BPC 157 Log for Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Starting this kinda late, almost 6 weeks post op but I figure someone out there wants it.

Surgery:
Arthroscopic R Shoulder Stabilization

Surgery was performed Feb 27th

BPC dosing protocol:
Week 1: .5ml (.83 mg) 1x ed as close as gauze could allow
Week 2: .3ml (.503 mg) 1x ed next to insicon sites
Week 3: same as week 2
Week 4: same as week 2
-Started PT
Week 5: .1ml (.167mg) 2x a day near painful sites

PT is as follows:
3 sets
10 reps isometric internal shoulder rotation (hold for 5 seconds)
10 reps isometric external shoulder rotation (hold for 5 seconds)
10 reps of table slides-flexion
10 reps supine wand rotation
10 reps Scapular clocks

Ice for 15 min

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Results so far, end of week 5
Overall I'm estatic, I'm almost entirely pain free except for some general tightness in the shoulder and external rotation is still limited at 45°. Way ahead of schedule tho which makes me extremely happy considering I haven't even gotten the sling removed yet. Shoulders extremely weak tho, while BPC has promoted healing, it didn't help with the shoulder atrophy aspect (didn't expect it would). Generally everything's just tight as a mother ****er right now but my therapist laughs and says I'm doing too good for my own good, which is true. Some days I even forget I'm wearing a sling till I try to move my shoulder too much.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I have bought a season pass to this ride. Hope it works great subbed

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have bought a season pass to this ride. Hope it works great subbed
Already working out great, just gotta see how much of an improvement it makes. Thanks for subbing brother

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Woke up today a little sore, probably rolled over on my shoulder last night. Nothing terrible tho by any means. ROM is still there, hasn't decreased again like it did the first few days. Pinned .1 ml of BPC this morning anterior right delt. Getting some minor bruising from pinning so often but nothing crazy.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep fighting brother! You will get to 100% again. Be good to your body, cheer up over small changes.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
PT (self) today felt really good have a lot more strength back in my internal rotations and I have more ROM when doing my table slides as well.

Decided to dose .1 ml BPC with .4 bac water because hairygrandpa says it's better. Might make a difference, who knows. Took some anti inflamitory pills I had left if from surgery, they def help keep inflammation which allows the BPC to work better (I assume).

Hella stressed out, lotta **** on my plate so I'm glad something is going right.

TN Lift

Awards
What surgery was done? I had arthroscopic distal clavicle excision 3 months ago and still recovering. Interested to see the benefits here!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What surgery was done? I had arthroscopic distal clavicle excision 3 months ago and still recovering. Interested to see the benefits here!
Just general Stabilization for the most part fixed some other minor things as well

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you went with the arthroscopic instead of the open surgery.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good to see you went with the arthroscopic instead of the open surgery.
Yeah it mostly came down to the fact that I needed work done both anteriorly and posteriorly. They figured open wasn't as effective in that regard tho it would have a higher long term success rate, it was minimal in the long run.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it mostly came down to the fact that I needed work done both anteriorly and posteriorly. They figured open wasn't as effective in that regard tho it would have a higher long term success rate, it was minimal in the long run.
My shoulder had a lot wrong with it, but it was either not nearly as bad as yours or our docs have completely different approaches to recovery. He wanted me out of the sling after the first 24 hours. He wanted me in PT 5 days post surgery.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My shoulder had a lot wrong with it, but it was either not nearly as bad as yours or our docs have completely different approaches to recovery. He wanted me out of the sling after the first 24 hours. He wanted me in PT 5 days post surgery.
Out of the sling a day after surgery is dangerous. It's mostly to keep you safe from other people not yourself. If you get in a wreck or fall, it's to protect the shoulder.

But I was in therapy a week and a half after my surgery as well, but I went a little late.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had my labrum reattached so it takes 4 weeks for everything to scar down and the labrum to re attach bf the sutures to dissolve. I could have gone to PT 1 week post but they couldn't move it till week 4
Out of the sling a day after surgery is dangerous. It's mostly to keep you safe from other people not yourself. If you get in a wreck or fall, it's to protect the shoulder.

