Test CYP only cycle and rising RBC

rlukas79

Awards
I'm currently in week 3 of 12 on my 500mg Test Cap cycle. Prior to this was on TRT, androgel....yeah i know. Anyway in two months of using the gel my HB went from 15.8 to 18.3 and hematocrit went from 46% to 51%. Before starting test, i decided to donate blood, 2 donations to be exact. a week apart from each other. When i went for my second donation my HB was 17.1. So I'm assuming I should have been around 15.8 after the last donation. That is when I started my cycle.

On average how fast can hb and hematocrit rise? I'm not eligible to donate again until 6/20. I ended dup buying a hemoglobin monitor, just like a glucose monitor, take blood from a finger prick and spits out a reading. except it's all over the place from 16.3 to 18.5. So There is no way i'd trust it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There was no need to give blood, you were still in the normal range and that slight flux might not have had anything to do with the test

rlukas79

Awards
thanks for the reply. I'll just do every 8 weeks.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
you can monitor your BP, as well. if your RBC is too high, your BP will show it...

rlukas79

Awards
I'm on Lisinopril 2 x day so I'm ways around 110/70-80.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
if you are only doing one cycle, i wouldn't worry about your HCT levels so much or you HG. It should all return to normal once cyle is over. Most people don't realize that an increase in HCT and HG due to testosterone is very different than an increase due to other causes. Polycythemia vera and Polycythemia erythrocytosis are two different things; you have the latter. Also, you are in an acceptable range, albeit on top, for HCT. There are people living in high elevations with HCT in the 60 range and their health and stroke levels are no different than anywhere else. Do keep an eye on it, but a lot of doctors wouldn't advise blood donation for one cycle and level at 51%. I am at 52.6% and neither my endocrinologist nor my primary is too worried.

With that said, i am not a doctor and am going off what another doctors in Excelmale are saying.

rlukas79

Awards
unfortunately, there are some Endocrinologist that have this stigma with Testosterone and the minute they can yank you of it, they do. That's what happened to me. My testosterone level was 245. 100 points below the low range at lap corp. That was with 40mg a day with androgel. I got 0 benefit from it, except my HB and hematocrit went up to 18.1 and 51% respectively. He stopped my TRT, had me go to a hematologist who said that it's just the the by product of testosterone use and that she wouldn't order any phlebotomy unless i was at 56 or higher. I went back to my endocrinologist who said it would be against his better judgement to have me continue on it, regardless if I get blood draws or not. I literally said so I should live the ****ty benefits of low Testosterone etc. His answer was, Low T doesn't kill...I laughed. I said just worry about my thyroid from here on out (I'm hypo but TSH is now down to the 1.5 range.

I know I can go through places like Defy medical etc, but honestly it's much cheaper to get gear. I'm not new to AAS but this is the first cycle I've done in 13 years.

It's a shame that these doctors have this "god complex" when it comes to things like this.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
my endocrinologist gave me the exact answer your hematologist did. He said if it went above 56, then we will revisit it. I still take bloods every 6 months. It should stabilize over time but if it stabilizes above 54 for me, i'm going to take a long hard look at this as i'm on BP pills as well and Hawthorn Berry and those two keep my BP in range.