I ****ed up

Bmac

Awards
i'm a perfect example of why you need to do your research before messing with your hormones and have blood work done. im 21, when i was 19 turning 20 i took aromasin for 3 months. the only other sup i was taking was dhea. i took the the aromasin sporadically so 12.5mg one day 25mg another day.
it works out to 8.3mg a day for 90 days i basically had fatigue low libido and brain fog symptoms creeping up on me till my last dose then bam i crashed hard. no energy no libido. i realized i crashed my e2 hard. i stopped working out for the first time in my life. these symptoms stayed constant for 4 months after the last dose and to this day i havnt recovered. ive went to an endo who was pretty useless as he said estrogen dosnt matter in males. im currently seeing a male health clinic getting my hormones sorted but even with my e2 back to normal my low e2 symptoms persist. anyway felt like sharing maybe i can be an example of bad judgment.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are not alone.
Epistane fugged up both of my knees. Dried my joints out -and made them prone to injury.
I'm scheduled for surgery on 2nd of may.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sticking with lite beer for now on.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
What Endo says estrogen doesn't matter in males? Maybe you went to a fake one lol because that's mental

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Sooooo you need testosterone so it can covert to estro so Id get bloods see what your test and e levels area . You're gonna have to stick it out because your test will come back due to negative feedback that being said if your testis are functioning. It will take some time but freeing up some of that bound test may help so possibly longjack could help ? Honestly time is gonna be the real factor .

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm a perfect example of why you need to do your research before messing with your hormones and have blood work done. im 21, when i was 19 turning 20 i took aromasin for 3 months. the only other sup i was taking was dhea. i took the the aromasin sporadically so 12.5mg one day 25mg another day.
it works out to 8.3mg a day for 90 days i basically had fatigue low libido and brain fog symptoms creeping up on me till my last dose then bam i crashed hard. no energy no libido. i realized i crashed my e2 hard. i stopped working out for the first time in my life. these symptoms stayed constant for 4 months after the last dose and to this day i havnt recovered. ive went to an endo who was pretty useless as he said estrogen dosnt matter in males. im currently seeing a male health clinic getting my hormones sorted but even with my e2 back to normal my low e2 symptoms persist. anyway felt like sharing maybe i can be an example of bad judgment.
Your approach was dumb, no question about that.
Even with research it's possible to fugg up.
Thanks for sharing, it could persuade others to stay off of hormones -and alike, especially the younger dudes.

Your condition is temporary, IMHO. Without exogenous testosterone, estrogen needs time to raise. Keep your head up, it will be alright!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What? Really? That's your answer to help.the guy out? Lol!
Where is your contribution? LOL
I wonder if drinking the piss of a pregnant women could help...

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
Where is your contribution? LOL
I wonder if drinking the piss of a pregnant women could help...
No that wasn't directed at you brother that was to the guy who said he is sticking with light beer. The guy came for help not to be mocked. I see alot of this lately. Sorry for the confusion.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No that wasn't directed at you brother that was to the guy who said he is sticking with light beer. The guy came for help not to be mocked. I see alot of this lately. Sorry for the confusion.
No harm done, he deserves to be mocked a bit too, I guess. :)
Our overall intentions are good.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take super dhea product from Olympus labs until endo gives you prescription or your hpta balances out.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Take super dhea product from Olympus labs until endo gives you prescription or your hpta balances out.
Why would he **** with his hormones further by taking some random supplement that's never been studied in anyone let alone someone in his unique situation?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, DON'T advise that! How the hell could you tell into WHAT hormone DHEA will convert into?
Let the endo sort it out.

If it was me, I would....never mind, don't gonna tell. :)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you got messed up on aromasin alone? Sounds like an easy fix with about 2000iu of HCG, in one dose. Maybe an OTC test booster or 12.5mg Clomid for a few weeks and you're gtg. Hard to imagine you should even had gone thru what you did with just aromasin involved. The negative feedback loop there is not very strong at all.

And as far as mocking goes, I'm not gonna give you crap for it. Anyone who gets serious long term negative sides from aromasin alone could never have seen that coming - it's such a weak hormonal application that I would be blind-sided if it happened to me.

But this is hardly anything you should be suffering with for months on end. Take the hcg and you'll feel better in hours and by end of week you'd either be back to normal or else discover that you had much greater underlying issues like primary hypogonadism and the aromasin just exacerbated the already existing problem.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are not alone.
Epistane fugged up both of my knees. Dried my joints out -and made them prone to injury.
I'm scheduled for surgery on 2nd of may.
Thanks that is one I had found that I thought of taking, but not if it does that crap.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks that is one I had found that I thought of taking, but not if it does that crap.
I understand that what happened to me is rare -but not unheard of. Also, note that I'm an old fugger, that could have aggravated it.
If you still want to take it -or any other "dry" compound, add something that aromatizes to it, like Test -or Trest. I only used 4-ad as a base, that was obviously not enough.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you got messed up on aromasin alone? Sounds like an easy fix with about 2000iu of HCG, in one dose. Maybe an OTC test booster or 12.5mg Clomid for a few weeks and you're gtg. Hard to imagine you should even had gone thru what you did with just aromasin involved. The negative feedback loop there is not very strong at all.

