Which PH's for cutting or recomping?

jmlaheta1976

Awards
I am 40. I am 5'9 199lbs with 20% bodyfat. I told he the guy at my local supplement store that I was trying drop the fat and keep or add any muscle I could in time for summer. He recommend Renegade Methyl Trenazine Shred and stack that with InnovaPharm OstaSamr XT which is Mk-2866. I thought the Methyl was for gaining when you are taking in big calories or could I use it for this also? Or the other thing I was thinking was running Primeval labs tri andro with Olympus labs Super Epi or would you just take the Super Epi by itself? As far a diet I am taking in 1.25 grams protein, 1 gram carbs and .4 grams for fats per pound of body weight. On non work out days I am lowering the carbs to .75 grams.I am working out 4 days a week. I have been doing research but now I am getting myself confused. What do you guys think?

Th3k1d

Th3k1d

Awards
Get your diet under control more before running any hormones. Do a month-45 days in a deficit of about 400 calories, get a decent fat burner (Stimulants raise core temp and kill appetite), and get down with some cardio.

Get your bodyfat down to at least 15-16% before you decide to run hormones. If you don't have the discipline to get that bodyfat down first, you definitely don't have the discipline to run such harsh substances which require perfect timing and support.

You can do it man! Put your mind to it and knock it out!

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
No need for fat burner if you diet correctly and are training. Let the diet take care of the fat loss. I mean maybe u can use a therogenic fat burner to increase energy so u don't feel like **** while dieting.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Try to train your mind to eat for reason and not for pleasure. Once diet is on point and consistent then add epistane cycle

Th3k1d

Th3k1d

Awards
Definitely not necessary to have a fat burner, it just helps with the energy levels, which are the worst while in deficit. It's hard to force yourself to do cardio when you don't even feel like doing anything, haha

Th3k1d

Th3k1d

Awards
Try to train your mind to eat for reason and not for pleasure. Once diet is on point and consistent then add epistane cycle
This.

Try to think of food as gasoline for your body. If you put 87 octane in a vette, you're not going to get a fraction of the potential performance out of it. However if you put racing fuel in it, you're golden.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try to get several small meals per day. Minimum of 5. Law of diminishing returns will kick in around 7 meals though.

Several small meals allow for big macro changes relatively easy and give you some sort of immediate energy to deal with energy levels.

I recommend hefty doses of MCT when the calories start coming down. Refeeds are a good idea too to keep metabolism stoked. I've noticed that it's practically impossible to get fat on MCT oil. The more I take, the narlier I get.

I would recommend something powerful in regards to PH's but take a lower dose. When cutting, you just need to avoid muscle loss so high doses aren't as benefitial IMO if the diet is in check. By being "in check", I mean you need to be consistent. Best PH's I've used for strength and energy while cutting sre DMZ and M1A. M1A at doses of like 15mg/day would be awesome to try and you could probably do it for 8 weeks wothout having terrible side effects. But I'm of the belief and approach that less is more and I'm finally at a point that if I just hit my macros and water intake I'll be strong, full and vascular when I hit the gym, regardless of the gear I take. That reminds me - drink 1.5-2G of water every day.

Also, if on gear, increase your protein to 1.5g per pound of mass and try to get 60-70% of it from whole meats.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am 40. I am 5'9 199lbs with 20% bodyfat. I told he the guy at my local supplement store that I was trying drop the fat and keep or add any muscle I could in time for summer. He recommend Renegade Methyl Trenazine Shred and stack that with InnovaPharm OstaSamr XT which is Mk-2866. I thought the Methyl was for gaining when you are taking in big calories or could I use it for this also? Or the other thing I was thinking was running Primeval labs tri andro with Olympus labs Super Epi or would you just take the Super Epi by itself? As far a diet I am taking in 1.25 grams protein, 1 gram carbs and .4 grams for fats per pound of body weight. On non work out days I am lowering the carbs to .75 grams.I am working out 4 days a week. I have been doing research but now I am getting myself confused. What do you guys think?
At 20% bodyfat, I would just focus on diet and training. Maybe some staple supplements such as protein, fish oil, creatine, and multi as well. You can easily get your bodyfat down quite a bit from diet alone.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
I definitely wouldn't take that methyl trenazine. They reformulated it and now it has 13 ethyl methoxy which I think is better for bulking. It also raises prolactin crazy high in a lot of people.

jmlaheta1976

Awards
What do you guys think of my macros? Ok or to high?