47 yr old Male, first PM cycle help

rkmich

Awards
47 yr old Male, first PH cycle help

Hello All,

New member here, first time posting. I am 47 yr old, been strength training a very long time. About 170 lbs, 5'8", ~12% body fat, great health, eat very clean, training is going ok...But...Definitely starting to feel a decline in performance, not 25 anymore for sure. So was thinking of trying PH cycle to maybe kick things up a bit. But not sure where to start. So many options it is overwhelming.

Need some recommendations...My main goal is strength and just overall improvement in my "alpha" male-ness so to speak...mass gain ok, but that is not my primary goal

I was thinking of a Tr3st+Sup3r-1+Supe3r-Epi stack, but rep from Olympus recommended against that as he is worried at my age natty level will shut down hard and be tough to bring it back. Plus I hear some bad things about estrogen issues on Tr3st. Never had man boobs before, don't want em now!

So, rep recommended 8 week run of Sup3r Epi + Sup3r DHEA...on cycle use Arimicare Pro, then PCT Kings Blood.

What are everyone's thoughts on this stack? And is the OTC PCTs really good enough to bring back natt test, or do I need to make the move to Clomid, Nolva, etc.?

Sorry if I seem ignorant about all this, very new to PH/PEDs.

And is Olympus good brand? Seems to have good rep. There are so many brands selling same PH, hard to know what is legit and what isn't. Super Mandro, Andro the Giant, etc. from Hard Rock also seem like good stuff. As does the PH line from Primeval Labs, Hi Tech, Spartan, etc. Like I said, so much to choose from, overwhelming.

Thanks all for help, really appreciate it!

RK

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If youre going to run andros, Id do sup3r-1 instead of dhea with the epiandro. Better chance of some gainz for the $$ youd be spending.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello All,

New member here, first time posting. I am 47 yr old, been strength training a very long time. About 170 lbs, 5'8", ~12% body fat, great health, eat very clean, training is going ok...But...Definitely starting to feel a decline in performance, not 25 anymore for sure. So was thinking of trying PH cycle to maybe kick things up a bit. But not sure where to start. So many options it is overwhelming.

Need some recommendations...My main goal is strength and just overall improvement in my "alpha" male-ness so to speak...mass gain ok, but that is not my primary goal

I was thinking of a Tr3st+Sup3r-1+Supe3r-Epi stack, but rep from Olympus recommended against that as he is worried at my age natty level will shut down hard and be tough to bring it back. Plus I hear some bad things about estrogen issues on Tr3st. Never had man boobs before, don't want em now!

So, rep recommended 8 week run of Sup3r Epi + Sup3r DHEA...on cycle use Arimicare Pro, then PCT Kings Blood.

What are everyone's thoughts on this stack? And is the OTC PCTs really good enough to bring back natt test, or do I need to make the move to Clomid, Nolva, etc.?

Sorry if I seem ignorant about all this, very new to PH/PEDs.

And is Olympus good brand? Seems to have good rep. There are so many brands selling same PH, hard to know what is legit and what isn't. Super Mandro, Andro the Giant, etc. from Hard Rock also seem like good stuff. As does the PH line from Primeval Labs, Hi Tech, Spartan, etc. Like I said, so much to choose from, overwhelming.

Thanks all for help, really appreciate it!

RK
I would say run Ostarine for 6 weeks and see how you like it.
See how suppressed you are, how long it takes to recover.
I say Ostarine because you'll get to experience the "ON" feeling.
You can get Ostarine and still get all the Olympus sup3r 1 superepi sup3r4 and add them into the osta if you want.
But most will say run one compound.
And to me Ostarine will give you a taste of being on cycle. And a taste of trying to recover from a cycle which sucks and at 47 is really gonna suck

rkmich

Awards
Thanks for feedback. As to running 1andro, again I am concerned about major shutdown. As to Osta, I thought that was quite harsh to run alone and also is it even still available? I thought it was discontinued. And are natty PCTs enough to get back to normal, or is Clomid a must?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As to running 1andro, again I am concerned about major shutdown.
Major shutdown? Shutdown on 1andro is possible I guess, but not as likely as some other compounds. Some "degree" of suppression, almost certainly.

