Female: First cycle on Ostarine and Ligandrol, some open questions

Chimas

Awards
Hey there everyone,
I am a 27yo female and into lifting for 4 years now (before that also sports but cardio only, ond ofc some time of that 4 years were wasted because I just didn't know enough about what I was doing).

Very soon I started focussing on heavier lifts and a different physique than I ever thought I would like to have on myself - I started to go for the muscular look and I can say that I got decently far I guess, with heavy lifts and also a muscular look. However, I feel like I am stuck - not only with my strength but also with the way I look.
Although I'd probably prefer to take Oxandrolone, I was warned about too many fakes out there which might end up in completely different results...

My goals are:
- Making progress again with my main lifts and therefore also muscle gains
- However, not gaining (too much) fat (but I know that this is a "kitchen issue" and I would say, I am in control with that)

After browsing blogs for quite some time, I would like to start my first cycle with Ostarine and Ligandrol for 8 weeks.
Ostarine: 10mg/ed, (maybe going up to 20mg/ed later?)
Ligandrol: 4mg/ed

The following questions did arise for me:
  • It is my first cycle. Is it okay to stack two SARMs or should I start with just one?
  • I have read very different opinions about PCT with SARMS and women. Does anyone have a good advice for me? Is a testo-booster enough?
  • I have also read a lot of very different times, people take a break after, ranging from 4-12 weeks. For women it was mostly 12, so I'd go for 12weeks break after, too?
A very short side note here: Due to a pre-existing condition, i can not have children. I know that this might be something someone without this condition could care about when considering to take Ostarine, so I thought, I'm getting that out of the way instantly.

Thank you, guys :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is no need for a PCT for a female. Just normal support supps. You do not need to restore your HPTA or testosterone levels. Just continue to take whatever supports you were on cycle for about a month after and you should be good to go. As far as taking a break, for a female it is going to have more to do with your blood work. If your bloodwork is all back in normal ranges then you should be good to go.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would've done RAD140 over LGD since you're a female

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just came in here to say that same thing. It's 90:1 AA ratio makes it the best choice for women who want to avoid androgenic side effects.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I skipped right over the LGD reference...
I just came in here to say that same thing. It's 90:1 AA ratio makes it the best choice for women who want to avoid androgenic side effects.
Which is still pretty high on the androgenic effect considering 1:1 is Testosterone. In all honesty if she has legit Osta then 20mgs should be enough all by itself.

Also since it is your first cycle I would recommend picking just one of them preferably the Osta and see how you do. With the LGD you might find that you get some virilization, but probably not too likely. When first starting learning what each PDE does to you is better than using a buckshot effect trying to hit it with multiple things.You wont really know which one gave you the effects otherwise.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't go over 10mg of osta as a female. I have good results at 15mg of osta and wouldn't go to 20mg myself because it's an overkill dose imo

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't go over 10mg of osta as a female. I have good results at 15mg of osta and wouldn't go to 20mg myself because it's an overkill dose imo
I agree with that if the Osta is good. I have had WAY TOO MANY companies that say they are capping @20mg per cap and nothing compared to 20mg from a good research company. It really depends on the company in my opinion. However 10mg of good quality Osta should do a woman nicely. The first RC Osta I got was 25mg per ML and half a ML a day shut me down inside of 2-3 weeks, and I was making gains!!!! I have run some of the other companies stuff on here and ran it as high as 30mg without the same effects.

