Female looking for tips while on Clen

mdavis16

Awards
So I've been on the keto diet for just about 3 full weeks now. I feel great, have more energy, have dropped a couple pounds, and workout 4-5 times a week. I tend to do about 20-25 minutes of cardio on the treadmill (vigorous) and strength exercises every time I workout.

I'm about to start clen this weekend for the first time and want to make sure I'm doing everything possible to gain full benefit- so I have questions!

As a background I am 5 foot- 120 pounds and low blood pressure. On keto I keep my carb intake under 20g a day as well. I've been having trouble figuring out what my goal should be for fat and protein, especially considering I workout vigorously 4-5 times a week.

- Can I keep up with Keto while on clen or do I need to change my diet/ add carbs?
- Is cardio okay to do (or at least the cardio I do) while on clen and when is the best time to take it?

I plan on doing a 2 week on and 2 week off cycle for clen, 2 week on and 2 weeks off again after that- this was my plan.

Day 1- 20 mcg
Day 2- 20 mcg
Day 3- 40 mcg
Day 4- 60 mcg
Day 5- 80 mcg
Day 6- 80 mcg
Day 7- 80 mcg
Day 8- 80 mcg
Day 9- 60 mcg
Day 10- 60 mcg
Day 11- 40 mcg
Day 12- 40 mcg
Day 13- 20 mcg
Day 14- 20 mcg

Does this seem like a good cycle?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this is a fairly new approach to using clen ive been seeing and cannot verify if its any more effective than 2 days on 2 off unless your going to combine it with something else to promote its longevity. at any rate 80 seems really high for someone of your size.. have you used this stuff before??

as for your keto diet, I recommend your macros be around 60% fats/ 35%protien/ 5%carbs.
also I believe you should cycle this diet. carbing up every 7-10 days to avoid catabolism of muscle mass and stagnation.

if you are currently in ketosis, you should easily be able to consume upwards of 60g of carbs per day with out kicking yourself out of ketosis.

mdavis16

Awards
I wasn't doing 2 days on and 2 days off, I was doing 2 weeks on and off! You recommend lowering my clen intake progressively throughout the first 2 weeks?

And yup this is my first time trying clen!

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Cycle set up looks good and well thought out.....very rare around here! lol

mdavis16

Awards
Haha I appreciate that! Would rather do it right and safely the first time around!

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
if you are currently in ketosis, you should easily be able to consume upwards of 60g of carbs per day with out kicking yourself out of ketosis.
Really? When I'm doing keto anymore than 40g carbs and I'm out, I try to keep it 20-30 and I'm a few pounds less than two of her. Then again, I go about as high as I can with my protein (still majority of cals from fat) so maybe I'm getting a few extra carbs from gluconeogenesis and amino breakdown.
I've also never seen clen tapered down, is there any reason for this? I would assume it would be counterproductive since after the high dose your beta receptors would be desensitized and low dose would have almost no effect

mdavis16

Awards
Really? When I'm doing keto anymore than 40g carbs and I'm out, I try to keep it 20-30 and I'm a few pounds less than two of her. Then again, I go about as high as I can with my protein (still majority of cals from fat) so maybe I'm getting a few extra carbs from gluconeogenesis and amino breakdown.
I've also never seen clen tapered down, is there any reason for this? I would assume it would be counterproductive since after the high dose your beta receptors would be desensitized and low dose would have almost no effect
From a couple forums and other stuff I've read, I've heard it's good to slowly come off the clen especially if it's your first time running the cycle. I'm also doing 2 cycles, so if I don't see much of a difference within the first 2 weeks on, I'll alter it accordingly my next cycle!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I've been on the keto diet for just about 3 full weeks now. I feel great, have more energy, have dropped a couple pounds, and workout 4-5 times a week. I tend to do about 20-25 minutes of cardio on the treadmill (vigorous) and strength exercises every time I workout.

I'm about to start clen this weekend for the first time and want to make sure I'm doing everything possible to gain full benefit- so I have questions!

As a background I am 5 foot- 120 pounds and low blood pressure. On keto I keep my carb intake under 20g a day as well. I've been having trouble figuring out what my goal should be for fat and protein, especially considering I workout vigorously 4-5 times a week.

