Help with first SARMs cycle

D

dirtygainz

Awards
Hey guys so im 22 years old, 167 pounds, and have been lifting and dieting for about 4-5 years now. I have had a few stints with natural anabolics and now have been considering giving sarms a shot (either LGD or Ostarine).

Now the problem is that I do have male pattern baldness and a visibly receding hairline, I really dont want to aggregate it if possible.

I do have finasteride and minoxidil as well as nizoral shampoo on hand but have NOT started any of them. And the reason is I wanted to ask you guys what would be the best way to use SARMs while maintaining my hairline. I would be willing to start the finasteride & minoxidil however I have read that for some reason it ended up accelerating the progression of hair loss when used with SARMs (i think it said due to upregulation of androgen receptors from the SARMs and finasteride).

So does anyone have any experience using finasteride and minoxidil with SARMs and have had success?

To those who have used SARMs with a predisposition to hair loss - did you guys lose any hair?

Also, what is the best and safest SARM for hair? I was thinking LGD or Ostarine but would consider others.

Thanks

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
22 years old and 167 lbs just eat sleep and grow man your young and have plenty of room for gains off diet and heavy lifting.

T

TK74

Awards
Same boat here 22 they say sarms dont aromatize to dht or estro but i have more bodyhair and noticed hair falling/thinning. A legit source of s4 rekon osta will be the same

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally I would agree with the above. No need to run a sarm at 22. I would do a natty stack instead. You'd get good results from say an xgels and anabeta elite stack and it's all natural so it won't mess with your hormones at a younger age.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Same boat here 22 they say sarms dont aromatize to dht or estro but i have more bodyhair and noticed hair falling/thinning. A legit source of s4 rekon osta will be the same
They are still research compounds and cause shut down. Although I never ran lgd it does cause shutdown and is recommended to run with a test base to prevent sides. Honestly check out epiandro/ 1-andro stack very mild minimum sides. Still have an ai on hand and serm for PCT. Run epiandro 750-1000mg and 1 Andro 300mg both compounds are dry gains. Run at least 8 weeks. And they are non methylated

T

TK74

Awards
They are still research compounds and cause shut down. Although I never ran lgd it does cause shutdown and is recommended to run with a test base to prevent sides. Honestly check out epiandro/ 1-andro stack very mild minimum sides. Still have an ai on hand and serm for PCT. Run epiandro 750-1000mg and 1 Andro 300mg both compounds are dry gains. Run at least 8 weeks. And they are non methylated
Suppression yes, shut down no

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Suppression yes, shut down no
Technically same thing in my opinion when it suppresses your natural hormone production it's shutting you down. Hence the lethargy and libido issue with lgd and why people run it with test base to supplement production

T

TK74

Awards
Technically same thing in my opinion when it suppresses your natural hormone production it's shutting you down. Hence the lethargy and libido issue with lgd and why people run it with test base to supplement production
Well isn't there a major difference? havent tried lgd only S4 bloods are fine. The difference being bounce back? I.E. nuts turns into rasins vs no shrinkage?

D

dirtygainz

Awards
Thanks for the reply - however im primarily looking for something that doesnt influence hair loss, and those convert to DHT which is the main hormone causing hair loss.

In terms of suppression I am not too worried, as it seems the consensus is that any suppression on sarms is easily recoverable by a PCT and all hormones will shift back to pre-cycle levels. And I have not read of any persistent hormonal problems/side effects after the use of sarms.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Well isn't there a major differnce? havent tried lgd only S4 bloods are fine. The difference being bounce back? I.E. nuts turns into rasins vs no shrinkage?
I'm not a sarm guy but even s4 be careful some people get some crazy elevation in cholesterol and lipids with minimal gains. There are many guys with more knowledge of sarms but I see it as if your going to have suppression or shutdown the gains should be worth it. Straight up test cycle would be better. Yes it aromatizes but easily manageable with proper ai. What were your gains off s4 and how long did you run it?

T

TK74

Awards
Thanks for the reply - however im primarily looking for something that doesnt influence hair loss, and those convert to DHT which is the main hormone causing hair loss.

