11KT 11KTDHT Research Journal Article....a little help?

jshin

Awards
I'm trying to make heads or tales on this journal article.

If i'm a reading this correctly 11KT appears to play a role in prostate cancer. This would be a major shame since I absolutely love cutting with 11KT. Has anyone read anything like this? So far it's the only study I could dig up.

Thanks in advance.

11-Ketotestosterone and 11-Ketodihydrotestosterone in Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer: Potent Androgens Which Can No Longer Be Ignored

11-Ketotestosterone and 11-Ketodihydrotestosterone in Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer: Potent Androgens Which Can No Longer Be Ignored

"Conclusion

This study provides comprehensive evidence that 11KT and 11KDHT are potent and efficacious AR agonists, capable of driving gene regulation, protein expression and cell growth in androgen-dependent prostate cancer cells. The most novel and significant finding is that DHT and 11KDHT are equipotent and are equally efficacious, which highlights the fact that DHT may not be the only potent natural androgen. Differences in the rate at which these androgens are metabolised, with 11KT and 11KDHT being metabolised at a significantly lower rate than T and DHT respectively, have significant implications for androgen-dependent conditions such as CRPC. These findings highlight that not only can 11KT and 11KDHT activate the androgen axis, and in so doing drive cell growth, these steroids have the potential to remain active longer than T and DHT. Taking only intratumoral levels of DHT and T into account, as is currently the case in therapeutic approaches, could therefore lead to a substantial underestimation of AR activation in CRPC. Future studies should therefore focus on determining the physiological levels of 11KT and 11KDHT and assessing their contribution to CRPC as well as conditions resulting in androgen excess such as 21OHD."

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well I don't think they are saying is going to give you prostate cancer, just that it can potentially work on ar activation in CRPC..

meaning if you have this cancer you probably don't want to use this.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to make heads or tales on this journal article.

If i'm a reading this correctly 11KT appears to play a role in prostate cancer. This would be a major shame since I absolutely love cutting with 11KT. Has anyone read anything like this? So far it's the only study I could dig up.

Thanks in advance.

"Conclusion

This study provides comprehensive evidence that 11KT and 11KDHT are potent and efficacious AR agonists, capable of driving gene regulation, protein expression and cell growth in androgen-dependent prostate cancer cells. The most novel and significant finding is that DHT and 11KDHT are equipotent and are equally efficacious, which highlights the fact that DHT may not be the only potent natural androgen. Differences in the rate at which these androgens are metabolised, with 11KT and 11KDHT being metabolised at a significantly lower rate than T and DHT respectively, have significant implications for androgen-dependent conditions such as CRPC. These findings highlight that not only can 11KT and 11KDHT activate the androgen axis, and in so doing drive cell growth, these steroids have the potential to remain active longer than T and DHT. Taking only intratumoral levels of DHT and T into account, as is currently the case in therapeutic approaches, could therefore lead to a substantial underestimation of AR activation in CRPC. Future studies should therefore focus on determining the physiological levels of 11KT and 11KDHT and assessing their contribution to CRPC as well as conditions resulting in androgen excess such as 21OHD."
It will be the same as compared to any other hormone which drives growth in cancer cells. This study is just saying that both 11-kt and 11-kdht are both androgens which have the potential to drive Prostate cancer cell growth, just like DHT.

kahboom

Awards
Is this why OL discontinued production of Sup3r-11?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iron Legion 0
Supplements 16
Supplement Auction 7
Anabolics 12
CATdiesel76 Supplement Auction 7