And as far as mocking goes, I'm not gonna give you crap for it. Anyone who gets serious long term negative sides from aromasin alone could never have seen that coming - it's such a weak hormonal application that I would be blind-sided if it happened to me.

But this is hardly anything you should be suffering with for months on end. Take the hcg and you'll feel better in hours and by end of week you'd either be back to normal or else discover that you had much greater underlying issues like primary hypogonadism and the aromasin just exacerbated the already existing problem.
HCG, you blew my cover, I wouldn't say it. You hit the nail!

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
did you get labs done? post your numbers if you did

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you can't get the lab results from your doc, try going to PrivateMDLabs dot com to order a
female hormone panel, and this will give you your test, estrogen, and FSH/LH Levels so you
know exactly where your at.

It cost about $60 to $65, and you just have to go to Labcorp for the test. You'll get results in 2 days.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
if you can't get the lab results from your doc, try going to PrivateMDLabs dot com to order a
female hormone panel, and this will give you your test, estrogen, and FSH/LH Levels so you
know exactly where your at.

It cost about $60 to $65, and you just have to go to Labcorp for the test. You'll get results in 2 days.
Search promo codes to can usually get 15% off

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards

I agree with the hog , I see the principle behind the clomid but remember it does still bind to estro so it could further make him feel like crap .

heyboy

Banned
Awards
heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
without labs its really all a guessing game, get your labs

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I ****ed up, dated a woman that cheated on me :rofl:

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with the hog , I see the principle behind the clomid but remember it does still bind to estro so it could further make him feel like crap .
Hence the low dose. Personally, I think 50mg/day is way too much in most applications. People try to take too much because their main concern wasn't getting back to normal for the sake of normal but because most guys are trying to keep the gains from the cycle, in which case, committing to TRT sounds more viable, perhaps running HCG alongside TRT to keep fertility going if that sort of thing is a concern. Otherwise, getting back to normal is more a marathon than a sprint (much like building muscle mass) in which case I think 12.5-25mg Clomid daily is all you need with eventually tapering that dose to let the body gradually come into it's own production again.

Of course, having all the right supplements and dietary needs goes without saying - healthy GH levels, ZMA, plenty of sleep every night, etc.

I used to freak out with having low T for any period of time back when I didn't cruise... nowadays I don't freak out because I actually have a diet that can support my muscle mass for a few weeks to a few months on low T. Granted, at this point I'd employ a little bit of insulin, not a ton, just enough to keep nutrient partitioning going, and GHRP/GHRH peptides - which actually play a decent role in getting Test levels back to normal, btw.

I've found that it's more important to be comprehensive in PCT and that dosing can be quite low in the various compounds as long as all of the right pieces are included in PCT.

Bmac

Awards
so if anyone's interested i just got back some blood results. total T is 25.9nmol/L, estrodail is <16pg/mL. so i don't know the exact number. now i didn't mention what this doctor has me on. HCG 200 iu a day. androgel 1.62% once a day. ive been doing this since January. so ive really crushed my e2 becasue its been its 11 months since my first dose of aromasin plus 4 months on HCG and androgel. i have some bloods from april first with more things tested with the estrodial being the same result.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
So I'd continue the hcg and androgel and lay off the anti estros for a bit and get another blood test in about 6 weeks

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
so if anyone's interested i just got back some blood results. total T is 25.9nmol/L, estrodail is <16pg/mL. so i don't know the exact number. now i didn't mention what this doctor has me on. HCG 200 iu a day. androgel 1.62% once a day. ive been doing this since January. so ive really crushed my e2 becasue its been its 11 months since my first dose of aromasin plus 4 months on HCG and androgel. i have some bloods from april first with more things tested with the estrodial being the same result.
thats either free test or SHBG, 29 is low for a woman. just saying,

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
there is a lot of confusion here since the opening statement.
first of all Clomid is a SERM, its recommended to take a high dose first week of PCT normally 150mg because your ending your cycle and use of AI so its expected your gonna have an estrogen rebound a high dose of a SERM is used to block the effects.

HCG should not be used for PCT the whole purpose of PCT is to get your body back to its natural balance and get off use of sterons and injecting hormones

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there is a lot of confusion here since the opening statement.
first of all Clomid is a SERM, its recommended to take a high dose first week of PCT normally 150mg because your ending your cycle and use of AI so its expected your gonna have an estrogen rebound a high dose of a SERM is used to block the effects.

