atlbrvfan

Awards
What would you say the symptoms are?

Thanks

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yes, every time...it seems to go away after awhile though. Achy bones/joints. fever, cold chills, night sweats, nasuea, loss of appetite...sounds fun huh?? :D

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
lifted pretty much hit it all right on the head...it can be summed up with a "you'll basically feel like sh*t" lol

regards,
COTC

Just make sure not to confuse test flu with an infection(cellulitis, staph etc...)

atlbrvfan

Awards
"Achy bones/joints. fever, cold chills, night sweats, nasuea, loss of appetite...sounds fun huh?? :D"

I would say that sums up how I have felt. My legs have hurt. Shoulders, arms, etc. Nasuea. I have felt this way for about 5 days. Think I may be about to get over it?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
do all forms of test cause this? What week does this kick in when on a test cycle?

atlbrvfan

Awards
Well I am on my 3rd week and it has been going on for a few days. It sucks!!!!

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
if your going to get test flu you will get it based on when the test kicks in in my experiences at least.

Yes I believe you can get it with all forms of tests...correct me if i'm wrong (glen, beez, you know the smart guys, lol)

Prop for me would hit me about 3-4 days in and enanthate always hit me between weeks 3 and 4...most of the sides subsided within a few days(3-5)

regards,
COTC

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
do you still lift even though you have it? How can you tell the difference between test flu and a real flu(infection)

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
well...I always attempted to lift through but your workouts are usually **** because you feel like ****, lol.

The difference between test flu and an infection has to be monitored according to the injection site...if it becomes warm to the touch, redness, red lines, swelling etc will distinguish a flu caused by an infection where as with test flu you have all of the synptoms with no injection site problems.

Another thing that is hard is eating when you have test flu...for those 4 or 5 days i usually find it difficult to cram 2000 calories down

regards,
COTC

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
so if an infection occured, should you go to your Dr? What the hell would you tell your Dr.? What about the injection causes the infection?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I only run prop anymore, so my experience is the flu usually kicked in around day 4 or 5 for me also. after that, it usually reoccurs for a brief period (say 4-6 hours) post injection. I always do EOD shots that's why. I still train through it though...doesn't seem to inhibit my progress except the appetite loss factor...but like I said, it's very short lived as the cycle progresses.

UT, if you find out you may have an infection, I would go to the doc and say that you were injecting B12. will probably get you around the AAS issue.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody made it through a test cycle without getting the flu? If so I'd be interested to know what else you were taking that could've possibly prevented the flu.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
people definitely go through and don't get the flu .. i'm not one of them .. i wouldn't even try to train through it

i never experience it post injection after prop like lifted was saying though

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
Has anybody made it through a test cycle without getting the flu? If so I'd be interested to know what else you were taking that could've possibly prevented the flu.
Chlor-trimeton (anti-histimine), 2-4 mgs every 4-6 hours during the first week of prop works very well at staving off the test-flu. At least for a friend I know it did the trick. He used to get the t-flu like a train schedule- 3-4 days for prop and around week 3 for cyp. He took the antihistimine during a prop cycle from day 1-10 and a benadryll at night and no t-flu.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's right man...I forgot all about that. Bump what acudoc said, some vets on some other boards have also said that some Benadryl seems to do the trick. I haven't tried it myself yet, cause I keep forgetting. Worth a shot...