Chimas

Awards
Wow, thank you for your answers. I can honestly not say, why I didn't consider RAD-140. I guess I will start with Osta only and maybe add in RAD-140 later or in the second cycle.
I haven't really decided on my source of osta yet, actually because I want to make sure it is legit and that I find especially in the internet not easy (oh and I am sitting in EU, so...). I will definitely invest time in that.
Oh one other question that I didn't read about at all so far: Often, girls on PED have exceptional shoulders :heart: Given a good, regular shoulder workout - do SARMs do the same trick or is that an "exclusive feature" of anabolic steroids that you also would consider virilization?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, thank you for your answers. I can honestly not say, why I didn't consider RAD-140. I guess I will start with Osta only and maybe add in RAD-140 later or in the second cycle.
I haven't really decided on my source of osta yet, actually because I want to make sure it is legit and that I find especially in the internet not easy (oh and I am sitting in EU, so...). I will definitely invest time in that.
Oh one other question that I didn't read about at all so far: Often, girls on PED have exceptional shoulders :heart: Given a good, regular shoulder workout - do SARMs do the same trick or is that an "exclusive feature" of anabolic steroids that you also would consider virilization?
No, typically the increased anabolic and androgenic effects carry over from steroids to SARMS, the only things that don't are the virilization on some of them. Just depends on what you are using. However yes you can expect similar positie effects from the SARMS.

Virilization would be any of the possible "manly" characteristics. Included with this could be increased, thicker or darker facial hair growth, increased libido, deepening of the voice, increase in size and sensitivity of the clitoris. Obviously some of these you might want to stay away from and others might have some positive benefits. I had one friend the only thing she noticed was that her voice cracked once or twice when she was talking while on cycle and her clitoris got just a tiny bit bigger which she was actually happy about because she said it made sex better and her libido stayed higher after due to the increased sensitivity. So really just keep an eye out for anything happening that you don't want to experience, and cut the cycle short or lower the dose if so.

Chimas

Awards
Is there any reason to prefer liquid Ostarine over caps? I read about many people doubting that the ostarine in caps is the real deal. However I read quite frequently that people made good experiences with caps of some producers, too. I think it is both the same in regards of stress for the liver but I amnot so sure about absorption - I could imagine liquids work faster/better there. Also, often I see something like 25-30mg/ml and I have no experience with the bottles and pipettes. Will it be still easy to get to let's say 5 or 10mg?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there any reason to prefer liquid Ostarine over caps? I read about many people doubting that the ostarine in caps is the real deal. However I read quite frequently that people made good experiences with caps of some producers, too. I think it is both the same in regards of stress for the liver but I amnot so sure about absorption - I could imagine liquids work faster/better there. Also, often I see something like 25-30mg/ml and I have no experience with the bottles and pipettes. Will it be still easy to get to let's say 5 or 10mg?
In my experience, I have only had really positive experiences with a few companies. One of them is no longer a sponsor on here but Primeval Labs have been some of the best dosed SARM and PH products I have used in a while. However I would really have to run some logs with some of the newer companies to test some of the product. Otherwise if you can find a reputable Research company I really think that would be best. That or watch some logs and see who ismaking good progress on less than 20mg a day. However to be honest the ones that I have had that were not all that great on a mg per mg comparison were just as good when the dose was doubled and often the price on them justifies using that much at a time compared to the ones that seem to be truly effective at a lower dose.

Chimas

Awards
Hey there,
I thought about getting a full blood count before I start my first cycle.
I have found not too much about which values make sense for girls. Some forums state, that a full blood count without any additional values is enough, I thought about the following values in addition:
- liver function (GOT, GPT, Gamma-GT)
- blood fats (Cholesterine, LDL and HDL)
- thyroid values (T3, t4, TSH) only initially for my own information

I plan on repeating the blood test after 6 weeks (so 6 weeks in) and again after 6 (would be 4 weeks off then).
What do you think about these additional values? unneccessary? Are some missing? I was not sure about Testosterone, estrogene and prolactine.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey there,
I thought about getting a full blood count before I start my first cycle.
I have found not too much about which values make sense for girls. Some forums state, that a full blood count without any additional values is enough, I thought about the following values in addition:
- liver function (GOT, GPT, Gamma-GT)
- blood fats (Cholesterine, LDL and HDL)
- thyroid values (T3, t4, TSH) only initially for my own information

I plan on repeating the blood test after 6 weeks (so 6 weeks in) and again after 6 (would be 4 weeks off then).
What do you think about these additional values? unneccessary? Are some missing? I was not sure about Testosterone, estrogene and prolactine.
They look good. I would not worry about testosterone or estrogen levels much less prolactin. You seem to be looking at the important health markers here. I would maybe get fasting blood sugar too while getting info. It will give you an idea of your current insulin sensitivity, which can help you plan your diet accordingly. As far as thryroid if you test it again later expect TSH levels to go up. They tend to do so on any decent anabolic.

