TestE cycle into cutting (first cycle)

gux90

Awards
I'm currently in my last week of my first cycle.

1-12 Test-E at 500mg week with Anastrozole 0.5mg EOD

Going to wait around 2 weeks after last pin and then start with the basic PCT Nolva 40/40/20/20.

Just wanted to know ur opinions about this cycle, since its my first, and wanted to ask what is the best time to start cutting? I'm thinking about reducing calories in this last week, since I still have test in my body and it might prevent muscle loss and then keep the cut going until I reach my desired bf%.

I'm 5'10 77kg pre cycle and 86kg atm at around 11-12%, was eating in the 3000-3300 calories range during the cycle and I'm thinking about slowly dropping now, starting at 2700calories and adjusting from there.

Thanks in advance!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If I were you I would spend a few months trying to maintain the new muscle. You absolutely do not wanna start cutting during PCT cus I can guarantee you that you will loose everything you gained

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lots of pros and cons to this OP, and youll get varied opinions as to what is "best".

The general advice is to avoid reducing kcal intake going into PCT, for what I take to be fairly obvious reasons. Personally, I dont think this is necessarily a bad idea if youre following some basic principles and practices. But, really, PCT should ideally be about maximising recovery in the very broadest sense of the term, and a kcal restrictive environment works against that goal to some degree.

Ultimately the risk and cost:benefit is something you have to decide upon for yourself, cos its obviously your gainz at stake. But, something to consider is just how "urgent" you feel cutting is. Is it something you just cannot delay for a month or two until your body has readjusted to the absence of exogenous testosterone? Life does go on of course, but in some ways the longer you can hold any on-cycle gains you have made, the better.

gux90

Awards
Personally, I dont think this is necessarily a bad idea if youre following some basic principles and practices. But, really, PCT should ideally be about maximising recovery in the very broadest sense of the term, and a kcal restrictive environment works against that goal to some degree.
Thanks for the input, which principles and practices you think are the most important if I decide to reduce calories/start cutting at the last week of cycle and PCT?

And btw, nolva at 40/40/20/20 is enough for this kind of cycle right? Starting 2 weeks after last injection, since its a long esther

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your body likes normalcy, the longer you try to maintain or even continue to build muscle the easier it is to hold on to that size, I would wait a month or 2 after PCT. Also if my math is correct 86kg is about 185? Why do you wanna cut in the first place?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And yes, 40,40,20,20. 2 weeks or so after last injection.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
IMO don't cut right now. Keep your caloric intake up, keep anabolism up, and maintain strength and size. The last thing you want to do is force your body to deal with a calorie deficit when it's trying to re establish hormonal balance.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the input, which principles and practices you think are the most important if I decide to reduce calories/start cutting at the last week of cycle and PCT?
Nah, as you can see the sheep start getting unsettled when you challenge their dogmas.

If you really really truly MUST start reducing bodyfat ASAP, itd be much "safer" to eat at maintanence through PCT and introduce something that migt encourage a recomp environment (say follidrone 2, or a gda) and a fatburner. Id personally carb cycle through the week as well. Up to you though if, when, how you tackle this.