practicing what you preach

K

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
It occurred to me today that, while the party line around here is most definitely "test belongs in every cycle," it seems that people feel free to ignore this principle on certain occasions. In particular, I'm thinking of people who do, e.g., SD-only cycles, justifying it with something akin to "yeah, but it's just a PH cycle."

Let's not fool ourselves: SD is not a prohormone, it's an active steroid. As such, it seems that the advice regarding SD should really be the same as any other oral: don't do an oral-only cycle. Run test.

Clearly, though, this is too simplistic---the results speak for themselves. Everyone and their mother, or so it seems, is doing SD-only cycles and keeping their gains reasonably well (...or are they?). Contrast this with the doom-and-gloom responses when anyone even hints at a dbol-only cycle, widespread claims that gains on such a cycle are fleeting, etc.

You might say "yes, but there's a huge qualitative difference between SD and dbol!" Fine. Can you specify to me exactly what qualities enable one to run SD without test when running dbol in the same manner is so strongly discouraged? Are there other orals that also have these qualities? If such qualities don't actually exist, how is it not logically inconsistent to say "test should be in every cycle... except SD ones"?

-kwantam
(waxing philosophical on account of the clen?)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I have no problem with guys wanting to run an oral only cycle as long as they're not stacking them....and as long as they're knowledgeable, know what to expect, and aren't 18yrs old.

Most of the time, the guys that want to do illegal orals w/o any kind of injectable are wanting to do this becasue they're afraid to inject, want results quickly, or just don't know what they're doing due to lack of research. That's why most here flame 'em because of these reasons.

But like I said, oral only cycles can be great if you got your training/diet down and are using them for the right reasons. I've ran 2 dbol only cycles before just becasue I have so much of it laying around and they were quite succesful.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't particularly like the fact that people run SD only cycles, but as you said it really is qualitatively different than running a dbol only cycle and CERTAINLY very different than running a tren or deca only cycle

with tren, deca, etc. you will feel like ass and lose your libido without test as well as leaving yourself a much rougher recovery period

with orals like dbol, you will find the gains much harder to keep without test in there on the other hand you would likely feel fine without test and recovery shouldn't be too rough

what it comes down to is that test makes you feel a lot better while on cycle, keeps libido up, and makes recovery easier (when you end on test, blah blah blah)

SD is a pretty remarkable steriod and, as far as i'm concerned, not really like any others currently out there .. its an oral that doesn't cause bloating (although i do personally believe it causes a lot of intracellular water retention), doesn't really make you feel like ass, and its gains aren't too hard to keep (this is all from anectodal evidence as i haven't run it without test and i wouldn't)

i'm not sure i can think of another steriod that has the same characteristics of SD making it (in my mind) an OK choice to run solo if you're going to go that route ... with that said .. add some test and it'll be a lot better :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i agree with you, but most SD cycles are only 2-4weeks. It doesn't shut you down too bad (my experience).

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Like Deoudes said, it doesn't shut you down hard, it's why you can keep your gains, also a lot of people who's got their nutrition right keep gaining after SD cycle. Which is a big plus for me.

F

fkngchucknorris

Awards
I was thinking the same thing about the oral only cycle. My next cycle after I'm done with SD only I am going to include test in it def. Injections sound fun to me
:lol:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
^^^
I wish I was that way, I'm a panzy when it comes to injections...lol. The first prick for every cycle that I start I sweat like crazy still...lol. After that it's all gravy again....I still dread doin' it though. :sad:

F

fkngchucknorris

Awards
^^^
I wish I was that way, I'm a panzy when it comes to injections...lol. The first prick for every cycle that I start I sweat like crazy still...lol. After that it's all gravy again....I still dread doin' it though. :sad:
Haha I think I prolly wouldnt like it either but I'd feel unhumanish injecting myself which is cool haha.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
^^^
Just pretend its part of the game. It's all a game.... ;)

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I agree that as a rule of thumb, test should be the base of most if not all cycles... That said, it's just a rule of thumb and not a hard-n-fast rule... and great gains can be had without test. I typically run test with most cycles but have run cycles without test and experience great gains and recovered well. I think that sometimes, some of us want to try and mix things up to see how our bodies react to certain compounds. There's nothing wrong with that as long as the cycle has been thought out and makes sense. 8 weeks of a 17aa oral doesn't make sense, but 4 weeks of SD only does. Just my 2 cents...