4 weeks, enough?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I finished an all out bulk a few weeks ago. I'm 4 weeks POST PCT. I gained 2% bf on that bulk. Now obviously I can't get into another cycle yet, minimum 6 weeks left. Can I however start a natural cut now? Will I lose gains? Obviously cutting naturally I will lose muscle, but is 4 weeks post PCT too soon or am I good to start a cut?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man youve got years of lifting and cut-bulk periods ahead of you...just cut and do whatever when it suits your schedule. People stress over this like its a black/white scenario and fail to see the bigger picture. And they get scared to experiment.

If your test and whatnot is within normal ranges you are not going to regress beyond where you started, unless you do dumb sh1t like not train and eat appropriately. Which you wont do.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Of course. Just weighing out the options here

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, theres always gonna be "ideals". But, we havent always got the time, patience or enthusiasm to cater to them. Just get on with sh1t I reckon, without being dumb about it.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
For me, from personal experience it depends if you've gained muscle or not. IF you've gained a substantial amount of muscle and you want to keep that muscle on your frame, I would continue eating maintenance for a few months and training hard to try to make those gains permanent and much easier to maintain.

hanslifts

Awards
For me, from personal experience it depends if you've gained muscle or not. IF you've gained a substantial amount of muscle and you want to keep that muscle on your frame, I would continue eating maintenance for a few months and training hard to try to make those gains permanent and much easier to maintain.
I agree with this statement 100%. Why not let things settle, let the body stabilize. Make no mistake, PCT helps your body stabilize, but get off the PCT drugs completely then just train for a while and get your body completely back to homeostasis. Going from all out bulks to cuts and vice versa just strains your body and stresses you out.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Strong paranoia and scaremongering.

I mean, you gotta do whatever helps you sleep at night but are we really buying into the idea that muscle is that fickle and tenuous?

As long as you dont jump suddenly into a 1000kcal deficit, you wont lose any more muscle now than you would waiting another 4, 8, 12, or 85898 weeks. And, whilst MrParanoid is waiting out biding his time for his gainz to "become more permanent" (lol, muscle isnt concrete), youve already completed a mini cut and are reaping the rebound growth benefits of having transitioned back to a bulk.

If he is currently in a bulk or kcal surplus, cutting calories, reasonably, wont suddenly put him in a deficit. He'll move gradually from a bulk, to less of a bulk, to maintanence, to deficit. Over weeks.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was below maintainence cals my last two pct's and lived to tell the tale. Just don't go full potato with the deficit.

Reactions: Nac

hanslifts

Awards
Strong paranoia and scaremongering.

I mean, you gotta do whatever helps you sleep at night but are we really buying into the idea that muscle is that fickle and tenuous?

As long as you dont jump suddenly into a 1000kcal deficit, you wont lose any more muscle now than you would waiting another 4, 8, 12, or 85898 weeks. And, whilst MrParanoid is waiting out biding his time for his gainz to "become more permanent" (lol, muscle isnt concrete), youve already completed a mini cut and are reaping the rebound growth benefits of having transitioned back to a bulk.

If he is currently in a bulk or kcal surplus, cutting calories, reasonably, wont suddenly put him in a deficit. He'll move gradually from a bulk, to less of a bulk, to maintanence, to deficit. Over weeks.
No paranoia or scaremongering here. Just tossing recommendations that are very relevant for some of us.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
Cool. So how are your recommendations relevant to some but not others?
If you want to re-read we actually suggested to eat at maintenance to solidify gains from the cycle. And yes I will stand by the statement.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you want to re-read we actually suggested to eat at maintenance to solidify gains from the cycle. And yes I will stand by the statement.
The point he's trying to make is this whole notion of "solidifying" gains is over blown. Regardless what you do, when returning to homeostasis you are going to loose the superficial levels of water and glycogen. This really isn't the case with newly formed muscle fibers.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP is 4 weeks post-PCT. Is another 4 or 8 or whatever weeks really going to make a significant difference in the grand scheme of things? Like, if he wants to start dropping kcals now in a reasonable fashion as has been suggested, why not?

As far as I can tell, this notion of "solidifying gains" is largely bollocks if you are reasonable in your approach to transitioning. It sounds intuitively appealing, for sure, and if it makes you feel better then awesome. But I dont think youre necessarily coming out ahead of the guy who doesnt buy into it.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
OP is 4 weeks post-PCT. Is another 4 or 8 or whatever weeks really going to make a significant difference in the grand scheme of things? Like, if he wants to start dropping kcals now in a reasonable fashion as has been suggested, why not?

