh so I doubt none of his buddy's or someone wouldn't have noticed if he did.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you know what i always funny, arnold took enormous amounts of gear, so much deca and dbol, yet he is still able to have kids etc.
I mean, there is no way they knew as much about PCT etc back in the 70's yet he seems to have recovered fine. Now there is so much scare using deca due its shut down of HPTA.
Maybe it has something to do with the dosages etc. ? Not sure

I am willing to bet though that by the time Coleman gets done competitive BBing, there is no way he can have normal HPTA function.
you have to remember arnold learned his "gear" over in germany. The Germans invented steroids and i would think have more knowledge then us.

coofoostu

Awards
actually he mentions in his autobiography that one of the reasons he wanted to go to America was because he believed they had secret knowledge of steroid use.

Talon

Awards
Arnie didn't have calf implants, or if he did he had the best most natural ones the world has seen before or since. What he did was start training leg days with the bottoms of his training sweats ripped off after coming back from South Africa training with Reggie so he'd always know that his calves were the worst part of his body, or so the story goes.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah arnold advised go heavy on calves ,he was doing 500-600 lbs on leg raises.Reg Park advised him to do 1,000 lbs calve raises.

alot of the people that trained at reg parks gym had big calves.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
1. I hate Dbol so I dont care. I would lean towards false though.
2. False.
3. False.
4. On cycle I punish my muscles. I am usually recovered in 2 days tops.
5. Arnold was definetly a juicer. Dbol and Parabolin I think.

sonicbum

Awards
arnold juiced?!?!?!?!?!? wtf???? i supose your gonna try to tell me ronnie coleman juices too........

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
arnold juiced?!?!?!?!?!? wtf???? i supose your gonna try to tell me ronnie coleman juices too........
Now way!! RC's a cop (or was)! His job is to uphold the law :D He, he, he...