Facet joint injections and Ostarine

N

nickm321

Awards
Hi. I started taking Ostarine a couple of days ago. My intention is to use it as a small training booster over the next 6 weeks. I've never used it or anything else before, in the whole 26 years I've been doing weights and sport.

In a couple of weeks time, I'm going to hospital for a steroid injection into the facet joints of one of my spinal vertebrae. This is part of ongoing investigative treatment for back pain problems due to a degenerative disc. Does anyone know of any problems there might be from taking the ostarine while going for these injections? My thought was to come off the ostarine in the couple of days surrounding the hospital visit.

Thanks in advance.
Nick.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi. I started taking Ostarine a couple of days ago. My intention is to use it as a small training booster over the next 6 weeks. I've never used it or anything else before, in the whole 26 years I've been doing weights and sport.

In a couple of weeks time, I'm going to hospital for a steroid injection into the facet joints of one of my spinal vertebrae. This is part of ongoing investigative treatment for back pain problems due to a degenerative disc. Does anyone know of any problems there might be from taking the ostarine while going for these injections? My thought was to come off the ostarine in the couple of days surrounding the hospital visit.

Thanks in advance.
Nick.
Ask your doctor for legit advice.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I really don't think it would cause a problem but this is definitely a question to ask the Dr.

N

nico101

Awards
I'm not giving you medical advice but.. it won't be a problem.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, this sounds like more trouble than its worth.

You're obviously dealing with back issues so your training isn't 100%. This is your first hormonal product, which means you have no idea how you'll react. Some people have alleged gyno from Ostarine. Plus, you want to take it for a few weeks, then stop, which means you'll need a PCT - at minimum an OTC PCT, but preferably a SERM.

I don't think it would interfere with your treatment, but I think it would be a pain in the ass. IMO, I'd wait until after your injection, see how it goes, and then try something. You would likely get more out of it if the injection works.

N

nickm321

Awards
Thanks Woody, that all makes great sense. I think the appointment for the injections came in unexpectedly, and having just started the Ostarine I did a bit of rabbit-in-headlights. I'm gonna knock the Ostarinne on the head until after I'm clear from the injections and any possible effects they have. Plenty of safe training I can do in the meantime :)