Do expiary date matter on sarms?

heyboy

Banned
Awards
Do expiary date matter on sarms?

If a sarm, or mk677, cardarine capsules are out of the date that the bottle says. does it matter? in what way

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
As long as they're caps and not liquid and stored in a dark, cool, airtight container (preferably not opened/seal not broken) then they are good to go for quite a while post expiry date. For the record tests done on expired medication 10 years past expiry still held over 90% of the medications bioavailability and safety, if it was not contaminated I.e still in its original packaging. I'm not saying use this time frame as a guide with SARMs but it just shows how long stuff lasts.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Pending it's kept in a stable environment (~65 F, low moisture content, out of direct light) there's only a handful of drugs that will actually lose potency anytime soon.

So they're not going to go bad, or become toxic it anyway. If anything, just less potent. But seeing as SARMS are not regulated by the FDA I don't see what would constitute an expiration date, and furthermore SARMS haven't been made by supplement companies for all that long...

...what's the expiration date?

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Expiration dates on most meds are pretty flawed in the sense that it's a guarantee of 100% potency. If a med drops to 99% in 2 years it's considered expired (by the FDA). So really it's like a better be safe then sorry type thing

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are the dates and what compounds and in what form? Liquid or capped? How were they kept? Too many variables. Could be bunk.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
September
capsule
cardarine
not opened (completly sealed)
stored in a plastic bag in my drawer (cold, dark)

im asking if i should use it up before it goes out of date, or i can keep it longer and use lower dosages.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
September
capsule
cardarine
not opened (completly sealed)
stored in a plastic bag in my drawer (cold, dark)

im asking if i should use it up before it goes out of date, or i can keep it longer and use lower dosages.
Capsules will be better than suspension. I would say 2-3 years as stored, especially sealed still. The rest of the story will be told by you.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
Capsules will be better than suspension. I would say 2-3 years as stored, especially sealed still. The rest of the story will be told by you.
2-3 years after expiary date?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Toss them in the toilette and flush.