High AST and anavar

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

I am currently on TRT (cream)

I got my bloods done a month ago and my AST levels were at 40. I also got my bloods drawn again yesterday and got my results back an hour ago, my levels are now at 45. My ALT levels are pretty low at 22

Ironically I just started 40mg a day of anavar today. Also started supplementing with NAC, milk thistle and grape seed extract.

I don't drink. Or take any harsh meds. Just caffeine tablet every morning

Should I stop my anavar?

Thanks

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Ultimately it's your call, but I wouldn't be overly concerned, it comes with the territory when you're using orals, and if you plan on using them get comfortable with having elevated liver markers, temporarily at least.

NAC helps for sure and actually your levels aren't that bad. I've had >70 from drinking alone (heavily abused alcohol for long periods of time) and been back under 30 within less than two weeks of cessation and cutting back. Your liver is a resilient organ and if you are reasonable with the duration and dosage of your orals you should be fine, or just stick to injects only. Now, if your bilirubin gets out of range or your ALT and AST get very elevated stop immediately and seek medical attention, but a little spike AST in a hard lifter (intense traing alone can elevate this somewhat) on an oral is nothing out of the ordinary

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Ultimately it's your call, but I wouldn't be overly concerned, it comes with the territory when you're using orals, and if you plan on using them get comfortable with having elevated liver markers, temporarily at least.

NAC helps for sure and actually your levels aren't that bad. I've had >70 from drinking alone (heavily abused alcohol for long periods of time) and been back under 30 within less than two weeks of cessation and cutting back. Your liver is a resilient organ and if you are reasonable with the duration and dosage of your orals you should be fine, or just stick to injects only. Now, if your bilirubin gets out of range or your ALT and AST get very elevated stop immediately and seek medical attention, but a little spike AST in a hard lifter (intense traing alone can elevate this somewhat) on an oral is nothing out of the ordinary
Thank you for your response. These are my levels before starting any orals. Will anavar raise levels significantly? I'm attributing the levels to training two a days, and serratus anterior tear.

Does this make sense?

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Yes that makes sense, and yes anavar will further increase both ALT and AST, but nothing too crazy. At least you have some base line levels so you know where your liver was like before orals. Pretty much any effective oral is going to temporarily mess with those, it's almost always a temporary issue and outside of looking at your bloodwork you probably won't even be aware of it or feel any differently unless it gets really out of control. What you need to watch out for is elevated bilirubin or signs of biliary conditions like jaundice or cholestasis, but this is extremely unlikely with anavar alone unless you are doing a very high dose for a long period of time

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Yes that makes sense, and yes anavar will further increase both ALT and AST, but nothing too crazy. At least you have some base line levels so you know where your liver was like before orals. Pretty much any effective oral is going to temporarily mess with those, it's almost always a temporary issue and outside of looking at your bloodwork you probably won't even be aware of it or feel any differently unless it gets really out of control. What you need to watch out for is elevated bilirubin or signs of biliary conditions like jaundice or cholestasis, but this is extremely unlikely with anavar alone unless you are doing a very high dose for a long period of time
What are the signs?

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Well jaundice is one, yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes. Extremely itchy skin, very pale clay colored stools, pronounced, and I mean PRONOUNCED lethargy (not "oh I feel lethargic because I have no test from running a PH", I mean clinical lethargy like you actually do not feel like you can physically get out of bed), extreme nausea and intractable vomiting, and generally feeling like death. This is probably your first cycle so you might be a little over cautious/paranoid. You probably aren't going to get any of this from var and don't over think it in fact put it out of your mind entirerly and focus on your goals, virtually no chance any of this will happen to you, especially if you don't drink/take other prescription drugs

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Well jaundice is one, yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes. Extremely itchy skin, very pale clay colored stools, pronounced, and I mean PRONOUNCED lethargy (not "oh I feel lethargic because I have no test from running a PH", I mean clinical lethargy like you actually do not feel like you can physically get out of bed), extreme nausea and intractable vomiting, and generally feeling like death. This is probably your first cycle so you might be a little over cautious/paranoid. You probably aren't going to get any of this from var and don't over think it in fact out it out of your mind entirerly, virtually no chance any of this will happen to you, especially if you don't drink/take other prescription drugs
Very true. Definitely over thinking it. Doc also just prescribed Test Enanthate vs compounded cream today. First time injecting. Also she prescribed me 200mg every 2 weeks which I'm a bit worried about. Also my E2 is at liken 43 so I think I may need adex soon lol. Lots going on in my mind.

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro, try not to worry about it. Anavar should be a fun run now that you are on inject, although 100mg a week probably won't put you on the high end of the range, but it should be a sufficient base for var and no need to pct. You also might want to reconsider 2 a days once the var kicks in, I don't know how you train but the cramps and pumps on that might be a problem

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro, try not to worry about it. Anavar should be a fun run now that you are on inject, although 100mg a week probably won't put you on the high end of the range, but it should be a sufficient base for var and no need to pct. You also might want to reconsider 2 a days once the var kicks in, I don't know how you train but the cramps and pumps on that might be a problem
Anything I can take to avoid the cramps and back pumps?

