Is running test at 250-300mgs a week decent for the first time?

manup

Awards
When I get to my goal of 200 I plan to bulk
this will be my first cycle and I was told to start low that way in my ceiling would be like 700 instead of 1000mg

DTA

DTA

Awards
There's gainz at 250 but you're not shutting down your natural testosterone production any less than running it at 350-400. I'd start with that. The idea of lowering your ceiling later is broscience nonsense

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this will be my first cycle and I was told to start low that way in my ceiling would be like 700 instead of 1000mg
There is no ceiling with testosterone. Only how much sides you can tolerate.
But depending on your ester, I'm guessing e or c, I'd say go with 450-500, you'll be glad you did.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you want to waste your money you can run it that low. But I would start between 5-600 a week

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
The general starting point for 1st timers and Test Cycles is around 500mg per week or an ester such as C or E,

also it takes about 3 weeks or even a month to fully build up and and equal time to come out of system so take this into consideration when planning a cycle and when to start your PCT.

I also agree with others that there is no ceiling, also we all respond differently to the same doses, e.g. some can run 500mg and be fine with little sides where others will require the use of an AI to control estrogenic side effects e.g. gynocomastia due to being prone to it genetically.

It is best to keep it simple and start with a compound such as Test, then maybe for other future cycles add in other compounds to gain more of an effect, the reason doses will need to increase is due to your body having more muscle tissue or should have if you are cycling properly, eating correctly, training right and getting adequate rest.

Also could you provide us with more details to aid you e.g. such as:

Age,
Diet
Training, type and experience, e.g. how many years have you had
Weight, Height and body comp e.g. body fat levels if you know.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I honestly think it doesn't hurt . Dosing as low as 300 is gonna put your test levels a super-physiological levels regardless what anyone says . If it's your first time doing IM then go for it cause your gonna see gains . Do what you need to do to ease into it. Make sure your running it atleast 10 weeks though no less.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think it doesn't hurt . Dosing as low as 300 is gonna put your test levels a super-physiological levels regardless what anyone says . If it's your first time doing IM then go for it cause your gonna see gains . Do what you need to do to ease into it. Make sure your running it atleast 10 weeks though no less.
Also with this, if you dose 250-300mg long enough the build up of compound will still provide effects, i also prefer to keep test low and just use it for its purposes of mood and well being and use other compounds e.g. such as Tren / Masteron for muscle retention / gains when cutting, this also reduces the need for an AI and any water retention which i have had in the past from using Test E which has led to me favoring Sustanon and Test P.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I ran test at 300 for 4 weeks and then bumped it up to 400 for the next 4 weeks. Kickstarted with low dose dmz 20mg for the first 3 weeks. Maybe not the most ideal setup, but I definitely saw gains. Gained 15lbs and kept 8.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've run 250-300mg test only blasts and had great results. It still comes down to the work you put in. I ran this at the same time a couple of other guys I used to lift with ran 600mg and my results were right on par with them with less sides. Of course, I put in the work and ran 2 a days a few times a week- but supra levels of test allow this because recovery is fast.

I've never believed you had to run 500+ levels to see great results.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't gotta run 500 to see results, but damn it sure does make you feel like King Kong. 300 will work yea, but I'd rather run prop at 300/week. In and out.

manup

Awards
Age, 31
Diet now calorie reduced macro friendly
Training, type 2 days upper body one heavy one light and same for the lower
experience bout 9 years
Weight, now 225
Height 5 10 body fat levels dont know I assume 18-20%
I'm preparing the cycle now I got at least 20 pounds to lose before I even do this cycle