EQ / RBC and aerobic capacity

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, looking to all the science nerds here.

So I'm giving blood tomorrow to lower my hematocrit RBC before starting a 12 week EQ run. One of the main reasons I wanted to use EQ was for better endurance and aerobic capacity (MMA). I have read that having a high red blood cell count is what attributes to this aerobic perk of EQ. Won't lowering my red blood cell count be detrimental to my goal ignore high aerobic capacity?

Regards,

drejb

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Well I think that the positive effect of spending blood is due to lowering of RBC is misinformation.
The RBC is lowered after spending blood but not so severe, that huge performance decreases occur.

I would attribute the positive effects more to a neogenesis of red blood cells. A study showed that "Aderlass" (losing blood) can lower blood pressure even after the time needed to fully compensate all losses and linked that to new red blood cells being more elastic.

However I would just measure RBC and only donate blood if it was waaay too high. In conjunction I would measure blood pressure more often and try to find a way to measure heart rate in the night.
Users of heavy doses Epo with exceptional endurance training (professional cyclists) sometimes just have to wake up at night to walk one or two minutes as the heart rate slows down too much.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Well I think that the positive effect of spending blood is due to lowering of RBC is misinformation.
The RBC is lowered after spending blood but not so severe, that huge performance decreases occur.

I would attribute the positive effects more to a neogenesis of red blood cells. A study showed that "Aderlass" (losing blood) can lower blood pressure even after the time needed to fully compensate all losses and linked that to new red blood cells being more elastic.

However I would just measure RBC and only donate blood if it was waaay too high. In conjunction I would measure blood pressure more often and try to find a way to measure heart rate in the night.
Users of heavy doses Epo with exceptional endurance training (professional cyclists) sometimes just have to wake up at night to walk one or two minutes as the heart rate slows down too much.
I have a donation scheduled tomorrow. So you're saying I should hold off? I won't be able to get blood drawn for another couple weeks and was hoping to start EQ Monday. I was donating as a precaution.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Well you can do it, it won't affect performance to a noticable degree for long. But if you are about to do a endurance conpetition in the next two month don't do it just to be sure.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Well you can do it, it won't affect performance to a noticable degree for long. But if you are about to do a endurance conpetition in the next two month don't do it just to be sure.
So the EQ itself won't better my performance in this department?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
The Equipoise will probably rise your endurance a good bit after kicking in wich can take quite long.

The blood donating however won't negatively affect performance for a long time at a noticable degree.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Is your hematocrit already high? If not, I wouldn't donate blood right now. A better time to do it would be 4-6 weeks after you start the EQ.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Paying for bloodwork is not as sexy and exciting as buying protein powder, but, well, y'know...

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Is your hematocrit already high? If not, I wouldn't donate blood right now. A better time to do it would be 4-6 weeks after you start the EQ.
It was low normal when I started my TRT on feb 1st. I've been on 150mg test E a week for about 5 weeks now and haven't had it tested since, so I'm unaware until my next blood draw in may

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Paying for bloodwork is not as sexy and exciting as buying protein powder, but, well, y'know...
Where I am in Canada I can't walk into a lab and ask for blood work, it has to be requested by a physician, and constantly requesting blood work makes my doctor a little apprehensive

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
It was low normal when I started my TRT on feb 1st. I've been on 150mg test E a week for about 5 weeks now and haven't had it tested since, so I'm unaware until my next blood draw in may
Where I am in Canada I can't walk into a lab and ask for blood work, it has to be requested by a physician, and constantly requesting blood work makes my doctor a little apprehensive
That sucks, man. Your hematocrit is probably still fine. It's only been 6 weeks. It would be a waste to donate now. Most people who donate for an EQ cycle do it mid-cycle.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
So wait till about 6 weeks in?
Would be better, because you would lower RBC at a point where its already high and even in the case you go below your average level it wouldn't be as low as now.