Chimas

Awards
Thanks a lot. I talked to a doctor at tuesday - and either he is the coolest guy ever or he has no clue what I am planning to do^^ I guess, talking about "Performance enhancing medication" as a women makes people think of protein powders. However, it was very cooperative when it comes to keeping any doctor appointments around bloot tests as low as possible (normally, before every blood test, I would need to have a seperate doctor appointment and also one after to get the results and both of them need to be paid of course). Financially, I don't care, but because of my job, I am thankful for every appointment I do not have to make.

I am getting my blood tested next friday and plan to start my cycle at 06/09. I'm not getting testosterone, prolactine and estrogen checked, but everything I wrote above plus some kidney parameters.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a lot. I talked to a doctor at tuesday - and either he is the coolest guy ever or he has no clue what I am planning to do^^ I guess, talking about "Performance enhancing medication" as a women makes people think of protein powders. However, it was very cooperative when it comes to keeping any doctor appointments around bloot tests as low as possible (normally, before every blood test, I would need to have a seperate doctor appointment and also one after to get the results and both of them need to be paid of course). Financially, I don't care, but because of my job, I am thankful for every appointment I do not have to make.

I am getting my blood tested next friday and plan to start my cycle at 06/09. I'm not getting testosterone, prolactine and estrogen checked, but everything I wrote above plus some kidney parameters.
Good plan!

Chimas

Awards
A short update:
I am 10 days in Ostarine by OL, 10mg in the morning.
At day 6, my weight jumped up 3kg, which is - I am quite sure of that - not Ostarine related. Basically, it is my time of the month and 3kg from one day to the next in water "gains" is nothing too special for me. However, somehow I thought I would not get my period "in the regular way" this month (and I actually haven't yet). Since it is very warm here and I tend to hold a lot of water when it is warm + right before my period, the weight is going off slowly. Again: Since my nutrition is 100% as planned (appetite is rather weak actually) and does not aim on fast gains and i am not cycling carbs, this is for sure and obviously neither fat nor gains from Osta.

Pretty much right from the beginning I was experiencing good pump during workout, which even increased. Vascularity seems increased to me, too so I am excited to see what it's like when the remaining 2kg of water come off.
So far, I did not notice any gains in strength (which is also not remarkable since the week before my period is always significantly weaker in my big lifts) but I am hitting since day 5 almost daily new records in my (bike)rides (I typically do approx 250km a week and ofc no additional cardio :p) . Not sure if this is Osta-related.

The bloodwork I got done right before I started my cycle came out as expected: All values within the normal range (except for Phosphate which was a little low, slightly increased MCV and slightly increased urea).

I am excited how things are proceeding and keep this thread updated every now and then.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A short update:
I am 10 days in Ostarine by OL, 10mg in the morning.
At day 6, my weight jumped up 3kg, which is - I am quite sure of that - not Ostarine related. Basically, it is my time of the month and 3kg from one day to the next in water "gains" is nothing too special for me. However, somehow I thought I would not get my period "in the regular way" this month (and I actually haven't yet). Since it is very warm here and I tend to hold a lot of water when it is warm + right before my period, the weight is going off slowly. Again: Since my nutrition is 100% as planned (appetite is rather weak actually) and does not aim on fast gains and i am not cycling carbs, this is for sure and obviously neither fat nor gains from Osta.

Pretty much right from the beginning I was experiencing good pump during workout, which even increased. Vascularity seems increased to me, too so I am excited to see what it's like when the remaining 2kg of water come off.
So far, I did not notice any gains in strength (which is also not remarkable since the week before my period is always significantly weaker in my big lifts) but I am hitting since day 5 almost daily new records in my (bike)rides (I typically do approx 250km a week and ofc no additional cardio :p) . Not sure if this is Osta-related.

