Keeping cycle gains

Mudveins

Awards
So I'm aware that diet and pct are very important for holding onto gains after a cycle... the faster your test levels come back, the more you keep.
My previous cycle I ran hgh during my cycle and through my pct, and it's was the most amazing results I've ever had and kept.
This cycle however I did not drop the 1500-2000 on hgh so I'm (maybe over thinking) concerned about how to better give my muscle I have added. I know supplements can help, currently I only take: protein, bcaa, vitamins (going to start the zma combo on pct as well), pre workout, and creatine.
Any suggestions what else I could do to keep my muscle gains? (Other supplements, etc)
(I am reluctant to bridge cycles)

canarmy

Awards
I'm going to try very low does ostarine (I know this is mildly suppressive) in my pct.. about 5 mg a day along with nolva and clomid

Mudveins

Awards
I was tempted to run var for the same reason....but then I'm bridging

canarmy

Awards
I have had friends tell me they got good results off of universal nutrition sterol complex and some stacked w ISO stack, it's supposed plant hormones that are very mildly anabolic and anti catabolic, this is just what buddies have said (they did get result but they never had a consistent diet) and what I have read, I have not tried these products

Mudveins

Awards
Are those something you would get online or at a typical supplement store? Also, are your friends in Canada? I know Canadian sups don't measure up to American ones

canarmy

Awards
They were originally only from online stores and supp stores in the states.. but now you can get em online only in Canada.. I am aware of the us vs Canadian supplements but this one is American based.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm going to try very low does ostarine (I know this is mildly suppressive) in my pct.. about 5 mg a day along with nolva and clomid
this is a TERRIBLE idea and completely counterproductive to "getting test back up as fast as possible". even 3mg was studied and shown to be suppressive.

For me, I'm a huge proponent of adding as many natty anabolics as I can afford (and taht stack well) in my pct. I tend to keep just about all but the 5lb or so that's just glycogen or bloat after my cycles so its worked for me.

My go-to items: Xgels + Anabeta Elite + reduce xt (cortisol) + HMB + ai (depending on the cycle either inhibit e - usually - or pharma - if nec.)

this stack has pretty much all bases covered in the building, leaning, and hormonal aspects that will be tough in pct.

I also make diet a priority and eat as clean as possible to ensure a) that I have all my macros and micros covered, b) that I get sufficient, but not over cals, and c) that my body is free of as much "junk" as possible so that it can really clear itself up after the cycle puts strain on everything.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
The above stack is great. I would add phosphaditic acid and definitely mk677. Held 15 pounds of water on it.

Mudveins

Awards
this is a TERRIBLE idea and completely counterproductive to "getting test back up as fast as possible". even 3mg was studied and shown to be suppressive.

For me, I'm a huge proponent of adding as many natty anabolics as I can afford (and taht stack well) in my pct. I tend to keep just about all but the 5lb or so that's just glycogen or bloat after my cycles so its worked for me.

My go-to items: Xgels + Anabeta Elite + reduce xt (cortisol) + HMB + ai (depending on the cycle either inhibit e - usually - or pharma - if nec.)

this stack has pretty much all bases covered in the building, leaning, and hormonal aspects that will be tough in pct.

I also make diet a priority and eat as clean as possible to ensure a) that I have all my macros and micros covered, b) that I get sufficient, but not over cals, and c) that my body is free of as much "junk" as possible so that it can really clear itself up after the cycle puts strain on everything.
I was under the impression you are supposed to eat over maintainence calories on your pct. Is there a site you use to buy all those supplements in your stack or do you use various sites for different things?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You dont "have" to eat over maintanence calories in PCT. Imo theres alot of knee jerk paranoia when it comes to losing gainz during PCT.

Eat sufficient protein
Train as per usual
Dont dramatically decrease kcal intake (ie cho and fats)

Its pretty simple really. Youll prolly still drop scale weight, but that will likely be water and maybe glycogen.

If your SERM is legit etc, you wont suddenly go catabolic. I mean think about it, assuming equal pro intake and so on, why would you lose more muscle eating at maintainence than eating surplus?

Mudveins

Awards
You dont "have" to eat over maintanence calories in PCT. Imo theres alot of knee jerk paranoia when it comes to losing gainz during PCT.

Eat sufficient protein
Train as per usual
Dont dramatically decrease kcal intake (ie cho and fats)

Its pretty simple really. Youll prolly still drop scale weight, but that will likely be water and maybe glycogen.

If your SERM is legit etc, you wont suddenly go catabolic. I mean think about it, assuming equal pro intake and so on, why would you lose more muscle eating at maintainence than eating surplus?
Good point. That being said if you were eating maintence for your weight on gear, once that water dropped you would be eating over maintainence lol.
Really wishing I would have ran hgh... so much confidence in retaining that muscle.
Nac do you have anything particular you take on your pct?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The biggest variable will be protein. If youve got that covered, and healthy fat intake, then I dont believe you "need" anything else supplemental. If you really feel you need some psychological reassurance, maybe HMB (its cheap as a bulk powder) and anything ergogenic that will assist gym performance.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Nothing is "mildly suppressive". It's suppressive. And using during your pct is counter productive.

canarmy

Awards
Nothing is "mildly suppressive". It's suppressive. And using during your pct is counter productive.
Look at average blood tests of 6-8 weeks on osta vs 6-8 weeks of any AAS along with LGD and you will see suppression falls in a spectrum. It have ran it before and wouldn't consider it suppressive at all, bad diet and sleep issues bring my T down more than osta did.. Look at high does cycle and strong compounds, those can be very suppressive and have many complications in pct...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dunno, I just personally dont see a need for ostar during PCT. Whats it going to accomplish that some other "thing" wont?

Id be possibly more concerned about it delaying the improvement of lipids.