No diet control = NO PH OR SARMS

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Ok, so ill admit from the start, this is post out of frustration.

I have grown tired of reading about people running cycles that have never in their life learned to control their diet (or drinking). I don't think a lot of people realize the impact of eating the right foods, and counting your MACS (not Big Macs) can do for you. I hear reports of 5-10lb gains over 2-months on PH/SARM, but man, I can put on 5-10 in a month with an additional shake every night.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel my pain?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, humans gonna human.

Id imagine a fair whack of the dudes who lift and wanna take PEDs will have the attention span and determination to stick with training, regularly, for like a year or two. Its like people who all of a sudden wanna lose weight; they see it as a temporary undertaking and not a long term committment.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Over time people rely more and more on the drugs and less on everything else. That's why you see crazy ass cycles with 3+ grams of AAS. They use it to compensate for poor diet

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Yeah, humans gonna human.

Id imagine a fair whack of the dudes who lift and wanna take PEDs will have the attention span and determination to stick with training, regularly, for like a year or two. Its like people who all of a sudden wanna lose weight; they see it as a temporary undertaking and not a long term committment.
Yea, commitment is over rated, lol. (kidding)

Over time people rely more and more on the drugs and less on everything else. That's why you see crazy ass cycles with 3+ grams of AAS. They use it to compensate for poor diet
This is true, I have run a couple round of stuff myself (no more, #natty4life now), but the diet is on point even outside of the run. There is a razors edge between the world of gains, and crushing your health when you run cycles.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately we live in a "want it yesterday" and if you don't look buff you ain't nobody kinda world, people want results fast. Most ppl don't workout because they like it, they do it to get a physique that will make them look good. And they will take big risks to achieve that, but they will still want to live there normal life, eating what they want, going out drinking all the time. Some get away with it and some don't and end up back at square 1, then they rinse and repeat. Commitment is what's lacking generally , this is one of the reasons the supplement company's do so well. Supply and demand

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Some solid posts so far. Diet, training, and genetics will always be the most important factors to achieving your best physique.

Having said that, I wish people would stop automatically judging the success or failure of cycles based solely upon weight gain. For beginners and intermediates, I understand the allure of scale movement. If you've been training (and cycling) for many years, the scale can barely move and yet awesome 'gains' can be made.

Summer fling vs wifey material... ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
People need to learn the discipline before jumping to AAS/other

I helped a woman via facebook once who jumped on clen with her pre-existing diet and just hoped weight would fall off.

Some might, but then what do you do after 2 weeks when you need to cycle off?... Gain it right back.

Same issue in reverse with AAS.

Dietary control is a life skill everyone can benefit from in so many ways. You can learn to add mass, lose fat, improve lipids, BP, cholesterol, eliminate vitamin/mineral deficiencies...

There is no reason other than the taste of calorie dense food, to not eat healthy. Even then you can learn moderation and still enjoy your food.

I think it's insulting for someone with that little respect for their body to get up on a stage pumped on AAS and pretend they deserve praise for their "accomplishments"

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Some solid posts so far. Diet, training, and genetics will always be the most important factors to achieving your best physique.

Having said that, I wish people would stop automatically judging the success or failure of cycles based solely upon weight gain. For beginners and intermediates, I understand the allure of scale movement. If you've been training (and cycling) for many years, the scale can barely move and yet awesome 'gains' can be made.

Summer fling vs wifey material... ;)
Exactly, my last run I recomped like a mow fow, but the scale never moved.
However, I looked hard as nails, got shredded, and my strength went up.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One part of me says there body let them do whatever
Or]ther part says I like hearing feedback from products and people with crappy diets while running this stuff will give horrible feedback

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
One part of me says there body let them do whatever
Or]ther part says I like hearing feedback from products and people with crappy diets while running this stuff will give horrible feedback
I hear you, people are going to do what they want. We live in a microwave society that wants everything instantly, this is no different. On the flip side, I think common sense says, controlee that burger, ice cream, and beer intake first, lol.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you, people are going to do what they want. We live in a microwave society that wants everything instantly, this is no different. On the flip side, I think common sense says, controlee that burger, ice cream, and beer intake first, lol.
I've been lifting for 20 years and just started sarms last year and working to 1 andro now and think maybe I should still stick to diet and training more first lol