The bloodwork I got done right before I started my cycle came out as expected: All values within the normal range (except for Phosphate which was a little low, slightly increased MCV and slightly increased urea).

I am excited how things are proceeding and keep this thread updated every now and then.
You will definitely see an increase in endurance and or stamina. As far as the strength gains go, they are along the line of being commensurate with the muscle gain. As in you will notice growth or recomp as you notice the gains. Osta is not androgenic enough to really increase the neurological strength, so you don't get that increased ability to apply force that comes along with more androgenic compounds. Instead your muscle grows a little faster resulting in a little faster strength accrual. With something like test or tren there is an increase in the the cns's ability to contract muscle fibers which increases strength via different pathways than just muscle gain.

Chimas

Awards
Hey there,
i wanted to update you again on my progress on ostarine.
I'm "on" now for 27 days, so pretty much half my first cycle @ 10mg has already passed. To summarize it for all those who are in a hurry: I love it.

Now, a little more detail:

Mental wellbeing
I need to start with this one, I am afraid. I do have kind of preconditions here: I've got depressions (for many many years now) and I am just coming out of a pretty bad phase - probably the worst since 4 years. I have been in a depressive phase for past 6 or 7 weeks. I am supposed to take medications in these phases but I don't and I never did (due to seeing what it can do to people). The reason why I mention that at all is not that I think that Osta interacted with my depression in any (positive or negative) way.
My workouts are basically the only thing that go on pretty well in these phases. That is also why I decided to start taking Osta although being in a depressive phase. I would have waited longer if I knew that I wond't be able to workout properly anyways. However, due to the severeness of the phase I just passed (I would say I am remarkably better since 7 days now), most of the days I only slept like 3-4 hours at night which I think was the reason why e.g. I wasn't able to squat heavy: I wasn't able to focus enough and didn't have the muscle mind connection, I usually have, which is why I didn't even try to go heavy on my main lifts.

Training and Bodycomposition
As already stated in my last post, my bike rides got remarkably better/faster starting in the beginning of week 2. Since my last update, and especially within the last 7 days, pumps during workout and vascularity have increased a lot. This week I was finally able/felt ready to do some heavy squats again and hit a PR directly (which was not expected at all! I did squats also during my depressive phase, but nowhere close to the weights of my working sets when I am squatting heavy).
The change that surprised me the most was the change of the look of my shoulders, especially when pumped. My delts start popping out by now - and this seemed really pretty much like an "overnight change" (that also some of my gym mates noticed, so it was not just me being cross-eyed^^).

Bodyweight
I am tracking my food anyways and I am reverse dieting at the moment, coming out of a very low carb diet and slowly and very controlled going up with my kcal and carbs again. My biggest concern towards Osta was, that I would have an uncontrollable increase of appetite. Nothing like this happened. Nothing at all.
Although I am going up with kcal and carbs, I have lost some weight since I started Osta which is outside of normal fluctuations, even if I take my Pre-menstrual water retention into considerations: I am 4kg lighter than the week I started. Considering the fact that I am only on Ostarine for 27 days, this seems actually a lot, but please take into consideration, that my weight was going up within that first week like 2 kg due to water retentions.
Obviously my bodycomp has changed. I think in the end of the first cycle, I might post some pictures (unpumped^^ I don't do pics in the gym ;) )

Hormonal stuff/Girls stuff
Last time I posted, I was guessing that I would get my period. Some days after, I actually got it. It was very light and lasted for 2 days (instead of 6, which is normal for me, including 3 days of heavy bleeding).

Sideeffects
Literally nothing, I would complain about. Obviously I don't mind having a very light and short period.
Nothing like acne, increased water retention, migraine, increase in hunger or weight (see above), any kind of virilization ... I can't say much about sex drive though, since I am single ;) Maybe a slight increase in lust?^^ Not sure. Nothing that bothers me.