Im not going to try and convince you to take a compound you seem to be reasonably weary of, though.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand your situation. The 47 myself, about same stats as you, but don't have the same results as I used to at 25. If PHs didn't have the hairloss side I'd definitely give them a try. Let us know how it goes.

rkmich

Awards
Not concerned at all with hair loss, most of mine already gone and have been shaving my head for about past 20 years ?...my main concern is shutdown and getting back to normal level and gyno

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not concerned at all with hair loss, most of mine already gone and have been shaving my head for about past 20 years ?...my main concern is shutdown and getting back to normal level and gyno
Most people never do this but you could run just Clomid for a month.
Do you know your test levels?
Clomid would be interesting to run solo and achieve high normal test levels. Then maybe bridge in to a natty stack

rkmich

Awards
Thanks Cgkone...I was thinking about that, problem is the uh, well, how to say...difficulty of obtaining said substance...i have no idea how to do that...I was thinking of going ahead with the Epi + dermal DHEA, but again worried about shutdown using OTC PCT. Which also comes back to your recommendation of Clomid...seems even if I run proposed cycle I should seriously consider a SERM...thoughts?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I'll private message you.
That should be the least of your worries

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Cgkone...I was thinking about that, problem is the uh, well, how to say...difficulty of obtaining said substance...i have no idea how to do that...I was thinking of going ahead with the Epi + dermal DHEA, but again worried about shutdown using OTC PCT. Which also comes back to your recommendation of Clomid...seems even if I run proposed cycle I should seriously consider a SERM...thoughts?
You mean Epiandro ?
1andro and Epiandro would be a fun . youd feel good and get strong.
Probably would loose libido a little.
Yes you would need a SERM
I messaged you.

rkmich

Awards
Yes, sorry, I meant epiandro. Olympus rep and also Strong Supps rep recommended Sup3r DHEA dermal over 1andro as a first cycle...more mild and less shutdown they said...plus it provides test base to avoid lethargy and other sides of a "dry" run...and I got your PM. Thanks!

Your thoughts?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds fun , run it.
Personally I would add 6 weeks of 1 andro into the Epiandro and transdermal dhea. That 1 andro makes you very strong.
But with out it you'll still feel good and have some nice leaning out.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
53 and a little over 6 weeks in on an 8 week 1 Andro / Epi-Andro / DHEA cycle. Loving the strength gains. Run it!!

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
As has been mentioned, 1-Andro is the mover and shaker out of all of the currently available 2-step DHEA PHs. Add in 4-Andro if looking for a bit more size. If you are looking for a drier cycle and are not worried about hairloss, Epi-Andro is a nice addition to 1-Andro. Throwing some TD DHEA on top will be great for energy and overall sense of well-being. A 6-8 week cycle would be best with these compounds.

At your age, Clomid (or Nolva) for PCT is a must. 4-5 weeks at (50-25-25-12.5--12.5 is what I would do for an 8 week 2-step DHEA PH cycle.

I would not personally waste my time with an Epi-Andro/DHEA cycle. Add in the 1-Andro! Recovery from these compounds is easy for most people.

Make sure you have some Exemestane or Arimidex on hand.

Yes, Olympus Labs and Olympus UK are reputable brands.

rkmich

Awards
Thanks all for great feedb ack. Now you have me fully reconsidering and swinging totally to other direction of a full 1A+4A+epiA+TD DHEA run! Of course no way I will do this without SERM and anti-E, that is a given.

What about one of the tri-andros? Seems more convenient if I run all 3, but then I guess you lose flexibility of individual dosing levels.

Can you guys please recommend full 8 week cycle of 1A+4A+epiA+TD DHEA? Including dosages and best brands, on cycle support, and PCT? And is clomid or nolva best?

Finally, what are everyone's thoughts on trestolone?

Thanks again!

rkmich

Awards
Or do I just forget the PHs and run a SARM? I have no idea what to do now. Simply I want most gains with minimal negative health impact. What we all want of course, stating the obvious. Ughh...what to do?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Too many compounds for a first run IMO. Go with 2-3 max. Id do either the 4-dhea or the dhea-td. Lowers cost and possible sides without affecting gainz too much.

Wanna do just 2 compounds? LGD and dhea-td IMO. Simple but effective. Id do LGD over ostarine.

rkmich

Awards
Thanks, understood. What do you think would be better, 4d or Td?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, understood. What do you think would be better, 4d or Td?
Hmmm, 4-dhea will prolly enable greater gainz, but also possible sidez. Td will be milder on both fronts.

rkmich

Awards
Ok, thanks. What are your thoughts on trest and SARMs?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SARMs, Id run LGD over ostarine personally. Bit harsher on lipids and tends to be more suppressive, but better gains.

Trest, like tren, not a first cycle compound. Its some grunty sh1t, and will shut you down hard in most cases.

rkmich

Awards
Nac...thanks...did some research on trest...yikes, that is some serious stuff. Seems shutdown is extreme. Better stay away. Back to SARM discussion...
What would LGD cycle look like? 4 weeks, 8 weeks, etc? Run with other PH or alone? Clomid a must for PCT?

Thanks

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nac...thanks...did some research on trest...yikes, that is some serious stuff. Seems shutdown is extreme. Better stay away. Back to SARM discussion...
What would LGD cycle look like? 4 weeks, 8 weeks, etc? Run with other PH or alone? Clomid a must for PCT?

