Hormone cascade when replacing T long term

M

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you replace T your hpta goes into sleep mode, and the production of a bunch of hormones in addition of T is discontinued.

I know that when endos prescribe T they usually prescribe DHEA and pregnenolone, as these are important hormones produced from the cascade of cholesterol conversion.

Obviously you don't need to supp with estrogens or DHT as they will be byproducts of the T supplementation.

What other hormones are part of that cascade and should be replaced when on TRT?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your body doesn't 100% stop producing certain hormones even when in the presence of exogenous hormones. I don't know where you heard that but it's wrong.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some endos (Crisler does) will suggest hcg as well. Depends on bloods and feelz though whether theyll get you to trial dhea/preg/hcg. As in, its not an assumed necessity.

M

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your body doesn't 100% stop producing certain hormones even when in the presence of exogenous hormones. I don't know where you heard that but it's wrong.
Not sure you thoroughly read or understood my post.
I'm asking which of the hormones in the Cholesterol cascade / or other axis are affected by testosterone replacement.
The underlying predicate being I know not all of them are affected