Tamoxifen and gyno

craigajones2

craigajones2

Awards
Hi all. After a few thoughts in regards to my situation.

I have been prescribed tamoxifen, 20mg a day for one year because of gyno (not due to steroids or prohormone use). I went to doctors as I am 34 and get periods of gyno that come and go. Sometimes hard and painful, other times lots of puffiness etc. Overall, not enjoying it. Had 2 lots of blood done by an endocrinologist who identified that everything was good except for my testosterone which was at the lowest end of acceptable (free testosterone still good though). So he has prescribed tamoxifen. Problem is the side effects are not good. I have, after only 3 days, had hot flushes, insomnia, headaches, sickness etc. I'm also worried that it is carcinogenic and can cause irreversible damage to the eyes, as well as lower igf-1. All sounds pretty bad...

Myself, I am 34 (touching 35), 15% bf, 76 kg 176cm in height. So is gyno just something I'm susceptible to and will tamoxifen really ever get rid of it? I don't particularly want to take this and risk these effects if I will still have it at the end of a year. I will also buy some daa to help increase testosterone...

Just hoping to hear people experience

Cheers

Craig

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very strange I never have any sides from Nolva. Perhaps your sensitive to it. Tamoxifen has been used for many many years and has been proven safe.

What was your estrogen level from your bloods? Only way to get gyno is from high Estrogen but you said your bloods are normal and if your test is low your estrogen is not going to be high. Something not adding up here. I would throw in some Raloxifene for the gyno as well.

Forget the DAA to increase testosterone. The tamoxifen is going to increase your test a lot!

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Ok, you seem sensitive to tamox but continue a few days more to see if the sides diminish. If not, go to your doctor and ask for ralox.
However, Ralox will not heighten your Testosterone levels.

Also you increase the chance of the whole thing working by adding an AI.

DO NOT use DAA when Gyno is your problem. You just get everything to fluctuate which is not what you want at all. If you want to boost your Test levels do it with a SERM (as you are doing right now) or an AI (which you should add to your SERM either way).

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into raloxifene? worked well for myself, although the gyno was PH use related.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, daa sucks at boosting test but it can effect prolactin and exacerbate your gyno.

craigajones2

craigajones2

Awards
Wow. Thanks for the feedback guys. I have been reading loads saying that daa is brilliant. Also a website, who I ran my problem past (and sells pro hormone in the uk) said take daa but nothing else aside from the tamoxifen.

I will continue with it and hope. I will look into an ai too. Can't believe I need to take this for a full year. Only 20mg a day. Research I have done suggests it's a really dangerous drug...

Really confused :)

craigajones2

craigajones2

Awards
Will Defo look a raloxifene too. Thanks guys :)

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your doctor recommended taking it for a year?

craigajones2

craigajones2

Awards
Yep a full year. Then says if that doesn't work then surgery is the only option... Not funded on NHS. Apparently it's idiopathic bilateral gyno... It's a real pain in the...

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Yep a full year. Then says if that doesn't work then surgery is the only option... Not funded on NHS. Apparently it's idiopathic bilateral gyno... It's a real pain in the...
in the chest?

Ok now jokes aside I would avoid the daa, a serm will be enough to raise your test and as they told you already consider an AI too.

Not sure if its true or not but many guys here suggest that daa increase prolactine which is something someone gyno prone surely doesnt need.

craigajones2

craigajones2

Awards
So, I have some epistane . Does anyone think I should just crack on and take it and see what happens. I have researched taking epistane at the same time as tamoxifen, but it always throws up with using tamoxifen as a pct, but never at the same time. I have this epistane left for a while, as well as a anavar compound left over... I'm just kinds spit-balling... What's the worst that can happen?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Rebound Gyno is the worst actually.

Well of course any organ damage etc etc thats always part of the game would be worse...

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, I have some epistane . Does anyone think I should just crack on and take it and see what happens. I have researched taking epistane at the same time as tamoxifen, but it always throws up with using tamoxifen as a pct, but never at the same time. I have this epistane left for a while, as well as a anavar compound left over... I'm just kinds spit-balling... What's the worst that can happen?
Epistane can lower shbg to the point you get bombed with estrogen. Never take a dht derivative if you already have high estrogen sides or gyno! Never!

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Epistane can lower shbg to the point you get bombed with estrogen. Never take a dht derivative if you already have high estrogen sides or gyno! Never!
This is incredibly good advice.

A long time ago, I developed the start of gyno after adding Proviron to a heavy cycle with no AI. Then, I crushed E2 with exemestane. It was a horrible week.