Thanks
Cycle length for LGD? 8 weeks minimum, maybe 10. If going 10-12 weeks Id urge pre-cycle and 8 week blood panel to check lipids in particular. Doing bloods is ideal regardless but prolly even more prudent if going for a longer period.

No matter what you choose, get a bicep cuff monitor to check BP.

Given your circumstances Id run it with a dhea-td or something like epiandro. LGD is good enough you dont really need much else to see gains. But I wouldnt go solo with it, lethargy will likely prove too debilitating.

You could run some sort of on-cycle support but ultimately a "good" diet of the right foods and plenty of water will prove most effective.

Pretty much any cycle, Id have an AI like exemestane in my stash.

PCT, yes clomid or nolva.

So all youd really need to purchase "supp" wise is:

LGD
DHEA-td/epiandro
Exemestane
Clomid/nolva

LGD dosing, will depend on what product you get. And hopefully its legit. Generally speaking, maybe try approx 5mg for the first couple days to assess any acute reactions (BP largely, but this will be ongoing), then bump to approx 10mg per day. You could go as high as 15mg per day, but you may well find anything in the 10-15mg per day range sufficiently potent.

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
Thanks all for great feedb ack. Now you have me fully reconsidering and swinging totally to other direction of a full 1A+4A+epiA+TD DHEA run! Of course no way I will do this without SERM and anti-E, that is a given.

What about one of the tri-andros? Seems more convenient if I run all 3, but then I guess you lose flexibility of individual dosing levels.

Can you guys please recommend full 8 week cycle of 1A+4A+epiA+TD DHEA? Including dosages and best brands, on cycle support, and PCT? And is clomid or nolva best?

Finally, what are everyone's thoughts on trestolone?

Thanks again!
Trest is freaking awsome! Great strength out the door! But I wouldn't run for first cycle. Also don't run without ai/serm on hand. Also ol is a very good brand. Can't go wrong there. In fact my ol package should be here any minute;)

rkmich

Awards
Thanks all. Just in case I think I might pick up some dermatrest while still available in case I want to run later.

LGD sounds maybe a little too much for first cycle. Maybe run later on. So, think I have settled on 1A + epiA + Td DHEA.

And looks like Olympus and Hard Rock (Strong Supps) way to go.

Can you guys please recommend full 8 week cycle with dosages, then PCT using Clomid protocol (exemestane on cycle just in case)?

Thanks...excited to get this started!

Will do best to log to help out all the other old farts on here ?

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
Everything sounds great! And yes ol and strong are both great! I think you will be happy for your first cycle.

rkmich

Awards
Thanks Bry11! Can you recommend dosages for the 8 week cycle? Bodyweight is about 170

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup your good to go.
Doses are easy just go with recomended.
Except Epiandro. Run Epiandro 500 mg a day at least.
Epiandro needs to be ran that high at a minimum IMO
You'll be fine.
After all this you owe us a log.
The 4 andro worked great for me.
I ran 500mg ED kept my boner working

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
Yeah I would do the epi andro at 500 and 330 would be a great dose for the 1 and 4 andro.

rkmich

Awards
Thanks all, really appreciate the help.

Now you got me thinking if I should go with 4A or the TD DHEA.

Your opinion? No history of gyno, but a little a little worried 4A stronger and more chance for gyno.

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
Ahhh I forgot you were going to do dhea. I would say 4andro. But it's your first cycle. Just try the dhea. I know you were set on that. I've never ran it but I would just follow ol's dosing protocol on that one.

rkmich

Awards
Ok, thanks! And how to dose the clomid? And which is better, clomid or nolva? Should I also do OTC PCT? If yes, which do you recommend? Finally, if I do get the dreaded gyno, how to use the exemestane?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to do this right, or not at all! Far too healthy to screw myself up by being stupid about this.

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
As far as clomid dosing I think you should be fine with 50/50/25/25 for a total of 4 weeks. You could do a 5th if u Wana be safe. I'm not that experienced with clomid though so maybe someone who is can chime in. It seems that clomid is better for pct and Nolva better for on cycle gyno flare ups. As far as exem I do 12.5mg e3d and that's good for me. You can go eod if that's not enough. As far as other pct you could always throw that in to cover other things.

Bry11

Bry11

Awards
Like I said I'm not that experienced with clomid but you should be good with a light protocol. Just make sure you do research on your rc company. There's alot of garbage floating around.

Back2back

Awards
Not looking to high jack but I have the same thoughts on my Ph
I have been reading on OlympusUk
Looking to run this pH for eight weeks
Stats and goals
47 years old
Bmi 28
I do CrossFit 3 days and Gym two days
Looking to add s lean bulk in lean out
Diet is clean approximate Calories a day 3000-3200

Super 3r1 or super3r1 elite ???