By now, I am already planning my second cycle, where I plan to stack probably with RAD-140 after 8 weeks off (assuming that my bloodwork that I will take after 6 weeks off is ok).

Chimas

Awards
Final update including comparison pictures

So this is it - 8 weeks of Osta have passed so quickly! Time for a final update and comparison pictures. Sorry - this might be a long one.

Oh and I am not going to put this at the end of the Post: Special thanks to MrKleen73, netflixNchill, yates84 and mike33511!

Bodystats/Cycle summary
  • Female,
  • 27yo,
  • 165cm (5.4' I believe)
  • Cycle length: 8 weeks
  • PE: Ostarine (by OL)
  • Dosage: 10mg in the morning (unchanged over the 8 weeks)
  • Starting weight: slightly over 70kg (154-155lbs), 33,2% Bodyfat*
  • End weight: 64,9kg (143lbs), 26,7% Bodyfat*
    *Measured by a ****ty scale without handhelds. Surely not accurate, but shows the tendency
  • Starting working sets for squats: 100kg (220lbs) * 5 reps / 3 sets @70kg (154lbs) BW
  • End of cycle working sets for squats: 107,5kg (237lbs) * 5 reps / 3 sets @65kg (143lbs) BW
  • Bloodwork was done right before start of cycle and will be done again 2 weeks before intended start of next cycle. In case something is not right then, I will delay the next cycle.

Bodyweight and Bodyfat
Although I did not use Ostarine during an intended cut, I lost over the course of 8 weeks 5kg. Bodyfat also dropped, however, I can't say for sure how much.
Since I think the story behind that all is something many girls can relate to and actually explains why Ostarine did so much for me - mentally and physically - find a "diet history" below this main post since it might be somewhat longer.

Strength, Endurance, Workout & Performance
Since I am changing most of my exercises frequently and squats are at the moment the best one to compare, I'll only talk about my squat performance strengthwise.
During the first weeks of Ostarine, I was somehow unable to squat properly. Please don't ask me why - it just didn't feel right. Once I was able to get the right feeling back, performance was good, but not through the roof. If you take my weightloss into consideration, relative strengthgain was probably insane, though:
Before Cycle: 100kg (220lbs) * 5 reps / 3 sets @70kg (154lbs) BW
End of Cycle: 107,5kg (237lbs) * 5 reps / 3 sets @65kg (143lbs) BW
As previously mentioned, increased performance/endurance/stamina with my bike rides was the first thing I noticed @ approx week 2. After week 3-4, it did not increase any further.
The pumps I had on Osta were INSANE! Vascularity was clearly increased (although this might be also a bit due to weightloss). Both of it was starting at week 3-4 and pretty much increased until the end of the cycle.

Muscle gain, Muscle tone
Obviously, I added some definition by weightloss itself and it is hard to say what would have been without Osta. I believe that it still did a lot to me, especially my delts made great progress finally.
Other physical and mental side-effects
Nothing bad (for me personally) really. No headaches, no acne, no skin issues (that I did not have before) and no worsening of already present skin issues.
My first menstruation was 2 days very light instead of 4days strong + 2days medium/light. The second one did not happen at all (should have gotten it around 21st of July).
In terms of water retention, things were going normal until week 7-ish: Normally I start putting on/retaining over night a lot of water approx 1 week before my period is starting and it all comes off with the start of my period then. This happened this time exactly as scheduled again, but since I did not get my period, I am still holding a lot of water at the moment – it simply did not come off which is somewhat annoying.
Starting @ week 6, I felt like my smell changed slightly. Not sure about that though! It was not from a special body area, more like my "normal me-smell" that seemed changed... weird to describe
Hunger was not increased, during the first weeks even decreased. Cravings shifted to protein-rich foods (especially whey, cheese and quark so dairy in specific I guess o_O), although my protein intake was mostly approx 160gr daily.
Sex drive... erm... let's put it this way: If I would have been in a relationship, my boyfriend would have been quite busy during the cycle^^ This started especially from week 4 on.
Influence on my mood only in a positive way since I was getting along with myself better.
No influence on sleep