In terms of suppression I am not too worried, as it seems the consensus is that any suppression on sarms is easily recoverable by a PCT and all hormones will shift back to pre-cycle levels. And I have not read of any persistent hormonal problems/side effects after the use of sarms.
Stay natty then anything hormnal could result in more free test and conversion

D

dirtygainz

Awards
I am definitely considering the fact that im still young, sarms are supposed to be less androgenic though... so the fact that im young isnt as big as a factor compared to if i was using AAS.

Would you guys agree?

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established

Epiandro/ 1 Andro is very mild and definitely proven to work. Minimal sides and non methylated

T

TK74

Awards
I'm not a sarm guy but even s4 be careful some people get some crazy elevation in cholesterol and lipids with minimal gains. There are many guys with more knowledge of sarms but I see it as if your going to have suppression or shutdown the gains should be worth it. Straight up test cycle would be better. Yes it aromatizes but easily manageable with proper ai. What were your gains off s4 and how long did you run it?
I've always got androsta and arimdex on hand. Havent heard of cholestrol being an issue and its said to help, HDL LDL are great but thats cause im young the only reason why i said ill will try test at 26 another 3 years this basically my gateway with less sides. Results was for a cut 7 weeks with abit of androsta after just incase 4% drop in body fat 9pounds very keepable dry gainz(4years lifting and was 15%). Now going be doing my homework on 1 andro now.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
I am definitely considering the fact that im still young, sarms are supposed to be less androgenic though... so the fact that im young isnt as big as a factor compared to if i was using AAS.

Would you guys agree?
I was in your same boat but waited till I was 29 before my first cycle. And put years of hard work and good diet to get from 175lbs to 205. It's not a race it's a marathon. I would say dial in diet and train hard for a while at least till 25. Food sleep and training is so overlooked unless you have these dialed in not worth cycling and messing with hormones

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
I've always got androsta and arimdex on hand. Havent heard of cholestrol being an issue and its said to help, HDL LDL are great but thats cause im young the only reason why i said ill will try test at 26 another 3 years this basically my gateway with less sides. Results was for a cut 7 weeks with abit of androsta after just incase 4% drop in body fat 9pounds very keepable dry gainz
Androsta?? You talking about armistane? Not really a good ai does help drop some water weight but can kill your joints. So 4% body fat loss and 9 lbs of muscle. If you were 200 lbs that means 8 lbs of fat loss and 9 lbs of muscle gain. Thats pretty amazing to gain that well loosing body fat. Interested in what your macros were for that recomp

D

dirtygainz

Awards
1-andro would definitely be more taxing to my hormones than sarms though right?

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
1 Andro is very mild and stacked with epiandro would be a great stack for recomp/ cut/ or even bulk with proper diet. This is probably the most recommended cycle to get your feet wet. But need to make sure your diet training sleep are all on point

T

TK74

Awards
Thanks for the tip on armistane wasnt the biggest fan either just cautionary thing. 189lbs approx 3kcals

Dirty gainz: dont touch anything you sound very paranoid about hormones nothing ever will not affect them to a certain degree. Stay away from LGD/RAD and prohormones

D

dirtygainz

Awards
since youre the same age as me has your body and everything been the same after your cycles? or is there a big difference lol

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tip on armistane wasnt the biggest fan either just cautionary thing. 189lbs approx 3kcals

Dirty gainz: dont touch anything you sound very paranoid about hormones nothing ever will not affect them to a certain degree. Stay away from LGD/RAD and prohormones
I would recommend natty products like anabeta stacked with mtest. Or even throw xgels in there but anabeta is great for bulking and hunger mtest is great natty test booster which improves sleep, libido and agression. You won't be disappointed doing an 8 week run of Abe/ mtest

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
since youre the same age as me has your body and everything been the same after your cycles? or is there a big difference lol
Dude eat lift sleep and do some research. Definitely hit up some natty runs before you dive in hormonal products. What's your goals? Cut, bulk, recomp? I'll tell you a natty stack for any of these that will help

D

dirtygainz

Awards
I mainly want to add size and gain strength - ive had a stack with ABE, x-factor and slin sane and honestly was pretty disappointing for the amount of money i spent not much of a difference. And i was eating at about a 600 calorie surplus

T

TK74

Awards
Dude eat lift sleep and do some research. Definitely hit up some natty runs before you dive in hormonal products. What's your goals? Cut, bulk, recomp? I'll tell you a natty stack for any of these that will help
+1 ^ ARA no bs product

