How to do a log

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
I'm probably (definitely) over thinking this. I was asked to write a log for my upcoming cycle. I don't want my log to suck.

This would be my first log and haven't previously read through any others. I understand the basic principles, such as outlining the cycle protocol and providing updates on training progress and body composition changes.

Do you guys have any tips to provide? For example, what are the elements of a good log, preferred update frequency, etc?Anything that I should avoid so I don't annoy the piss out of you guys?

Thanks!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Cjg bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt angcd3 hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator@UnicornDrpns HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Jebrook halfhuman ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 jakz Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan rtmilburn hairygrandpa DUbz86
Tag these people and the log won't suck :D

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha ^^^^^ this exactly it might get weird and random but we will make it fun and are all nice and helpful

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, take a look at the logs some of the people on that list have done!

Honestly, it really boils down to a couple things, first and foremost is that it's your log, so make it what you want. It can be an all business collection of workout numbers, supplements designed to keep yourself accountable, or it can be a thread where others come in and make comments, post fat girl pictures, make homosexual remarks and there's 1 post about exercise / supplements for every 25 off topic posts. You'll get people following both types, but IMHO the latter style tends to see more participation. Just my 2 cents

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yep, take a look at the logs some of the people on that list have done!

Honestly, it really boils down to a couple things, first and foremost is that it's your log, so make it what you want. It can be an all business collection of workout numbers, supplements designed to keep yourself accountable, or it can be a thread where others come in and make comments, post fat girl pictures, make homosexual remarks and there's 1 post about exercise / supplements for every 25 off topic posts. You'll get people following both types, but IMHO the latter style tends to see more participation. Just my 2 cents
Option 2 please.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm probably (definitely) over thinking this. I was asked to write a log for my upcoming cycle. I don't want my log to suck.

This would be my first log and haven't previously read through any others. I understand the basic principles, such as outlining the cycle protocol and providing updates on training progress and body composition changes.

Do you guys have any tips to provide? For example, what are the elements of a good log, preferred update frequency, etc?Anything that I should avoid so I don't annoy the piss out of you guys?

Thanks!
We are like good neighbors visiting each other.
It's common courtesy to visit subscribers logs too. You may find useful tips, unexpected pics and rants.
:)

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cjg bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt angcd3 hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator@UnicornDrpns HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Jebrook halfhuman ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 jakz Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan rtmilburn hairygrandpa DUbz86

Option 2 please.
^^^Your post sealed the deal. Option 2 is a given now. OP can't fight it. Bahahaha!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, heyyyyy.... check out my log. sorry, not sorry.

i.e,. Peak O2

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for linking the log bro. Enjoyed every second of reading through it. I won't be able to provide as much insight, but realized how much I've been missing out by not following the communities logs. Well done.

If y'all (been south of the Mason Dixon for 3 years) have logs and want to link, please do!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Most grab the 2nd and sometimes 3rd post spot for "final summary" updates, progress photos, and what not. Other than that just lay out where you are in your journey, what your goals are and what supplement you are logging (and how it will fit into your overall goals). Then just provide honest feedback and updates along the way. I think most sponsored logs request (require) at least 3 updates a week, but to be honest I personally am more interested in quality of updates than quantity. Then all the in-between "off-topic" posts are just entertainment to pass the time :)

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Ha! Will get through as much as I can this week. First time seeing a catcus get a hand job, marking that off the bucket list.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tip #2851: Don't let bighulksmash in unless you want it derailed.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or SFreed but both are great guys and are hilarious
I think it's been pretty well established that I may not know much, but I am a funny mother fcker.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for linking the log bro. Enjoyed every second of reading through it. I won't be able to provide as much insight, but realized how much I've been missing out by not following the communities logs. Well done.

If y'all (been south of the Mason Dixon for 3 years) have logs and want to link, please do!
Here is my log, only 115 pages, you will be through it by Christmas:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/277737-hairygrandpas-log-fat.html

Hahaha!
Well, when you're done with hairygrandpa's and justhere4comm's logs (which admittedly contain more actual information than mine), here's mine.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/288412-sfreeds-gettin-strong.html

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Put up vidz wearing undies.....on your head if possible.....

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Logs are simple; just do update every day or whenever you can telling us about your progress, side effects, what muscle group you trained, how good your lift was, etc. I give daily updates on my weight as well when i do logs

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha! Will get through as much as I can this week. First time seeing a catcus get a hand job, marking that off the bucket list.
Logging pro tip # 13:. If you are excessively hairy just shave your abs "in" for The "after" photos. Just ask hairygrandpa. Uber effective for Gainz.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

You can also browse around in the supplement logs section and look at members logs. You can tell the good ones vs the bad ones pretty easily:)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84 loves boobs....so more boobs please :D

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yates84 and jakz approved?? If you post it, they will come

beautiful-busty-women-4.jpg

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
yes from me!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
IM GOING TO APPROVE WHILE RUBBING TD TEST ON MY WANKER

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I'm stealing this post!

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Every man loves boobs but...

Ass > boobs

IMO.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
#1- dont mind the hijacking of the threads
#2- starting it is fun but as the days go on, it can be a challenge, so keep notes so when you can update, you arent all over the place
#3- hijack someone elses log
#4- ask questions on your log and the one you hijacked that pertain to other things, IE the law of physics
#5- have fun with it- bighulksmash is a perfect example- on his 874 pages of a log, 10 threads will relate to why he started the log, the rest goes everywhere else! lol

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
#1- dont mind the hijacking of the threads
#2- starting it is fun but as the days go on, it can be a challenge, so keep notes so when you can update, you arent all over the place
#3- hijack someone elses log
#4- ask questions on your log and the one you hijacked that pertain to other things, IE the law of physics
#5- have fun with it- bighulksmash is a perfect example- on his 874 pages of a log, 10 threads will relate to why he started the log, the rest goes everywhere else! lol
Yesss iam like madonna of am with a sprinkle of Michael Jackson ohhhh yeah baby

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
What can we say.. bighulksmash 's milkshake brings all the boys tp the yard ;)