3,500 Cals a day too easy

Haza25

Haza25

Awards
Hi guys I'm running a tren e cycle and currently eating around 3,500 clean calories a day mainly coming from lean meats, oats, veggies and rice etc. however I'm finding it very easy to consume this amount of food which could be due to my very active lifestyle would I be ok upping my calories without gaining any unwanted body fat? Thanks guys

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
It's process of elimination bro, up your cals and if I'm a week or two you can see some fat, bring them down a bit and keep rolling with it! Tren would make it pretty hard to accumulate much fat unless you're really pushing 800-900 above your TDEE

Haza25

Haza25

Awards
Thanks mate I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi guys I'm running a tren e cycle and currently eating around 3,500 clean calories a day mainly coming from lean meats, oats, veggies and rice etc. however I'm finding it very easy to consume this amount of food which could be due to my very active lifestyle would I be ok upping my calories without gaining any unwanted body fat? Thanks guys
Are you seriously asking us this? You just told us:

1) You're on a Tren cycle
2) You are eating 3500 clean calories
3) Its easy to do, implying that you are still hungry
4) You have a very active lifestyle

And you want to know if its ok to increase calories? There is so much that is weird about this thread. I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, so please, imagine a light-hearted comedian saying all of this...

Your not afraid of pinning Tren but you are overly cautious about increasing calories, in fear of getting fat and you pretty much covered all the facts as to why you need to increase calories. It just seems strange. I feel like this thread isnt about needing info to make a good decision (you already have that) but really its about lacking trust in your own judgment about diet. I know at least 20 guys in my gym like that. They ask questions left and right but just wind up woth analysis paralysis and literally need someone to get ugly with them about what to do, lol. Just try something in small increments and make notes. You'll learn what to do as you go.

Unless of course you are wanting to cut up, in which case being slightly hungry all the time is ideal.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
^^ Agreed. Life is simple, you make choices and don't look back ;) Up the Cals and see how it works. You could run some Cardarine if you're worried about fat gain. I have added Cardarine into my PCT and it's the best PCT ever, but I will do a full write up in about 2 weeks.

Haza25

Haza25

Awards
I know lads I'll up my cals and see how it goes if I seem to see any fat gain I'll just cut down a little and see how it goes

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just make sure you keep washing your calories so that they are clean.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know lads I'll up my cals and see how it goes if I seem to see any fat gain I'll just cut down a little and see how it goes
That's the best thing to do as everyone is different so you just have to try it out and if you start to gain unwanted fat then back it off.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Uh I call bs. I am a very active person and I have trouble putting away 3800-4000 100% clean calories. My guess is that your not eating clean.

Clean is all whole and fresh food. Nothing precooked, frozen or processed.You'd be amazed at what 1000 calories of rice looks like.

Plus, the chances of gaining fat while eating clean and being very active is reaaaally small.

Last edited:
fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh I call bs. I am a very active person and I have trouble putting away 3800-4000 100% clean calories. My guess is that your not eating clean.

Clean is all whole and fresh food. Nothing precooked, frozen or processed.You'd be amazed at what 1000 calories of rice looks like.

Plus, the chances of gaining fat while eating clean and being very active is reaaaally small.
This thought was the first one that surfaced in the back of my mind, but I refrained from speaking about it. A true bodybuilder's diet is a tough thing to do even for one full day.

Sometimes, you just have to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are telling the truth. At some point, they will have to come to terms with their denial when the results aren't speaking for their "clean diet". Nonetheless, I have no proof one way or another whether this gentleman is following a clean diet. That said, given my experience with this, and the fact that the OP's questions are so basic, I find it improbable that there is truly 3500kcals of "clean" eating going on. Assuming a normal, low fat, high protein and high carb diet, we're talking 2-3lbs of meat daily with like you said, gobs of rice, potatoes, oatmeal etc.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every time someone uses the terms clean or dirty in reference to dietary intake i die a little. Just stop.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Every time someone uses the terms clean or dirty in reference to dietary intake i die a little. Just stop.
I cry everytime.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I think there are "effective", "marginally effective" and "not-at-all effective" diets and depending on the goal in mind, it changes.