Dirtygainz: Look its not a crazy diffrence but its better then wasting it on **** bs supps the bigger differences that you're after yeild sides. Keep grinding. I got lucky you might not in terms of not lowering test levels with milder sarms but its not crazy edge anyway bigger effects yeild more sides.
Depends on goals and commmitment

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
I mainly want to add size and gain strength - ive had a stack with ABE, x-factor and slin sane and honestly was pretty disappointing for the amount of money i spent not much of a difference. And i was eating at about a 600 calorie surplus
Size and strength eat more a 3-5g of creatine monohydrate everyday. I'm a hard gainer and untill I learned to eat and track my diet I was not making progress. Food is your best friend lots of protein complex carbs and healthy fats

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
+1 ^ ARA no bs product

Dirtygainz: Look its not a crazy diffrence but its better then wasting it on **** bs supps the bigger differences that you're after yeild sides. Keep grinding. I got lucky you might not in terms of not lowering test levels with milder sarms but its not crazy edge anyway bigger effects yeild more sides.
Depends on goals and commmitment
I would say stay natty and eat like a monster and change training style PHAT, German volume are two progressive styles that will had size.

T

TK74

Awards
After studying 1 andro theres no chance in hell id run that over the bigger sarms such as lgd or rad

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Sides seem to be greater then on bloods then any sarm even lgd/rad either of which shouldnt touch hdl and ldl id rather run test e or low var
That's crazy 1 Andro is non methylated and very mild virtually no sides when stacked with dhea, 4ando, epiandro base

W

wrugg08

Awards
LGD will tank your Hdl in a week especially after 4 wks. Also, causes suppression. I am on TRT and HCG and get bloodwork every 3-4 months. Even while on HCG i notice suppression more so than a small cycle of test. That said, if you dare go the LGD route take it with GW, which will help keep your HDL up. Best bet imo is Osta, mini pct and you will be good.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The OP is 22. The best advice is to stay natty until 25 minimum and not mess with one's HPTA.

To your point about HDLs bounce back, but use on cycle support just like with any harsh compound, and getting pre-intra-post bloods do help one gauge where they are at and what needs to be adjusted.

T

TK74

Awards
LGD will tank your Hdl in a week especially after 4 wks. Also, causes suppression. I am on TRT and HCG and get bloodwork every 3-4 months. Even while on HCG i notice suppression more so than a small cycle of test. That said, if you dare go the LGD route take it with GW, which will help keep your HDL up. Best bet imo is Osta, mini pct and you will be good.
Thanks buddy horry **** even on hcg? no plans on running it anytime soon then however have you tried rad?

Osta will be next i ive given myself a 5 week break after my finishing s4. Was going to stack gw with it but ill leave it for the lgd run

U

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys so im 22 years old, 167 pounds, and have been lifting and dieting for about 4-5 years now. I have had a few stints with natural anabolics and now have been considering giving sarms a shot (either LGD or Ostarine).

Now the problem is that I do have male pattern baldness and a visibly receding hairline, I really dont want to aggregate it if possible.

I do have finasteride and minoxidil as well as nizoral shampoo on hand but have NOT started any of them. And the reason is I wanted to ask you guys what would be the best way to use SARMs while maintaining my hairline. I would be willing to start the finasteride & minoxidil however I have read that for some reason it ended up accelerating the progression of hair loss when used with SARMs (i think it said due to upregulation of androgen receptors from the SARMs and finasteride).

So does anyone have any experience using finasteride and minoxidil with SARMs and have had success?

To those who have used SARMs with a predisposition to hair loss - did you guys lose any hair?

Also, what is the best and safest SARM for hair? I was thinking LGD or Ostarine but would consider others.

Thanks
I would go with LGD. I have never had any hair problems running it and Im sensitive to DHT. Make sure you get some Nolva or Clomid for PCT cause it will suppress you plenty!

A

Alistair_

Awards
Don't mess with taking finasteride, it will hinder your gains and mess with your penis. Start saving your money for a hair follicle transplant and don't worry about it for now.
I have had some hair loss with LGD 4033.

I agree that you should stay natural for now.
Take the basics like creatine and protein powders for when eating meat isn't convenient. A good supplement to use intra-workout is Tri-Pep BCAA's. It took my recovery to a new level. Don't overdose it though. I messed with prohormones when I was in my early 20's and I wish I hadn't now.