Pics or it didn't happen!
Some comments on the pictures: Yes, this is my picture-underwear :D I am always wearing exactly the same underwear on my comparison-pictures :p Lighting is very "honest" (katabolic^^) but I simply hate taking pics in the gym... So you just have to believe me about the vascularity and delts popping out, when pumped.
The first picture shows me before cycle and me after cycle (direct comparison). The second picture shows my development during the last year - I found a picture from 1 year ago, when I had approx the same weight. Please note that this was my first cycle on anything and I am already in 4th year of workout.
I also know it is hard to say what on those pictures is due to Osta and what is due to weightloss.
Note on my skin: As previously mentioned and already visible in the "before" pic - they are not Osta related.
pre-post.jpg

pre vs. post-cycle

longterm.jpg

last year vs. this year

Outlook
I would definitely do it again and I will after an 8 weeks break. Actually I can barely wait :D Probably I will stack with RAD-140 then and run an more frequently updated log here.
Unfortunately I mostly really can't find the information from females that I am looking for about SARMs (which is also the reason why I kept updating this thread).
Apart from that, I am thrilled (and a little bit afraid^^) to see how my body reacts now coming off osta. At the moment I am planning to keep my calories like they are or keep on reverse dieting (but slower now, escpecially playing around with increasing carbs).
I also thought about taking Cardarine in the meantime, but reading about it, the risk does not seem to be worth it to me personally. Although everything I was reading about it from an experience perspective sounded amazing, the fact that it didn't even make it to the stage of studies in humans? No thank you, unfortunately.

Previously mentioned Diet History:

May - December 2016
  • maintaining 73kg BW at pretty high BF
  • daily average @2700kcal, I'd say 70% "clean"
  • 5 days of workout/week
  • approx 250-300km biking/week, usually split to 5-6 units
  • Self-body-image was okay, because strong AF and that was my only focus at this part of time

December 2016 - Feb 2017
  • Diet start with "kickstart week" (inspired by gym mates who had incredible success doing PSMF) which lasted much longer than originally intended due to lack of success with it
  • daily average @1400kcal with <40gr KH
  • training volume unchanged, also no strength loss
  • overall weightloss during the complete phase (12 weeks): 3kg (and no, I was NOT cheating)
  • the worst thing was probably that I was really feeling like I am dieting incredibly hard and I had cravings all the time but was very disciplined and did not "cheat" on my very restrictive diet. Within these 3 months, I maybe had 3 days >2500kcal.
    Basically, I started hating myself everyday a bit more because nothing happened, although I was torturing me so much. So my "very smart consequence" was...

March 2017 - June 2017
  • daily average 1200kcal with <30gr KH
  • training volume unchanged
  • overall weightloss during the complete phase (12 weeks): 1kg (!!)
  • I can't believe I actually did that 12 weeks... Again no cheating, self-hate increasing, therefore "old habits" starting again (I have a vivid past with eating disorders (Anorexia) and self harm plus severe problems to eat whenever other people are present)

June 2017 - August 2017 (Ostarine Cycle)
  • immediately upped kcal to daily average of 1550kcal and started adding KH again
  • reverse dieting (especially for KH) up to a daily average of 2100kcal (@150gr KH, 1gr fat/kg BW, rest@protein) at the end of my cycle
  • training volume unchanged
  • overall weightloss in those 8 weeks: 5kg
  • I actually planned for severe weightgain (because that is what physics and law of energy conservation implicates, right?). I can't really explain what is happening here but - and now you are allowed to call me officially stupid - it happened to me exactly the same way several times before but I never learn from that mistake -.- E.g. when I had to go to hospital due to anorexia. At this point, I had not eaten more than 200kcal for more than 6 weeks, in the last two weeks, I had exactly 68kcal a day, had lost 43kg in 6 months (starting as a “healthy diet”) and weighted 42kg. When they told me that I have to eat 2000kcal right away without any slow increase, otherwise they would force feed me by a feeding tube, I did exactly that (and under supervision) but actually started losing weight, until they increased me up to 2800kcal – plus not being allowed to even walk or stand for longer times. My doctors even thought about putting me under special 24h-observation because they thought I’d use high dosages of laxatives. They had no explanation for this, but after many spontaneous blood tests, spontaneous weighing in the middle of the night etc pp and when I finally started putting on weight, they started trusting me thankfully.
    Back to the now: I could imagine that my body during anorectic phases learned to switch superfast to an energy saving mode. However, also 1200kcal, I never felt cold and did not lose strength (but also surely made no gains).

