Lipitor during SD cycle

Baumer

Awards
I just wanted to get some opinions on taking Lipitor while on a SD cycle. I know the liver concerns may be an issue here. My Dr. prescribed the Lipitor because of the results of a bloodtest I had done right at the end of a M1T / EQ cycle, which chol. was quite out of whack. A test 2 months after PCT showed above average chol. levels, so all is well now. But, I've read how SD can mess up lipids as much as M1T. I will be using CQ10 and RYR, but I was pondering using Lipitor during cycle to control chol. levels while on.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to get some opinions on taking Lipitor while on a SD cycle. I know the liver concerns may be an issue here. My Dr. prescribed the Lipitor because of the results of a bloodtest I had done right at the end of a M1T / EQ cycle, which chol. was quite out of whack. A test 2 months after PCT showed above average chol. levels, so all is well now. But, I've read how SD can mess up lipids as much as M1T. I will be using CQ10 and RYR, but I was pondering using Lipitor during cycle to control chol. levels while on.
I think the Lipitor and RYR is overkill, one or the other, but the Q10 is a great addition. Add 30ml safflower or flax/fish oil IMO to improve LDL/HDL ratio on SD.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If it was prescribed after a cycle, have you stopped taking it now that things are back to normal? I resisted my doctor's quick fix (Lipitor), took RYR & COQ10 pre/during/post and my cholesterol is lower than it's ever been. Unless your levels were high before PH, why take the Lipitor?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
M1T and EQ???? i take it you mean some form of 1,4ad, and not equipoise, which is what EQ is short for.

Baumer

Awards
ummmm....

could you lay out your cycle please? that is, if you are confident it will stand up to objective critique.
Sure, I did 20mg M1T ED, with 400mg EG a week, with proper PCT of course. I did this because I had both on hand and figured I'd give it a shot. It actually turned out to be quite good.

Baumer

Awards
If it was prescribed after a cycle, have you stopped taking it now that things are back to normal? I resisted my doctor's quick fix (Lipitor), took RYR & COQ10 pre/during/post and my cholesterol is lower than it's ever been. Unless your levels were high before PH, why take the Lipitor?
I took it for a few months post-cycle. I thought about taking it again while on because of the damage SD can do to lipids, but I don't want to compromise liver values too much, that's why I was leary of taking it.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took it for a few months post-cycle. I thought about taking it again while on because of the damage SD can do to lipids, but I don't want to compromise liver values too much, that's why I was leary of taking it.
no evidence that RYR impacts the liver whatsoever.

how long was your cycle?

Baumer

Awards
no evidence that RYR impacts the liver whatsoever.

how long was your cycle?
I meant the lipitor, as far as liver goes.

It was about 6 weeks, I started the EQ before the M1T because of the time it takes to take effect.