Taking clomid with normal test levels

Zariph

Awards
Hello

If having normal test levels already, what would happen if yo did a low dose of clomid? would it increase your test to the high end? Or wouldnt it make any difference and would you only see negative effects?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You ever taken a typical natty test booster?

Itll be "better" / more dramatic than that.

Any potential negatives with clomid will be user-dependant. Id stick to 25mg per day max. You may even want to consider an AI with it. But Id certainly recommend bloods.

*Im assuming youve never used clomid before

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What are you wanting from it? It may increase libido but I wouldn't expect anything extra training wise.

pswain1

Awards
My test was 348 and I bought some pharmacy grade clomid and did 25mgs every day for a month and had blood work done 2 days ago, so I will know later this week or early next week if it helped any.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My test was 348 and I bought some pharmacy grade clomid and did 25mgs every day for a month and had blood work done 2 days ago, so I will know later this week or early next week if it helped any.
Interested to hear your results, please post them up if possible

pswain1

Awards
I will, I had about 100 tablets sitting in a vitamin bottle in my drawer and pretty much said what hell, try it and see if anything changes.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will, I had about 100 tablets sitting in a vitamin bottle in my drawer and pretty much said what hell, try it and see if anything changes.
How long before you started was your 348 draw? And, morning or arvo?

Use an AI during your run?

pswain1

Awards
My 348 was taken December 21, 2016. It was taken in the morning just like this test and I was fasted. No AI.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My 348 was taken December 21, 2016. It was taken in the morning just like this test and I was fasted. No AI.
How was your libido the months leading into your run, and then during the run?

Reason I ask is that there are numerous studies on clomid where male subjects have pre-treatment TT levels higher than yours, but are considered suitable candidates due to libido issues.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It will absolutely raise normal test levels. How much depends on the individual. I love running Nolva every once in a while whether Im in PCT or not because it boosts my test and drys me out big time. Usually raises my test a few hundred points

pswain1

Awards
How was your libido the months leading into your run, and then during the run?

Reason I ask is that there are numerous studies on clomid where male subjects have pre-treatment TT levels higher than yours, but are considered suitable candidates due to libido issues.
Libido has been perfectly fine, wife and I have sex 2-3 times a week. I honestly feel like I might have been more aroused during while I was on the clomid.

Zariph

Awards
Thx for all the inputs! Never ran clomid before, not sure whether I want to try 12.5mg everyday og 25mg tho

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thx for all the inputs! Never ran clomid before, not sure whether I want to try 12.5mg everyday og 25mg tho
Most of the studies Ive seen use 25mg ed. But then that is with subjects who are typically secondary, or at least experiencing libido issues. In a patient-doctor setting, treatment would be tailored and involve titration subject to bloods and symptoms.

Imo, fwiw, if you havent run clomid before Id go with 25mg per day and definitely get baseline bloods done beforehand. Id also have exemestane at least on-hand.

Zariph

Awards
Most of the studies Ive seen use 25mg ed. But then that is with subjects who are typically secondary, or at least experiencing libido issues. In a patient-doctor setting, treatment would be tailored and involve titration subject to bloods and symptoms.

Imo, fwiw, if you havent run clomid before Id go with 25mg per day and definitely get baseline bloods done beforehand. Id also have exemestane at least on-hand.
thx!

Zariph

Awards
Will the chance of side effects like excessive estrogen etc be much bigger with 25 ed compared to 12.5g ed? Or is the dose at 25mg already low enough to hopefullt not see any sides

pswain1

Awards
I got my test results back today and my test only went up by 20ng's to 368 and my free test dropped by .6. Not what I was hoping for, maybe I need longer than a month to notice anything. I looked at my bloodwork from 2015 and my test was 420 then so it has gone down about 60ngs in 2 years.

The good things were that my ldl dropped by 100, my hdl went up 16 pts and my total cholesterol was down 30 pts.