SERM question on standalone test cycle

zagsfan20

Awards
This is my first cycle of test. Its test cyp at 500mg a week. I have Exemestane for AI and Clomid for PCT.

Should I get Nolvadex to add to my PCT or is Clomid enough?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Most people say you only need one, I personally would do both. Also I would suggest waiting around 3 weeks after last pin before starting PCT. some suggest two but that can often result in ****ty recover

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
How long is your cycle? I like clomid standalone and a low dose AI towards the end. What matters more is your PCT timing like Cooter Flap mentioned. There's a calculator online that tells you how long you should wait depending on the halflife. Hcg might help a lot during the few weeks between last shot and PCT.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
The synergism of both Nolva and Clomid for PCT is great. You should be fine with just one or the other though. If combining the two of them, there is no need to full dose both of them when doing so. I personally like to run Nolva a couple of weeks past the clomid, for the extra protection it provides (against potential gyno).

Having said that, anybody who is cycling (but especially with aromatizable compounds) should have Nolva or Raloxifene in their cupboard to deal with gyno or gyno-like symptoms that may arise on cycle. May times an AI is not enough, even when drastically lowering estrogen with said AI. The best way to deal with on cycle estrogen issues, that may cause a lump to form behind the nipple, is to lightly use both a SERM and an AI to relieve the issues. Obviously the compounds that are run on cycle will help to determine appropriate doses of both.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
12 week cycle. 500mg per week.
A simple clomid run on that would suffice. Like others have mentioned preference would be a bigger factor for some due to effectiveness. Some bounces back on Nolvadex, some like the combo to cover both base. As i mentioned before I prefer clomid as my go to SERM. I just make sure my source is always legit ?