Lipids, PCT, and how long until they recover

sespress

Awards
So!
We all know that steroids Jack your lipids up. But what I don't see anything definitive on is how long until they recover? I understand the detrimental level of your lipids profile might not get as messed up as another guys, even if all things are equal. You won't recover perhaps as fast or maybe faster than another guy. Putting that kind of variance aside I wondered
1) during PCT your trying to reboot everything downstairs, making more natural test. Does this process help, hurt, or not effect the recovery time of your lipids?
2) what's the average length of time people see better blood work? Weeks? Months? God help us....a year?

What can you do other than take Omega oils products like fish, krill, flax? Are there any other supps that help this out? What should you avoid, and attempt to eat to continue the recovery? Lots of unsaturated cats, Olive oil? What to do? Just wait?

Always thought there was less on this than there should be as it probably hurts us more in the long run than some HPTA suppression. Information online includes "take fish oil", great that's not really an answer to the how long, "it'll get better over time", vauge, and "steroids mess up your lipids", we knew that and the effort established in figuring out which compounds hurt it the most, we could use some of that information in a constructive manner.

Anyone know of anything a bit more sciency out there about this topic?

Cheers!

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
If the link doesn't take you to the page type in "anabolic steroids and lipids" in the search bar on the homepage

sespress

Awards
If the link doesn't take you to the page type in "anabolic steroids and lipids" in the search bar on the homepage
First off THANK YOU. Google gives a bunch of health general crap searching for things like this or forums where no one really had talked about time for recovery. I'm gonna paste this on because the link didn't work - for anyone else this was the information:

Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and abnormal plasma lipoproteins

AAS abuse in athletes increase low-density lipoprotein (LDL) levels by >20% and decrease high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels by 20% to 70% (1,2)
HDL decline seen particularly with use of nonaromatizable androgens - significant decrease in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol with nonaromatizable androgens like stanozolol
decline is significantly less with use of aromatizable androgens such as testosterone (3)

steroid hormones alter serum lipoprotein levels via the lipolytic degradation of lipoproteins and their removal by receptors through modification of apolipoprotein A-I and B synthesis

estimated that these lipoprotein abnormalities increase the risk for coronary artery disease by three- to sixfold

onset and reversibility of lipid abmormalities associated with AAS use

abnormalities of HDL and LDL may arise within 9 weeks of AAS self-administration

lipid effects seem to be reversible and may normalize 5 months after discontinuation
Reference:

Sader MA et al. Androgenic anabolic steroids and arterial structure and function in male bodybuilders. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;37:224-30.
Achar S et al. Cardiac and Metabolic Effects of Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Abuse on Lipids, Blood Pressure, Left Ventricular Dimensions, and Rhythm. Am J Cardiol. 2010 Sep 15; 106(6): 893-901.
Basaria S.Androgen abuse in athletes: detection and consequences. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Apr;95(4):1533-43
Links:

sespress

Awards
This site is pure gold man! Exactly what I'm looking for, straight up to the point and references. Amazing.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
No problem man, it's what we're here for!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is what is going to be determined by diet though. Honestly, you can mitigate the changes in lipids by the types of steroids you choose to run and most especially by the supplementation that you choose to have on cycle and thereafter.

Messed up lipds isn't what causes issues down the road anyways - it's the inflammation that triggers those LDL lipids to go repair the muscle/arterial wall in the first place. So the root cause is inflammatory damage to the arterial walls - which gets FIXED by cholesterol lipoproteins like LDL's btw. But like most muscle damage, that smooth muscle in the arterial walls tend to sustain inflammatory injuries in the same areas over the course of your lifetime which causes excessive pile-ups of cholesterol "plaque" which was used to puddy the tear/damage in the arterial walls.

To me, this is the real definition of a "clean" diet - one that minimized inflammatory response in the cardiovascular system. Excessive plaque build up isn't a sign of too much LDL or the wrong ratio of the HDL/LDL but rather it's the sign of a crap diet.