HCG should not be used for PCT the whole purpose of PCT is to get your body back to its natural balance and get off use of sterons and injecting hormones
Clomid is both an agonist and antagonist to the estrogen receptor. Higher doses of it doesn't guarantee estrogen control.

I've done this so many times. When you take nothing after a cycle...do you know what happens? Nothing.

No test = no conversion to estrogen.

As for other SARMs, Toremifene and Tamoxifene are obviously better options for controlling estrogen, with Torem being the best at everything (boost T and controlling gyno). Raloxifene is decent too but requires some trial and error to figure out how to make it work right.

HCG is used however the person wants to use it, really.

I need to remind us all that PCT is really for two reasons:

1) To get T levels up FAST so as to retain muscle mass while letting the body figure out how to be natural again
2) To help the pituitary and other pathways to work again

What we need in those two cases is something that is an agonist for Test-producing processes.

HCG, while being exogenous, has a very useful purpose in PCT or during cycle, whichever you prefer.

1) It keeps T levels high while you introduce something else to ramp the pituitary up (aka SERMs)
2) The negative feedback system isn't direct like Test and therefore can be more freely used. For instance, a single shot of steroids can totally shut down the natural Test production. Deca and other 19-Nor's are known for this and proven clinically to do so. HCG can be taken in several doses for a longer period of time without causing any major disruption of your body's ability to produce its own LH. So I always recommend 1-2 bigger doses the week before starting Clomid therapy and gradually coming down off of it. Eventually, you'd get to a point of using just Clomid as PCT.

Clomid, like anything else, also has to be titrated off because like anything else, the pit can become dependent on it too. Many people have tried unsuccessfully to come off Clomid only to find that their T levels drop by half when they do. This is normal. It's like coming off opiates cold- turkey --> your neurotransmitter/opiate receptor density are/is sky high and not yet normalized and your brain is used to being stimulated by those additional receptors that it created for that opiate...there is a period we call withdrawal where your brain has the capacity to be high but nothing stimulating those receptors.

Unfortunately, the same goes for Test levels. The more Test we introduce into our system, the more receptors our body makes to take full advantage of the added hormones. Cut it from 1500-2000 ng/dL down to 750? You'll likely feel a bit like dog poop during PCT. This is where HCG is helpful because you can keep those levels titrating down as you go -- from 2000 to 1700 to 1400 to 1100 then down to 800 or so and then let Clomid take over completely at 25-50mg/day and then titrate Clomid down while getting all the needed nutrients to produce a lot of your own T - natural, OTC AI's, zinc, magnesium, etc and a health diet... and finally, PCT can come to an end after you feel like the momentum of your pituitary can keep the pace. And sometimes it just won't Sometimes the new normal is 80% of what the old was. That's life. It's bound to happen eventually, regardless so no need getting all upset if your extensively-abused endocrine system sucks butt now.

To do it correctly, as much time in PCT will be needed to reverse the receptor density in the cells. Basically, it will take just as much time to correctly fix/reverse the issue as it did to mess it up.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
Clomid is both an agonist and antagonist to the estrogen receptor. Higher doses of it doesn't guarantee estrogen control.

I've done this so many times. When you take nothing after a cycle...do you know what happens? Nothing.

No test = no conversion to estrogen.

As for other SARMs, Toremifene and Tamoxifene are obviously better options for controlling estrogen, with Torem being the best at everything (boost T and controlling gyno). Raloxifene is decent too but requires some trial and error to figure out how to make it work right.

HCG is used however the person wants to use it, really.

I need to remind us all that PCT is really for two reasons:

1) To get T levels up FAST so as to retain muscle mass while letting the body figure out how to be natural again
2) To help the pituitary and other pathways to work again

What we need in those two cases is something that is an agonist for Test-producing processes.

HCG, while being exogenous, has a very useful purpose in PCT or during cycle, whichever you prefer.

1) It keeps T levels high while you introduce something else to ramp the pituitary up (aka SERMs)
2) The negative feedback system isn't direct like Test and therefore can be more freely used. For instance, a single shot of steroids can totally shut down the natural Test production. Deca and other 19-Nor's are known for this and proven clinically to do so. HCG can be taken in several doses for a longer period of time without causing any major disruption of your body's ability to produce its own LH. So I always recommend 1-2 bigger doses the week before starting Clomid therapy and gradually coming down off of it. Eventually, you'd get to a point of using just Clomid as PCT.

Clomid, like anything else, also has to be titrated off because like anything else, the pit can become dependent on it too. Many people have tried unsuccessfully to come off Clomid only to find that their T levels drop by half when they do. This is normal. It's like coming off opiates cold- turkey --> your neurotransmitter/opiate receptor density are/is sky high and not yet normalized and your brain is used to being stimulated by those additional receptors that it created for that opiate...there is a period we call withdrawal where your brain has the capacity to be high but nothing stimulating those receptors.