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure, a lot of people swear by taurine, but that didn't really help me. I have run a few cycles with var (some of which actually turned out to be superdrol) and I always get cramps. I basically had to severely cut back on HIIT and a lot of explosive stuff because the pumps were too painful. Best advice is stay hydrated and get enough potassium. I'm also on some blood pressure meds that kind of affect electrolyte balance and tweaking the dosage of those helped a lot, but that advice isn't really transferable to others.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure, a lot of people swear by taurine, but that didn't really help me. I have run a few cycles with var (some of which actually turned out to be superdrol) and I always get cramps. I basically had to severely cut back on HIIT and a lot of explosive stuff because the pumps were too painful. Best advice is stay hydrated and get enough potassium. I'm also on some blood pressure meds that kind of affect electrolyte balance and tweaking the dosage of those helped a lot, but that advice isn't really transferable to others.
How'd you know it was superdrol? Pretty stupid to substitute superdrol for anavar because superdrol raws are almost just as expensive

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Because I took 30mg and gained 12lbs of mostly glycogen, and that's a lot at my level of development, and I felt completely differently from how I feel on var. Also I'm fairly certain superdrol raws are pretty cheap compared oxandrolone, if I were to try and buy superdrol intentionally it is very inexpensive.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Because I took 30mg and gained 12lbs of mostly glycogen, and that's a lot at my level of development, and I felt completely differently from how I feel on var. Also I'm fairly certain superdrol raws are pretty cheap compared oxandrolone, if I were to try and buy superdrol intentionally it is very inexpensive.
Not sure why you would automatically assume it was superdrol though. There's much cheaper alternatives. In most cases anavar is actually winstrol and 9/10 people cant tell the difference

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Definitely wasn't winnie, people like me don't gain 10+lbs on winnie and my lipids were relatively unscathed based on blood work. Also pretty sure it wasn't dianabol, because that stuff wrecks my BP in an almost immediately noticeable way, and my E2 was low as always. I'm not doubting that stanazol is a common substitution for anavar, but 99% sure this stuff was superdrol. Especially given the fact that I later discovered my (now former) dealer at the time was also selling superdrol

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Definitely wasn't winnie, people like me don't gain 10+lbs on winnie and my lipids were relatively unscathed based on blood work. Also pretty sure it wasn't dianabol, because that stuff wrecks my BP in an almost immediately noticeable way, and my E2 was low as always. I'm not doubting that stanazol is a common substitution for anavar, but 99% sure this stuff was superdrol. Especially given the fact that I later discovered my (now former) dealer at the time was also selling superdrol
Hmmm. I would think superdrol would certainly wreck your lipids as well

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Well it's certainly not great for them, but winstrol absolutely destroys my HDL. Also, I was lean enough that I would probably know after a day or two if I was taking winstrol, it's pretty obvious

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Well damn now I'm worried I don't have legit anavar lmao

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Well it's a legitimate concern, but as long as your body feels good and your making gains and moving towards your goals and blood work shows you are healthy let it ride, doesn't really matter what compound you are taking in the end. Especially given you're a "lifer" and on trt so you don't even need to worry about HPTA recovery or PCT

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you continue I would definitely get some TUDCA. CEL makes a well priced TUDCA.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I live in Canada and it's tough to get here. Also shipping takes forever
Damn really? It is banned or something?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, just shipping takes like 3-4 weeks for me. By that time I'll already be balls deep
Damn that sucks. Hopefully you haven't ever had any scared with gyno cause it would SUCK to have to wait 3-4 weeks for emergency supports!

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Damn that sucks. Hopefully you haven't ever had any scared with gyno cause it would SUCK to have to wait 3-4 weeks for emergency supports!
Not yet. Had it during puberty slightly. Picking up some adex today!

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Not completely sure how it works in Canada, but you should be able to get that from your physician if you are on trt and I would highly suggest you go that route to ensure you get real anastrozole that is properly dosed.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Not completely sure how it works in Canada, but you should be able to get that from your physician if you are on trt and I would highly suggest you go that route to ensure you get real anastrozole that is properly dosed.
I'm gonna ask my physician for adex

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Update

Doctor prescribed arimidex. Picking up now

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
What dosing regime did your Dr. prescribe?

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
well 100mg of test a week is not a lot, and var doesn't aromatize so you might be fine with that or .5 a week/2.5 every 4 day. If you can get blood work in a while and go from there

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
well 100mg of test a week is not a lot, and var doesn't aromatize so you might be fine with that or .5 a week/2.5 every 4 day. If you can get blood work in a while and go from there
I'm gonna try .25 Monday / Friday when I do my injections.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm prescribed alongside 150mg/week test cyp. Getting first set of bloods tomorrow and going from there.
You were prescribed .25mg per week of adex with 150mg test?

I'm at 100mg / week, just starting injections tomorrow. Do you split the 150 twice a week? Or just all in one day?

Was thinking 50mg Monday / 50mg Friday and see how that goes.

My estrogen before TRT was already high, so I think I might need a higher dose of adex

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
You were prescribed .25mg per week of adex with 150mg test?

I'm at 100mg / week, just starting injections tomorrow. Do you split the 150 twice a week? Or just all in one day?

Was thinking 50mg Monday / 50mg Friday and see how that goes.

My estrogen before TRT was already high, so I think I might need a higher dose of adex
Yup, all prescription. I do one weekly shot but after getting bloods done I'm fairly certain I'm going to move to 2-3 times per week. A lot of TRT guys I've spoken with are be advocates of multiple doses per week to keep levels as stable as possible

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Yup, all prescription. I do one weekly shot but after getting bloods done I'm fairly certain I'm going to move to 2-3 times per week. A lot of TRT guys I've spoken with are be advocates of multiple doses per week to keep levels as stable as possible
Awesome. Did you start at 150?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Just did my first injection and forgot to swab the site first... **** lol
Not the end of the world. I never swab but I pin right after I get out of the shower

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Question. If I do 50mg twice a week inject. Can I still use my test cream at like 50-100mg daily to keep levels steady?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Question. If I do 50mg twice a week inject. Can I still use my test cream at like 50-100mg daily to keep levels steady?
2x per week will keep it plenty steady. The cream would just add a boost to it