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work! You will love rad, my wife's personal favorite.

Chimas

Awards

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work and yes your body goes into starvation mode when calories are too low for too long. Your metabolism takes a nasty hit and slows to a crawl. Once you start eating again the body realizes it can do without the fat stores because it is getting enough energy to support itself. Great job!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She has done both, no difference in the two at all just caps are more convenient where liquid is easier to adjust dose slightly

GFLUX

Awards
There is no need for a PCT for a female. Just normal support supps. You do not need to restore your HPTA or testosterone levels. Just continue to take whatever supports you were on cycle for about a month after and you should be good to go. As far as taking a break, for a female it is going to have more to do with your blood work. If your bloodwork is all back in normal ranges then you should be good to go.

Glad to see both of you guys are still around these parts! Its Alex ;)

P.S. Yates, would you mind messaging me on Facebook, I had a question and not sure if I can send messages on here yet until 50 posts

Kaibutsu

Kaibutsu

Awards
Nice work and yes your body goes into starvation mode when calories are too low for too long. Your metabolism takes a nasty hit and slows to a crawl. Once you start eating again the body realizes it can do without the fat stores because it is getting enough energy to support itself. Great job!
This. Never doing this again. Felt like committing suicide most days.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
Great job!!! And amazing breakdown of how it went!!

Chimas

Awards
Thanks to all of you. Much appreciated :)
About the starvation mode thing: There are some things that I cannot wrap my mind around, though. E.g. no strength-loss, no freezing and especially no weightgain when increasing calories at all. To me, it just seems too weird that my metabolism seems to adapt that quickly.
I guess I am just having a hard time accepting that nutrition is so incredibly individual and no concepts fits all. Now that I did some research in that area, I actually found some researchers stating that diets like PSMF are not suitable for women (for various reasons) and especially for those with an eating disorder past (for even more reasons - where the psychological reasons seem more obvious to me than the physical reasons). But oh well... the internet is like the bible code in that regard: Just search long enough and you will find something or someone who is proofing your own point, right?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks to all of you. Much appreciated :)
About the starvation mode thing: There are some things that I cannot wrap my mind around, though. E.g. no strength-loss, no freezing and especially no weightgain when increasing calories at all. To me, it just seems too weird that my metabolism seems to adapt that quickly.
I guess I am just having a hard time accepting that nutrition is so incredibly individual and no concepts fits all. Now that I did some research in that area, I actually found some researchers stating that diets like PSMF are not suitable for women (for various reasons) and especially for those with an eating disorder past (for even more reasons - where the psychological reasons seem more obvious to me than the physical reasons). But oh well... the internet is like the bible code in that regard: Just search long enough and you will find something or someone who is proofing your own point, right?
Well that adaptation would not have happened that quickly if you were not on the Ostarine. Plus I don't know what type of macros you were eating but unless the initial increase was all or mostly carbohydrate then there wouldn't necessarily be an increase in weight initially. Sounds like your deficit was about 40-50% of where your maintenance calories should have been, it is going to take a massive jump to put a dent in that deficit and start weight gain. However you reverse dieted so the likelihood of that was minimal to say the least. Plus you are probably still in a deficit even now unless you finally reached a point you are maintaining or gaining weight.

Kidz

Awards
Hi! Thanks for this. I know it's a few months back but just found this group and female who has done one round of Sarms, similar boat as you. :) Good job.