Unfortunately, the same goes for Test levels. The more Test we introduce into our system, the more receptors our body makes to take full advantage of the added hormones. Cut it from 1500-2000 ng/dL down to 750? You'll likely feel a bit like dog poop during PCT. This is where HCG is helpful because you can keep those levels titrating down as you go -- from 2000 to 1700 to 1400 to 1100 then down to 800 or so and then let Clomid take over completely at 25-50mg/day and then titrate Clomid down while getting all the needed nutrients to produce a lot of your own T - natural, OTC AI's, zinc, magnesium, etc and a health diet... and finally, PCT can come to an end after you feel like the momentum of your pituitary can keep the pace. And sometimes it just won't Sometimes the new normal is 80% of what the old was. That's life. It's bound to happen eventually, regardless so no need getting all upset if your extensively-abused endocrine system sucks butt now.

To do it correctly, as much time in PCT will be needed to reverse the receptor density in the cells. Basically, it will take just as much time to correctly fix/reverse the issue as it did to mess it up.
wow, where did you find this. too much to argue about here, but I will start with HCG use there is a lot of bad info out there. the whole purpose of PCT is to restore a natural balance. HCG stimulates LH, the whole purpose of PCT is to get LH to natural levels. HCG on cycle does very little and basically only keeps the leydig cells in the testes working and barely boost actual testosterone production, on my labs using HCG only at 300iu daily my test levels only went up by 100.
my point being if you are using HCG you are not allowing your hormones to restore to their natural balance

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow, where did you find this. too much to argue about here, but I will start with HCG use there is a lot of bad info out there. the whole purpose of PCT is to restore a natural balance. HCG stimulates LH, the whole purpose of PCT is to get LH to natural levels. HCG on cycle does very little and basically only keeps the leydig cells in the testes working and barely boost actual testosterone production, on my labs using HCG only at 300iu daily my test levels only went up by 100.
my point being if you are using HCG you are not allowing your hormones to restore to their natural balance
You missed the whole point I think completely, lol.

I'm suggesting that for a proper PCT to get someone back to normal, you have to come down slowly to have a smooth transition from "on" to "off". The point of HCG is NOT to reboot your own Test - because it does have a mild negative feedback loop because it is a synthetic form of LH - which is another hormone the pituitary also produces. Replacing your natural LH with HCG will just cause a negative feedback to the pituitary to stop producing GnRH in the event that the hormone is used over extended periods of use at higher doses and this is mainly because of the half-life of HCG being much longer than the GnRH found naturally in our bodies. The point is to allow you to come down from 2000+ T levels to something that Clomid can sustain, which is at best 800-1000ng/dL (for most people that have ever verified their T levels while on Clomid therapy).

There is a gap between 400+ mg of Test weekly to 50-100mg Clomid daily. That gap is gonna be roughly 2-3 times the amount of T that Clomid can provide. The point of my message with HCG is that you use HCG to retain muscle, water and strength and gently come down to levels that Clomid therapy and adequate supplementation can maintain. From there, you taper that. What you experience is no change in mood. No change in sex drive. No change in "feeling on" versus "feeling off". Coming down gradually has it's benefits because you don't upset your system and cause a withdrawal effect.

Obviously there are other ways one can do PCT. You can just quit the cycle cold turkey and move from supra levels of T down to about 200-400ng/dL for the first week or two, lose a lb or two of muscle and all of the added water and glycogen and gradually restore T levels to maintain what wasn't lost in the process. Often times, the sex drive also takes a hit because again, all that exciting androgen receptor density and additional activity in the brain is now coming to an abrupt ending and the body is not used to functioning normally on such low levels of T.

I've not said anything questionable here and if I really thought it was necessary, I'd go scrounge up a few studies to support the ideas I've posted here but make no mistake - this isn't a medical board. This is a bodybuilding board and the king of BB'ing boards is 1) experience and 2) someone who is capable of articulating that experience, the different variables involved and the results. Most of what I just said above is based on a combination of text book studies AND trying them out on myself or witnessing it being done to someone else. But my reputation isn't built on text books, it's built on telling people to try something and when they go try it, they find that I was right in my logic and experience and the results matched what I said would happen.

I used to have your position on HCG too. Thought it was unnecessary and just something those "old skool" bodybuilders always rambled about because it was what they did. Turns out, old school bodybuilders didn't have google or internet. All they had was access to drugs needed and results. They stuck with whatever results were favorable and personally, if I were to ever come off Test, I wouldn't do it without HCG as an intermediary between being on and off. Granted, if you were only running 150-300mg/T per week, Clomid therapy alone would be fine. But at some point, when the cycle was really aggressive or thoroughly supraphysiological, I'd say tapering the hormone and/or using HCG as an intermediate therapy would be best to keep gains.