- Can I keep up with Keto while on clen or do I need to change my diet/ add carbs?
- Is cardio okay to do (or at least the cardio I do) while on clen and when is the best time to take it?

I plan on doing a 2 week on and 2 week off cycle for clen, 2 week on and 2 weeks off again after that- this was my plan.

Day 1- 20 mcg
Day 2- 20 mcg
Day 3- 40 mcg
Day 4- 60 mcg
Day 5- 80 mcg
Day 6- 80 mcg
Day 7- 80 mcg
Day 8- 80 mcg
Day 9- 60 mcg
Day 10- 60 mcg
Day 11- 40 mcg
Day 12- 40 mcg
Day 13- 20 mcg
Day 14- 20 mcg

As a female, before asking for advise, it's mandatory to post pics, preferably in yoga pants.

:ugh:
:stups:

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
From a couple forums and other stuff I've read, I've heard it's good to slowly come off the clen especially if it's your first time running the cycle. I'm also doing 2 cycles, so if I don't see much of a difference within the first 2 weeks on, I'll alter it accordingly my next cycle!
I've heard of that with T3, never with clen, I suppose it doesn't hurt to try it, worst case scenario you waste a little clen. If it were me, I would just skip the taper, go off the high dose straight away and let my receptors start resetting for the next round. If anything, going from the high dose to nothing might make the receptors snap back to normal sensitivity more quickly, since the beta agonist is completely out of your system. Also, two weeks off seems like a long time, chances are your receptors are going to be normalized before then especially if you use ketotifen or diphenhydramine to help resensitize them. Then again, it's dependent on how close you are to your goals and how long you actually need to be actively running clen. It's your body your call, but I would entertain skipping the taper.

Regarding your other questions, yes it is fine to stay keto on clen. As for cardio you should be fine, you're not doing HIIT and you're healthy just keep an eye on your heart rate and you should be fine. Cardio might be acctually be a lot easier for you on clen, I occasionally use albuterol as a PED for cardio, not cutting per se and it is very effective. I also get BP dips after cardio sometimes from the albuterol so if you say you already have low blood pressure watch out for that. It doesn't matter when you dose it, clen has a super long half life.

mdavis16

Awards
What you're saying makes sense. I'll probably build up to it the first couple days and instead of tapering down just stay stagnant throughout the 2 weeks. Thanks!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Are we all just going to ignore HG being called disgusting? :lmao: mdavis16 Nice :D

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are we all just going to ignore HG being called disgusting? :lmao: mdavis16 Nice :D
I earned this one.

ashamed.jpg

Please pretend it never happened -or this thread will derail spectacularly.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Day 1- 20 mcg
Day 2- 20 mcg
Day 3- 40 mcg
Day 4- 60 mcg
Day 5- 80 mcg
Day 6- 80 mcg
Day 7- 80 mcg
Day 8- 80 mcg
Day 9- 60 mcg
Day 10- 60 mcg
Day 11- 40 mcg
Day 12- 40 mcg
Day 13- 20 mcg
Day 14- 20 mcg

You should keep it at the same peak dose you hit at day 5, right way through to the end of the cycle. Why are you wanting to stager lower?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
You should keep it at the same peak dose you hit at day 5, right way through to the end of the cycle. Why are you wanting to stager lower?
Ah good catch, I guess it didnt register in my brain that doses were raised and THEN lowered.

Mdavis, ramp the doses up like you have planned and then pick the highest tolerable dose and stick there until the end of the 2 weeks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah good catch, I guess it didnt register in my brain that doses were raised and THEN lowered.

Mdavis, ramp the doses up like you have planned and then pick the highest tolerable dose and stick there until the end of the 2 weeks
^this... you might tap out at 50 mcg ... some people just cant take the sides, you will know soon enough how you react to it. also.. you might get to your top dose only to find you can handle a little more a few days later.. play it by ear, no need to make it uncomfortable.,

mdavis16

Awards
^this... you might tap out at 50 mcg ... some people just cant take the sides, you will know soon enough how you react to it. also.. you might get to your top dose only to find you can handle a little more a few days later.. play it by ear, no need to make it uncomfortable.,
True true, I'll do that because in hindsight that does make more sense. Thanks for the advice!