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I've been lifting for 20 years and just started sarms last year and working to 1 andro now and think maybe I should still stick to diet and training more first lol
haha, yea, I did 2 PH runs in my early 20s, one recently, and SARMS once. After this last round, I just decided I'm going to stick to being natty. Just a personal choice, don't really like the idea of messing with my HPTA, lipids, and other sides. Also, realized I can virtually achieve the same thing on 2-months of PH, as I can with a ridged diet (and a natty stack) over 3-4 months.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the big thing im always trying to stress to the people I see who ask about aas but havent straightened their diet out (or think that they're "sssssooooo stucckkkk" losing wight even tho they only went from 25% to 20% bf) is that aas only magnifies what your diet and training do naturally. If you cant gain or lose weight without aas, with it, you're only going to marginally improve. People assume that aas is the cure all and that the effort required is less than regular to get a better result. What they fail to see is that its the same level of effort, but the results will be improved. you cant o less and get more.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean look. If your tracking macros and counting what you eat and the amounts then I feel like (unpopular opinion) you don't have to be super strict with what you eat. The issue arises when people eat too much one day and too little the next or have no idea what they are really eating and the calorie amounts are way high. If you wanna have a burger every night then fine but if you don't know how much that burger is costing you in terms of cals then you have a problem there. But if people know what they are eating then I don't have a problem with it, as long as they are hugting their macros and not over eating or binging.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I mean look. If your tracking macros and counting what you eat and the amounts then I feel like (unpopular opinion) you don't have to be super strict with what you eat. The issue arises when people eat too much one day and too little the next or have no idea what they are really eating and the calorie amounts are way high. If you wanna have a burger every night then fine but if you don't know how much that burger is costing you in terms of cals then you have a problem there. But if people know what they are eating then I don't have a problem with it, as long as they are hugting their macros and not over eating or binging.
Calories, calories out is a good rule of thumb.... but 1000 calories of sugar vs 1000 calories of chicken is going to get processed a lot different (which I am sure you know). I totally agree with the yo-yo food control, that is a struggle for many of us. I try to eat the same amount, but some times, a brotha' just needs some ice cream, lol. Moderation off course.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Calories, calories out is a good rule of thumb.... but 1000 calories of sugar vs 1000 calories of chicken is going to get processed a lot different (which I am sure you know). I totally agree with the yo-yo food control, that is a struggle for many of us. I try to eat the same amount, but some times, a brotha' just needs some ice cream, lol. Moderation off course.
Key word in your post tho, moderation. If you want a soda and it fits then that's all good but you can't have it if it won't fit lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Partied my ass off this year, crap diet and drank way more alcohol than water. Guess what? Strength and body composition fell off and blood work looked like hell. Back doing things right again and I'm magically looking big and lifting big again. Funny how that works....

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
well, ultimately PEDs are shortcuts, so I don't think anybody should be surprised to see new guys that assume that's all they need to make progress.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, ultimately PEDs are shortcuts, so I don't think anybody should be surprised to see new guys that assume that's all they need to make progress.
They shouldn't be used as a shortcut, they should be used to progress further than is naturally obtainable. Maybe some use it as a shortcut but not all.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Partied my ass off this year, crap diet and drank way more alcohol than water. Guess what? Strength and body composition fell off and blood work looked like hell. Back doing things right again and I'm magically looking big and lifting big again. Funny how that works....
That can't be right... steroids just fix all that!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That can't be right... steroids just fix all that!
Haha all they did for me last year is make my bloodwork look bad. Cruised for a long while now back doing things right. A break was nice though.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
They shouldn't be used as a shortcut, they should be used to progress further than is naturally obtainable. Maybe some use it as a shortcut but not all.
I agree 100%.

just sayin, tons of bro's are morons...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll admit I've used them as a shortcut, and will again because of how far back shoulder surgery will set me back. I know I'm in the minority on this, I agree with the above but do as I say not as I do...
I agree 100%.

just sayin, tons of bro's are morons...
*cough* me *cough*

Steroids demand the upmost respect though, don't **** with your hormones unless you don't mind stabbing yourself in your ass later in life. If you can't respect them and the fragility of what everything in your body you're messing around with then you have absolutely no reason to even think about using them.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to view this, but I figured I'd see what you all think. Its (in my opinion) better to be knowlagable with steroids and use them too early Vice using them at the right time but being a dumbass about it. Obviously being knowlageable and waiting is the best option but some of us (me) are stupid.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
it happens.

