Minoxidil (Rogaine) for protecting the hairline during cycle

ManOfTheNorth

Awards
How efficient is it during a cycle? I noticed last year that my hair has started thinning. I've been on minoxidil for half a year now and it fixed it.

I'm planning a cycle with 1-andro, 4-andro and epiandro. I wonder if it will destroy my hairline regardless of the minoxidil. Well, if the hair has to go, it has to go :D.

pswain1

Awards
Don't think rogaine helps with receding hair lines, only with thinning on the top. If your receding you need propecia but if it's already gone it's not coming back.

lstatum1s

Awards
I was under the impression that once you started rogaine there was no coming back, had to continue using it for life.

ManOfTheNorth

Awards
Yeah, there is no coming back. It's for life. I'm not willing to castrate myself with finasteride, but I could add nizoral shampoo.

I was thinning both on the top and the hairline before I started minoxidil. I think it states in the product description that is only helps on the top, because they didn't research its effects on the hairline.

lstatum1s

Awards
Yeah, there is no coming back. It's for life. I'm not willing to castrate myself with finasteride, but I could add nizoral shampoo.

I was thinning both on the top and the hairline before I started minoxidil. I think it states in the product description that is only helps on the top, because they didn't research its effects on the hairline.
I used nizoral during an epi/11KT run and I could tell it helped. Just make sure you leave it in for a few minutes with each use.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Don't think rogaine helps with receding hair lines, only with thinning on the top. If your receding you need propecia but if it's already gone it's not coming back.
I believe it helps with any hair growth, it's just not approved for regrowth other than on the top. I use it on the front and I'm 99% sure it works.

I'd use rogaine but also something to remove androgens from the scalp like Nizoral 2% shampoo.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have used Dutasteride,Rogaine and keto schampoo for years with good results but on cycle with some PH/DS it doesn't work.
The only compounds that doesn't affect my hair is 4-Chloros like P-mag,Hdrol,Clostebol.