Test results in U.K.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Hey all can anyone decipher this result? Just had bloods done and the receptionist told me my testosterone was 10.3 and this was within normal range. What does this mean or equate to with regards to ng/dl conversion? I'm used to seeing 300-1200 within normal range and don't know what this 10.3 business means. Thanks

P.S apologies Admin if this is in the wrong thread. Please repost if necessary.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Measurement was probably in nmol/L if converted to ng/dl it is 297 ng/dl

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
To convert nmol/L to ng/dl multiply by ~29.4 (some have it at 28.8) so 10.3 would be approx 303 (or 297) so you are at the very bottom end and in my opinion too low unless you are 85, best of luck getting anything done about it as my doc says range is 6.1 to 27.1 / 180 - 800 (in Bedfordshire) and was not interested at all with me at 9.5 / 280.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
If it is 297, just under 300 it does seem at the lower end of male average.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Excellent thanks for the response guys. Not good news obviously but at least I have range to go from here

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
To convert nmol/L to ng/dl multiply by ~29.4 (some have it at 28.8) so 10.3 would be approx 303 (or 297) so you are at the very bottom end and in my opinion too low unless you are 85, best of luck getting anything done about it as my doc says range is 6.1 to 27.1 / 180 - 800 (in Bedfordshire) and was not interested at all with me at 9.5 / 280.
Thanks for your response mate. Do you mind asking what you have been able to do about it? You said the doc wasn't interested

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Also this begs the question. How easy/hard is it to put on muscle with these low test results?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your response mate. Do you mind asking what you have been able to do about it? You said the doc wasn't interested
Done nothing about it at all apart from ensuring diet is as healthy as it can be and trying to keep stress levels low but this has proven to be difficult over the last 16 months since the missus started chemo (22 Dec 2015) after she was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer (Dec 2015) and then secondary Peritoneal Cancer (June 2016), treatment still ongoing until end of June at least

I had a second test that had me slightly higher but still in the low 300s, may look into getting blood work done privately and may go down the TRT route from there once the missus has finished her chemo etc

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Done nothing about it at all apart from ensuring diet is as healthy as it can be and trying to keep stress levels low but this has proven to be difficult over the last 16 months since the missus started chemo (22 Dec 2015) after she was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer (Dec 2015) and then secondary Peritoneal Cancer (June 2016), treatment still ongoing until end of June at least

I had a second test that had me slightly higher but still in the low 300s, may look into getting blood work done privately and may go down the TRT route from there once the missus has finished her chemo etc
Mate I'm really sorry to hear about your partner. I can't imagine how stressful that must be. This of course must have an impact on your test levels and cortisol no doubt. I wish her and you all the best for the future. Do you know if once you have gone the private route and got a prescription from a private doc, you can get the TRT on the NHS for cheaper? Just a thought

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Harder but not impossible
How hard are we talking? I've been training my nuts off with sub par results, hence why I've chosen the PED route. So far only an ostarine cycle and 1/4/Epi andro cycle though.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I am quite happy with current results taking into account everything but at 51 years of age best days are behind me, was in good condition in early 30s weighed ~87kgs at ~12% standing at 5'9" all natural then the kids come along and ended up around 100kgs and 25-30% bf. I am more about staying on good shape nowadays and if I grow huge it'll be a bonus but not my main aim. Currently aim to fluctuate between 73 and 78-80kgs or when the abs disappear!!!

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
I am quite happy with current results taking into account everything but at 51 years of age best days are behind me, was in good condition in early 30s weighed ~87kgs at ~12% standing at 5'9" all natural then the kids come along and ended up around 100kgs and 25-30% bf. I am more about staying on good shape nowadays and if I grow huge it'll be a bonus but not my main aim. Currently aim to fluctuate between 73 and 78-80kgs or when the abs disappear!!!
Ok thanks. I'm 37 which is why I'm concerned my results are so low. Did you see my above post about the NHS question?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Do you know if once you have gone the private route and got a prescription from a private doc, you can get the TRT on the NHS for cheaper? Just a thought
I doubt the NHS would do it as I would imagine that they would stick with the same guidelines so even with a private prescription they would say you are still within the acceptable range, you could tell the doctor you are depressed, cannot get it up, no libido and no morning woods (didn't work for me though just questioned my sexuality, lol) or try a web based company called pharmacy2u as they do prescriptions etc which I would have thought would be cheaper than a private doctor

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
I doubt the NHS would do it as I would imagine that they would stick with the same guidelines so even with a private prescription they would say you are still within the acceptable range, you could tell the doctor you are depressed, cannot get it up, no libido and no morning woods (didn't work for me though just questioned my sexuality, lol) or try a web based company called pharmacy2u as they do prescriptions etc which I would have thought would be cheaper than a private doctor
That's a shame. Let's just hope my doc is progressive in his thoughts regarding TRT. I was under the impression you needed evidence of a prescription for online pharmacies?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I think that pharmacy2u do it all from blood test onwards but could be wrong, google them and check what's involved

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Quick update. According to the doc I saw, normal testosterone levels are 6-27 and mine is 10.3. I thought normal was around 9-27?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
If doc does not provide option for TRT due to levels being higher and due to age and test dropping from 30 on-wards you could self administer a TRT dose of Test E, C or cycle on off or even blast and cruise if fertility is of no concern.

I am still 24, so i would not consider staying on e.g. blast and cruising due to it being detrimental to fertility but when i am passed around 34-35 i may plan on staying on a low dose year round to compensate for natural decline in testosterone levels.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
If doc does not provide option for TRT due to levels being higher and due to age and test dropping from 30 on-wards you could self administer a TRT dose of Test E, C or cycle on off or even blast and cruise if fertility is of no concern.

I am still 24, so i would not consider staying on e.g. blast and cruising due to it being detrimental to fertility but when i am passed around 34-35 i may plan on staying on a low dose year round to compensate for natural decline in testosterone levels.
I'm seriously considering this. I don't really know who or what company's to trust with regards to buying legit testosterone though. As you will be aware, there are probably equally as many companies selling dodgy test as dodgy SARMs/pro hormones.