I had a couple buddies in college who were using within 4 months of when they first started lifting...

I recall arguing with one, explaining that he would have at least a year of solid gains, and he said he didn't care and wanted to be my size right away.

he was...

but he wasn't as strong, so at least I had that going for me....

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
it happens.

I had a couple buddies in college who were using within 4 months of when they first started lifting...

I recall arguing with one, explaining that he would have at least a year of solid gains, and he said he didn't care and wanted to be my size right away.

he was...

but he wasn't as strong, so at least I had that going for me....
I also knew a couple guys that were using in junior high.

one played in the NFL, and one in the MLB. I suspect they would have made it anyway, but it's hard to say what they did wasn't the right thing...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd rather see someone who is "too young" or "inexperienced" who has truly read up, understands, and is generally knowledgeable about the compounds, sides, risks, and benefits than someone who is "primed" for them (reached limit, older, etc) but who knows nothing and just uses on a whim.

IMO the latter is far more dangerous and the type of person that will end up hurt or dead and giving aas even worse of a rep

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I'd rather see someone who is "too young" or "inexperienced" who has truly read up, understands, and is generally knowledgeable about the compounds, sides, risks, and benefits than someone who is "primed" for them (reached limit, older, etc) but who knows nothing and just uses on a whim.

IMO the latter is far more dangerous and the type of person that will end up hurt or dead and giving aas even worse of a rep
I can agree with this, and we have all read the "HELP" post on AM that would back this up. Ignorance is not your friend when it comes to PEDs, and with age comes additional concerns that should be taken into consideration.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can agree with this, and we have all read the "HELP" post on AM that would back this up. Ignorance is not your friend when it comes to PEDs, and with age comes additional concerns that should be taken into consideration.
Those threads are always my favorite! Especially the guys we told not to do something, they do it anyway, then come back trying to fix what they were told to leave alone in the first place. Fun, fun, fun

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those threads are always my favorite! Especially the guys we told not to do something, they do it anyway, then come back trying to fix what they were told to leave alone in the first place. Fun, fun, fun
IMG_1486914347.600009.jpg

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I just read something that was kind of funny... There is another post on AM about drinking 1-2 alcoholic drinks 4x per week on Andros. Basically, everyone said it was cool. Guess I am really going against the grain, lol. Oh well, I think its common scenes, moderation and control are always going to pan out in the long run.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just read something that was kind of funny... There is another post on AM about drinking 1-2 alcoholic drinks 4x per week on Andros. Basically, everyone said it was cool. Guess I am really going against the grain, lol. Oh well, I think its common scenes, moderation and control are always going to pan out in the long run.
That's more than you should probably drink even off cycle if you are really committed to this lifestyle...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's more than you should probably drink even off cycle if you are really committed to this lifestyle...
They like the bloated look, it makes them look bigger than they are ;)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The fuq is "dynabol" hahaha
I've actually seen some chinese pharma dbol go by that name. Seen danabol brand name pharma dbol too. Gotta love it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've actually seen some chinese pharma dbol go by that name. Seen danabol brand name pharma dbol too. Gotta love it.
Haha all I can think of now is the tread where that guy wanted to run "trem" forever. And swore that's what the real name was. Some peoples kids...

Darwin ftw

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Haha all I can think of now is the tread where that guy wanted to run "trem" forever. And swore that's what the real name was. Some peoples kids...

Darwin ftw
I must have missed that tread. Everybody knows that Tranbolone is spelt with an "n".

:]

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Darwin ftw
Yeah I remember that one, then he blamed it on his spell check was in portuguese