Ostarine and Finasteride

dirtygainz

Awards
Anyone have experience with this combination? I have read that people shed more hair when ostarine was used with finasteride. Also have read that ostarine could actually help grow hair as well...

I am genetically disposed to MPB.

Thanks!

JCX

JCX

Awards
finasteride will stop (most) of the conversion of test to DHT via 5-AR enzyme. I don't think ostarine will be causing a huge surge of test to warrant using fina on the cycle. If you want to jump on fina for long term hair maintenance that's a different story. It takes 3-6months to see improvement in hair, and will work well for maintaining and thickening up what you have. Will not regrow in already receded areas. Also fina is useless to DHT derivative compounds like Winstrol, Masteron etc. Doubt any hair benefit will be seen on osta either..

For on cycle hair protection I use ru-58841 (research chem topical anti androgen) or 5% topical Spironolactone cream (S5). These drugs occupy the androgen receptor within the scalp blocking the excess DHT in your system from reaching it. However, for mpb sufferers, when adding extra androgen hormones the hair is always some what at risk.

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
finasteride will stop (most) of the conversion of test to DHT via 5-AR enzyme. I don't think ostarine will be causing a huge surge of test to warrant using fina on the cycle. If you want to jump on fina for long term hair maintenance that's a different story. It takes 3-6months to see improvement in hair, and will work well for maintaining and thickening up what you have. Will not regrow in already receded areas. Also fina is useless to DHT derivative compounds like Winstrol, Masteron etc. Doubt any hair benefit will be seen on osta either..

For on cycle hair protection I use ru-58841 (research chem topical anti androgen) or 5% topical Spironolactone cream (S5). These drugs occupy the androgen receptor within the scalp blocking the excess DHT in your system from reaching it. However, for mpb sufferers, when adding extra androgen hormones the hair is always some what at risk.
How do you like the ru-58841? Notice any regrowth?

JCX

JCX

Awards
How do you like the ru-58841? Notice any regrowth?
I have used RU for about 7 years and have maintained my hair quite well. It did not regrow hair but has maintained and thickened up what I have (which is honestly all I was hoping for) I have been a NW2 since 19. I have taken breaks from it also to assess the effectiveness, and after 3-4 weeks I get that mpb itch/scalp sensation back. Maintenance is the goal for me.

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have used RU for about 7 years and have maintained my hair quite well. It did not regrow hair but has maintained and thickened up what I have (which is honestly all I was hoping for) I have been a NW2 since 19. I have taken breaks from it also to assess the effectiveness, and after 3-4 weeks I get that mpb itch/scalp sensation back. Maintenance is the goal for me.
Yeah me too. Been using finasteride and minoxidil foam and regenapure. Looking for something else to add to the mix to protect me when running some anabolics this summer.

dirtygainz

Awards
do you have any experience with ostarine? Im trying to find the best anabolic for my hair and thought that would be the best decision. Thats amazing that you have maintained a norwood 2 since 19. Im a norwood 1 and also have been shedding since around 18-19. Probably going to hold off on finasteride until absolutely necessary

JCX

JCX

Awards
do you have any experience with ostarine? Im trying to find the best anabolic for my hair and thought that would be the best decision. Thats amazing that you have maintained a norwood 2 since 19. Im a norwood 1 and also have been shedding since around 18-19. Probably going to hold off on finasteride until absolutely necessary
I did run Osta twice. One time solo 6 weeks 25mg research chem liquid version. No sides or additional shedding noticed. Somet size, good pumps and vascularity were present. Second time was OL osta @ 20mgs stacked with dermacrine and 11KT. Noticed a bit more shedding in that run towards the end. I think you will find osta a good compromise in terms of gains vs. sides.

Also, any on cycle shedding is not necessarily permanent loss! Even though i noticed some additional shedding, once off androgens I resume my hairloss regimen diligently and was back thickened in Cpl months. I am susceptible MPB and only use mild hormones for 8 weeks per year usually for a summer cut.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone have experience with this combination? I have read that people shed more hair when ostarine was used with finasteride. Also have read that ostarine could actually help grow hair as well...

I am genetically disposed to MPB.

Thanks!
How in the world could using finasteride on Ostarine cause more shedding than normal? How in the world could ostarine grow hair?

Seriously man stop reading broscience. If anything Ostarine could potentially cause more shedding due to the fact that it makes the receptors more sensitive to hormones. Its only supposed to be the receptors in the bones and muscles and not the skin follicles in the head. There hasnt been many reports of hair shedding on Ostarine other than a few who honestly were probably taking prohormones and not real ostarine.

I use finasteride and I have used LGD and Ostarine. No additional shedding at all

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
How in the world could using finasteride on Ostarine cause more shedding than normal? How in the world could ostarine grow hair?

Seriously man stop reading broscience. If anything Ostarine could potentially cause more shedding due to the fact that it makes the receptors more sensitive to hormones. Its only supposed to be the receptors in the bones and muscles and not the skin follicles in the head. There hasnt been many reports of hair shedding on Ostarine other than a few who honestly were probably taking prohormones and not real ostarine.

I use finasteride and I have used LGD and Ostarine. No additional shedding at all
"Seriously man stop reading broscience....ostarine makes receptors more sensitive to hormones" Bro...you crack me up!