But I was in therapy a week and a half after my surgery as well, but I went a little late.
Yeah sling is honestly a life saver. If I didn't have it I'd be in a **** ton of pain cause I'd try to use my arm. **** still hurts trying to actively move it

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BPC was dose at .1ml again today with .4 ml bac water. For some reason PT was hella ****ing easy today. I mean I have gained a lot of internal rotation strength and I'm at 45° external rotation now. Still can't lift my arm or shoulder on my own, way too painful, but I can easily do table slides now. Feel like the Bac water is helping some how but it might just be in my head too. I go back to the PT tomorrow tho so I should get some new exercises and stuff! Also taking 500 mg of some anti inflammatory I have left over from surgery and it's hella helpful in heeling swelling down.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Bro i just read it and between you and HGP, I'm considering having my surgery done. Hopefully you'll make a full recovery faster than expected so you can get your ass back in the gym.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bro i just read it and between you and HGP, I'm considering having my surgery done. Hopefully you'll make a full recovery faster than expected so you can get your ass back in the gym.
Been doing PT for 2 weeks and I can already fully internally and 45° externally rotate my arm with no pain. **** is like crack, I'm addicted now.
Lifting my arm is a different story tho cause it's all weak af. PT will be fun tho. At week 6 I should still be doing what I'm doing now for another 2 weeks, till week 8, the week 8-10 is returning to normal full rom then 10 and on is strengthening.

ewill

Awards
Thinkin about taking the dive on this stuff. I feel like I've spent more time reading about it than I'll be taking it. Lol...so you think it's definitely helping then I guess?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry for not posting yesterday guys, I feel asleep early. I went in for PT, did some ROM stuff, using a band now for internal rotation strengthening.

PT yesterday was just rom stuff, my trap is super tight, my ribs are all messed up, and my sternoclavicular joint is frozen. She worked on all that yesterday but it's going to take time.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No PT today, went in to see my surgeon, he assessed my ROM, I can lock my fingers together and lift my arm all the way above my head. A little tight and a bit painful but after doing it a few times the pain goes away and do does the tightness.

He was extremely surprised i was able to get to 160° forward flexion, not quite 180° (arms above head fully) but very very close.

Also no BPC today, didn't want anything suspicious for my surgeon. I'll be starting again tomorrow along with more anti inflammatories

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Hey Choc where do you pin in relation to what was fixed? My leg was rebuilt with titanium from knee down. Tendons are the worst healers so I've been going under knee cap near ACL and by interior Ham tendon as well as ACL bellow knee on the front of shin. been pinning 29g but might go to a 26g for acl under knee cap. How deep are you going?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No PT today, got my sling off. .1 cc BPC lateral head of my delt. Feeling good and have 160° flexion so far

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey Choc where do you pin in relation to what was fixed? My leg was rebuilt with titanium from knee down. Tendons are the worst healers so I've been going under knee cap near ACL and by interior Ham tendon as well as ACL bellow knee on the front of shin. been pinning 29g but might go to a 26g for acl under knee cap. How deep are you going?
I pin basically right next to the scars, or in to the parts that are painful so lateral delt because it's sore and weak. And then I'll pin anteriorly next to the scars some other days

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I pin basically right next to the scars, or in to the parts that are painful so lateral delt because it's sore and weak. And then I'll pin anteriorly next to the scars some other days
Ever want to use a 25g and go really deep? wish 29g came in 1" long

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ever want to use a 25g and go really deep? wish 29g came in 1" long
I use a 23 1 inch and I go roughly .5-.75 inches in. Don't think I have enough muscle to go an inch in anymore and I don't wanna hit any rotator cuff muscles

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I use a 23 1 inch and I go roughly .5-.75 inches in. Don't think I have enough muscle to go an inch in anymore and I don't wanna hit any rotator cuff muscles
Weren't you using 20g before? Or was that the test awhile back?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Aight so I feel asleep mad early last night.

Didn't do all of my PT, I moved my shoulder around a lot the whole day going to a NCSM convention so it was pretty sore. Put .1 ml BPC in it last night before bed. Woke up and honestly feeling great. I have a lot more ROM, the more I move it the easier it gets. I'm up to 90° forward flexion unassisted and 160° assisted with my other arm. It's like every day I take it I see progress now. If I don't then I don't see progress.

****s insane.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Aight so I feel asleep mad early last night.

Didn't do all of my PT, I moved my shoulder around a lot the whole day going to a NCSM convention so it was pretty sore. Put .1 ml BPC in it last night before bed. Woke up and honestly feeling great. I have a lot more ROM, the more I move it the easier it gets. I'm up to 90° forward flexion unassisted and 160° assisted with my other arm. It's like every day I take it I see progress now. If I don't then I don't see progress.

