Slin Use on Cycle

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to start researching using insulin and wanted to get a conversation going here.... fueledpassion got me thinking about it in another thread on T3, where he was explaining the anabolic potential of cytomel based on the metabolic environment...

Anyway, how many of you guys out there have experience with slin? Anyone want to post their dosing protocols and maybe explain how to safely incorporate insulin into a cycle?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
This really isnt the board to get good slin use info

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
This really isnt the board to get good slin use info
Why is that? I'm not breaking a fcking rule again am I? Idk how many more infractions I got in the budget
hairygrandpa I thought I'd tag you along for the conversation, since slin is one of your future projects

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why is that? I'm not breaking a fcking rule again am I? Idk how many more infractions I got in the budget
hairygrandpa I thought I'd tag you along for the conversation, since slin is one of your future projects
I think what he was trying to say was that there probably isn't much experience here, therefore not the strongest knowledge most likely. Im sure you know, but man you've got to be careful and get your dosing right if you're going to mess with insulin. Good Luck

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I think what he was trying to say was that there probably isn't much experience here, therefore not the strongest knowledge most likely. Im sure you know, but man you've got to be careful and get your dosing right if you're going to mess with insulin. Good Luck
Yes, i meant there's probably not a lot of imformation or people on this board that mess with slin

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Never used it. Wouldn't touch in with a stick.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's definitely not worth it if you aren't a competitive body builder.

tysons93

Awards
I'm type 1 diabetic and use insulin everyday including post workout for better gains.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys know about slin?
heavyiron macedog24 Montego1 @booneman77 thebigt hairygrandpa Dma378 rtmilburn @alphagainz SFreed CJNator sespress kelso312 cooterflap rascal14 saywutrly Volvo140G tyga tyga DavidDunn doogans fueledpassion HIT4ME wesb2387 DennisTheDane Tank999 Gutterpump ryane87 Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1Agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse @blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 FireTitan ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 nostrum420 NewAgeMayan DirtyDan UnicornDrpns Jebrook @Bmac63095 TNlifting @BloodManor @angcd3 habajaba mmorso @123abcabcabc Macyyy @Brandaddy @4evafit @Br1ck_Sh1thouse Rndmher Hyde philmckay1989 netflixNchill @7eman7 ELROCK

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't know jack **** about it to be honest. That's why I haven't been talking in the thread

Let me rephrase that. I know nothing about using it. I know how it works etc but nothing about dosing and timing etc

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I've used it a handful of times. Very basic use.

Humulin-r - 10iu pre workout
Carbs 10 grams per iu consumed intra workout
post workout meal consisting of protein and carbs only

Humulin-r has 2 peaks. It'll hit you at about the 30 minute mark and then about 2-2.5 hours.

Went hypoglycemic multiple times and immediately consumed soda, candy etc.

You KNOW when thats coming on because you start sweating, shaking and get ravenously hungry

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My knowledge on insulin is limited to its intended use. I know dosing is extremely important, as in too much is a pretty quick trip to a dirt nap.

tysons93

Awards
post workout I'll usually inject 10-20 units. However 20 is a very very high dose and I only inject that much because I'm experienced with insulin and I stopped seeing results with the smaller doses. *edit
I would say the safest way to incorporate into your routine would be if ur using fast acting insulin (humulog) then to use it immediately post workout with a meal, eat a lot of carbs conpared to your dose insulin like 10 units of insulin 100g of carbs or something like that and keep a soda or sugary drink nearby for the next 2 hours.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Nope. I know nothing. But I have been peeing ALOT lately. I might learn about it soon.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slin is very powerful!!! It can kill you.

If you want to use it start LOW!!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LOTS OF SUGAR ON HAND.

Lots of people recommend post. Although I know a few people who've done post then later tried pre, they all swear by pre workout for size gains. Start with 2iu with over a 100 grams of complex carbs, with atleast 25+ simple carbs, 30min before injections. MAKE SURE you have a 32oz Gatorade(or something similar to get quick sugar in your body) on hand during work out. If you even think you feel like you're going hypo jug atleast half of the Gatorade, then slowly sip the rest. Also for the first week take you workout a little slow don't push to hard while dailing in the slin.

Increase by no more than 1iu every other week. So week 1 2iu, week 3 3iu, so on and so for. You do this so you get acclamated to the dose and get feel for it. I wouldnt ever go over 7iu period....

Also insulin injections is definitely associated with pancreatic cancer!!!!!

I think it should only be used if you are competing at high level. And in all honesty if you are willing to go the slin route, I think there are better and safer option. Something like igf-1 Des(1,3) preworkout with mgf preg nightly, to actually create new muscle cells. Throw some peptides in like CJC with mk(or ipam).