As far as I can tell, this notion of "solidifying gains" is largely bollocks if you are reasonable in your approach to transitioning. It sounds intuitively appealing, for sure, and if it makes you feel better then awesome. But I dont think youre necessarily coming out ahead of the guy who doesnt buy into it.
Ok your right, Stan Efferding doesn't know ****.

Don't mind me OP, I'll just be over here spreading paranoia and scaremongering....

hanslifts

Awards

Don't mind me OP, I'll just be over here spreading paranoia and scaremongering....
Thanks for that, bro. 1) I feel like NAC thinks we are morons or something. And 2) Stan is the ****! I love his posts on Instagram!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Grab a few bottles of reduce xt an R-spray from prototype nutrition, and recomp.

I'd recommend ur-spray as it's great for cutting/recomping/pct but it's oos sadly.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Oh, wait, Stan recommends this??! Oh well fuk, why didnt you appeal to authority earlier then?! Case closed!!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for that, bro. 1) I feel like NAC thinks we are morons or something. And 2) Stan is the ****! I love his posts on Instagram!
Its the interwebz, erryones a moron til proven otherwise.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know muscle isn't fragile and won't fall off. Just getting some input. On a side note, itching to try Test suspension:lol: brofessorx I like it. Recomp is another option.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also just saw pump spray has it ursolic acid in it, so if you're gonna cut, def pick some up from ergopharm.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yourself included.
Well see theres the conundrum, hans. A moron would think the rule did not apply to himself...but if I acknowledge it does apply to me, Im not a moron.

Well, at least not totally.

hanslifts

Awards
Well see theres the conundrum, hans. A moron would think the rule did not apply to himself...but if I acknowledge it does apply to me, Im not a moron.

Well, at least not totally.
Haha! Ok, now we're dancing round and round, fisticuffs and all. I am more than willing to admit that my initial statement and theory is wrong, at least for some people, if not probably most people. However, I know my body and how it reacts, and changing calories and macros quickly doesn't always pan out well for me.

But are you willing to admit the same, that made your solution is not a one size fits all? Cheers!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Okay so I finished an all out bulk a few weeks ago. I'm 4 weeks POST PCT. I gained 2% bf on that bulk. Now obviously I can't get into another cycle yet, minimum 6 weeks left. Can I however start a natural cut now? Will I lose gains? Obviously cutting naturally I will lose muscle, but is 4 weeks post PCT too soon or am I good to start a cut?
I would personally not change my diet at all. I would push harder in the gym and keep the food in place as your chief anabolic. If your really pressed maybe drop your carbs out, but keep your protein and fats at the same caloric expenditure as on cycle. Add some low intensity cardio in if you want to burn some extra cals, but I wouldn't drop my food man.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But are you willing to admit the same, that made your solution is not a one size fits all? Cheers!
Of course. My motivation here has been a reaction against the cookie-cutter dogma, "on-cycle gainz need to be made more permanent over time!!1" which to me seems more a psychological need than a physiological truth.

But fuk, my own protocol is to drop to maintanence kcals (and not a deficit) for a period following a bulk...but for me it aint got jack to do with "making gainz more permanent".

hanslifts

Awards
Of course. My motivation here has been a reaction against the cookie-cutter dogma, "on-cycle gainz need to be made more permanent over time!!1" which to me seems more a psychological need than a physiological truth.

But fuk, my own protocol is to drop to maintanence kcals (and not a deficit) for a period following a bulk...but for me it aint got jack to do with "making gainz more permanent".
Thanks!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
My threads always start fights :lol:

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fit chicks be like:
IMG_0244.JPG

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My threads always start fights :lol:
Lol. Listen bro just keep your protein high and take in enough of your other macros to keep your training as intense as it was before. If that means the same cals, then so be it, or if that means you can cut the cals down then even better. But one very big variable has changed, which is the change in your hormones, so throwing in another change of a very big and possibly the most important variable, diet, you will be seeing alot of flucuation. If your training takes a dip, then that's three major changes. 4-8 weeks with these changes can definitely result in muscle loss. Just stay consistent and keep Killin it

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, basically just lowered carbs. The way I see it is I'll do another cycle end of the year, so whatever happens happens.