****s insane.
See what I was saying...BPC can feel like magic sometimes...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Home PT today was hella easy. Almost too easy. Good thing I see her again tomorrow. Still got some pain in my lateral head and tightness in my anterior head of my delt and deeper as well but it's not bad. I can lift my arm higher today as well.

Finally can wash my hair easily with both arms.

.1 ml BPC again, seems like this is a optimal dose when mixed with .4ml bac water.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Home PT today was hella easy. Almost too easy. Good thing I see her again tomorrow. Still got some pain in my lateral head and tightness in my anterior head of my delt and deeper as well but it's not bad. I can lift my arm higher today as well.

Finally can wash my hair easily with both arms.

.1 ml BPC again, seems like this is a optimal dose when mixed with .4ml bac water.
Told you so! :)
Get PEG-MGF, you will be amazed!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
PT today was actually fun.

Messaged out the right af areas in my traps and infraspinatus. Then I did a **** ton of internal cable rotations. Shoulder wants to move forward so I had to focus on keeping it back. Did some cable rows and had to force my shoulder down and back as well, got some minor clicking but nothing awful. Finished up with 15 min of ice then I went home and took an antiinflammatory.

No BPC today, want to see what it's like without it and see if the swelling gets worse or stays the same as normal.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Woke up today shoulder felt fine, the no BPC made a difference tho, a noticeable one. It just generally feels tighter than it does if I use BPC post PT. Pinned this morning hoping it would help out, and it has. Also ROM is going way up, like noticeable changes every day in terms of how high I can lift my arm, how much force I can generate internally rotating etc.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Woke up today shoulder felt fine, the no BPC made a difference tho, a noticeable one. It just generally feels tighter than it does if I use BPC post PT. Pinned this morning hoping it would help out, and it has. Also ROM is going way up, like noticeable changes every day in terms of how high I can lift my arm, how much force I can generate internally rotating etc.
Fcck yeah dude

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gonna revive this to do a 2 year follow up post because this is the only actual log I know of post surgery where this stuff was used with numbers etc so I think it’ll help a lot of people. Also it’s 2 years out so I think a follow up is due.

Starting off with numbers, shoulder healed fine, external rotation limited only about 15° now to 75 and not 90 and overhead flexion limited to 170° instead of the normal 180. So snatching is a pain in the rear end for me, but doable. Shoulder hasn’t bothered me since I started heavy lifting about 6 months ago. Putting up 230 on bench, up from 65 lbs 6 months ago when I started lifting again. Other big things, scars aren’t too noticeable in comparison with scars I’ve seen from other guys who had the same surgery, think BPC played a role in that but could just be genetics.

Bicep tendonitis is a reoccurring issue that BPC hasn’t fixed and probably never will.

BPC isn’t a miracle, it works amazingly but it won’t fix everything. It got me from point A to B in the recovery process very fast, but from B to C where getting more ROM was the big thing and healing wasn’t, it didn’t help there. Healing was faster, no doubt in my mind, but being 2 years and a month ish out, I can say without a doubt BPC played a large role in my healing and getting me back in the gym sooner than expected. Especially since I was told I’d never be able to bench heavy again in my life and I’d be limited to low weight low reps.

If anyone has questions about how I ran it or where I pinned or what times in the day, feel free to ask away. I remember every little thing I did with the stuff including dropping a vial of reconstituted on the floor and watching it shatter.... worst way to lose money lol.

Edit: I did forget to mention that BPC single handedly fixed my bicep tendinitis I had gotten while being stuck in the sling post surgery. It did limit the flare ups when I had them as well later on down the road. I noticed they were shorter while using it vice when I came off it. Stretching alone keeps the tendonitis at bay now for me but when I couldn’t stretch BPC was a life saver. Highly recommend for this one reason if nothing else.

It works.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BPC 157 heals tissue damage very quickly including cartilage.

It’s no miracle, but it is a high step above GH for sure, as far as healing injuries and surgeries.

Did you inject locally?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BPC 157 heals tissue damage very quickly including cartilage.

It’s no miracle, but it is a high step above GH for sure, as far as healing injuries and surgeries.

Did you inject locally?
Per my first post I pinned it as close to the sites as I could for the first few weeks then I pinned where it was bothering me after that, mostly posterior deltoid and bicep tendon area. I pinned 2 times a day, hitting 2 incision sites in the am and 2 in the pm since I had 4 total.