Can you provide any links to prove that ostarine makes receptors more sensitive? Or was that just broscience? :rofl:

Ostarine actually reduces levels of SHBG proven by many bloodworks (Im at work, otherwise id go look for them). Whats I believe is happening here is that ostarine is reducing SHBG which means that more hormones are able to circulate freely in your bloodstream. Guess which hormones bind to SHBG very well...DHT and Estrogen. Ostarine is probably freeing up more DHT so that it can bind to the receptors in your scalp and accelerate hair shedding. This will be more pronounced if you are already shedding hair and have naturally high levels of SHBG.

This also explains why people experience gyno or rebound rebound from using ostarine. When you start taking it more estrogen is freed to bind to receptors in your chesticles. This effect is probably gonna go down as your test production is suppressed. However, when your testosterone production is resumed, the reduced levels of SHBG make it so that more is able to bind to your chesticles again and cause rebound gyno.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Seriously man stop reading broscience....ostarine makes receptors more sensitive to hormones" Bro...you crack me up!

Can you provide any links to prove that ostarine makes receptors more sensitive? Or was that just broscience? :rofl:

Ostarine actually reduces levels of SHBG proven by many bloodworks (Im at work, otherwise id go look for them). Whats I believe is happening here is that ostarine is reducing SHBG which means that more hormones are able to circulate freely in your bloodstream. Guess which hormones bind to SHBG very well...DHT and Estrogen. Ostarine is probably freeing up more DHT so that it can bind to the receptors in your scalp and accelerate hair shedding. This will be more pronounced if you are already shedding hair and have naturally high levels of SHBG.

This also explains why people experience gyno or rebound rebound from using ostarine. When you start taking it more estrogen is freed to bind to receptors in your chesticles. This effect is probably gonna go down as your test production is suppressed. However, when your testosterone production is resumed, the reduced levels of SHBG make it so that more is able to bind to your chesticles again and cause rebound gyno.
My point was adding finasteride would help the shedding and Ostarine would not help grow hair. And yes sensitivity to androgens. There are anecdotal reports of hair growth because many sarms are competetive agonists of dihydrotestosterone in certain tissue, prostate shrinkage etc. GTX's patent actually covers prostate shrinkage. But again, in follicles of skin? Maybe, maybe not. I stand by my original statement that its not going to effect hair.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
My point was adding finasteride would help the shedding and Ostarine would not help grow hair. And yes sensitivity to androgens. There are anecdotal reports of hair growth because many sarms are competetive agonists of dihydrotestosterone in certain tissue, prostate shrinkage etc. GTX's patent actually covers prostate shrinkage. But again, in follicles of skin? Maybe, maybe not. I stand by my original statement that its not going to effect hair.
Dawg show me a single report of ostarine growing hair. There is an entire thread that was popping recently where this guy was shedding hair (you commented on that thread aswell but essentially dismissed everyones evidence as "you must have taken something else"...real diligent) everyone commenting there said that it either caused them to shed hair or not, NO ONE SAID **** ABOUT GROWING HAIR.

Hair loss is genetic, yes. People without the predispositon wont be affected by ostarine (myself included) but those who are will inevitably experience accelerated hair loss from increased unbound androgens (particularly DHT) causing their predisposition to flare up.

You can choose to "stand by your original statement" but unless you provide something concrete with some sort of mechanism behind it that makes any sense (PLEASE LINK THAT INCREASED RECEPTOR. SENSITIVITY TO ANDROGENS), you have no business giving advice, all you are doing is saying, YEAP THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT, YOU CAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT....thats not how you give advice

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Selective androgen receptor modulator and the term sensitivity are not synonymous? Receptors are not more sensitive or binding to androgens? Its called dumbing it down.

Splitting the shedding hairs. From someone sensitive to hair loss I've never had a problem but I also don't buy sarms from XYZ Corp in a basement out of Brooklyn.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Selective androgen receptor modulator and the term sensitivity are not synonymous? Receptors are not more sensitive or binding to androgens? Its called dumbing it down.

Splitting the shedding hairs. From someone sensitive to hair loss I've never had a problem but I also don't buy sarms from XYZ Corp in a basement out of Brooklyn.
WOOOOOW your level of ignorance just skyrocketed. Selective androgen receptor modulator = Androgen which binds to some subtypes of receptors more than others. NOT making receptors more sensitive.

What you are doing is not called dumbing down, its called being dumb. Go get educated instead of spewing garbage "XYZ Corp in a basement out of brooklyn" GTFO with your condescending tone, where do you think most of the steroids that people use in these forums come from?

dirtygainz

Awards
yeah i have fairly aggressive MPB, and i just wanted insight whether i should start my finasteride regimen and then jump into ostarine, or try ostarine by itself and only add fin if i see additional shedding. As there are people who are predisposed and have not seen additional shedding, even without fin

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
WOOOOOW your level of ignorance just skyrocketed. Selective androgen receptor modulator = Androgen which binds to some subtypes of receptors more than others. NOT making receptors more sensitive.

What you are doing is not called dumbing down, its called being dumb. Go get educated instead of spewing garbage "XYZ Corp in a basement out of brooklyn" GTFO with your condescending tone, where do you think most of the steroids that people use in these forums come from?
The androgens don't change. The receptors do. Wow is right. Go over to some other boards aND ask the question and the majority of people will say it will not affect hairline. We can argue all day but let the op get some answer so he can make a decision.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean by the androgens dont change, the receptors do? I have a serious problem with how you understand the mechanisms through which androgens exert their effects. Have u taken any biochemistry courses?