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have used it and studied it but honestly I hate giving out info on it as it can be deadly.

My brother in law died from OD'ing on it. They found him on the couch with a bowl of sugar sitting on the table in front of him. Slin is no joke.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used it and studied it but honestly I hate giving out info on it as it can be deadly.

My brother in law died from OD'ing on it. They found him on the couch with a bowl of sugar sitting on the table in front of him. Slin is no joke.
Soooo true!!! I can't remember the actual number but going off my memory it's a little over 200 type 1 diabetics die a day from misuse of insulin. Not mentioning the type 2 and bodybuilder that also die from this stuff

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot stick

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot stick
It can be safely used but man I have seen way too many ugly things from insulin use to post on the net about it. I would hate for someone to go into a coma or crash their car while on it. Its a compound you must be very careful with.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder theres no point using it. Not worth the risk. You have to be VERY meticulous with slin

sespress

Awards

Jesus Christ man, it hit him that fast? God's I'm sorry to hear that.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any of you guys know about slin?
heavyiron macedog24 Montego1 @booneman77 thebigt hairygrandpa Dma378 rtmilburn @alphagainz SFreed CJNator sespress kelso312 cooterflap rascal14 saywutrly Volvo140G tyga tyga DavidDunn doogans fueledpassion HIT4ME wesb2387 DennisTheDane Tank999 Gutterpump ryane87 Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1Agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse @blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 FireTitan ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 nostrum420 NewAgeMayan DirtyDan UnicornDrpns Jebrook @Bmac63095 TNlifting @BloodManor @angcd3 habajaba mmorso @123abcabcabc Macyyy @Brandaddy @4evafit @Br1ck_Sh1thouse Rndmher Hyde philmckay1989 netflixNchill @7eman7 ELROCK
I do. What question do you have?

Edit: Just read through a few other posts - so sorry to hear about brother-in-law's death. Insulin is one of those drugs that if done properly and with respect and knowledge, it is completely safe. Done sloppily and haphazardly - can lead to brain damage or death.

A key philosophy that I have is this: Rather than adjusting the carb intake to your slin needs, adjust the slin to your carb needs.

Problem is, everyone approaches slin the same way they approach other anabolics --> they decide how much they want to take and then get ancillary items and diet in check to work with that dosing. This is NOT how you should approach slin.

Ask yourself what you'd normally eat without slin to do whatever your goal is. Then add slin @ around 1iu per 20grams of carbs. If you are like me and have small meals several times per day, eating no more than 60-70grams of carbs per meal, it means that the slin dose never goes past about 3iu. Couple that with Humulin R, which is more predictable than Humalog, and you have a safe approach. More importantly, experimentation should start when you can stay home ALL day and taking your blood glucose levels every 90-120 minutes after each meal to see how your body digests each type of carb. Once you find about 3-4 carbs sources that your body likes, stay on those carbs only for the most part. Keep the portions small enough to where your BG levels dip below 110 2hrs after eating. Preferably try to get your BG levels below 100 2hrs after each meal and you will NOT get fat because your BG levels dip low enough to where glucagon releases fatty acids to stabilize your levels.

This is how people get amazing big and shapely on insulin without damaging their body or risking going hypo. I take 2-3iu about 4 times per day and let's just say my "cutting" cycle is really just burn fat and replace it with muscle mass. If you are taking GH, you'll get insulin resistance and will need to up the dose over time, which is why pro bodybuilders often are taking 6-10iu's at a time several times per day to make sure the insulin keeps working right.

Whatever you do, don't buy into the hype that you need at minimum 7-10iu's of slin to get results. That is crap. Complete and utter crap. What you need is for carbs to efficiently be shuttled to the muscle cells and a good anti-catabolic jolt when you wake up and when you are training. It doesn't take much, either.

To get huge, you still need the same old variables - plenty of nutrient dense calories, bad @$$ training routine, pushing yourself each and every day and getting that sleep. The extra few units of insulin on top of that will basically keep your body from breaking down muscle mass but also all of the other great benefits that insulin brings about as well. In fact, insulin on T3 is a GREAT idea once you learn how to control your BG levels with just slin.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about to start researching using insulin and wanted to get a conversation going here.... fueledpassion got me thinking about it in another thread on T3, where he was explaining the anabolic potential of cytomel based on the metabolic environment...

Anyway, how many of you guys out there have experience with slin? Anyone want to post their dosing protocols and maybe explain how to safely incorporate insulin into a cycle?
I can not in good conscience recommend using slin. You are messing with pathways that should not be screwed with. Would not ever use unless your job was an IFBB pro and your income depended on it.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can not in good conscience recommend using slin. You are messing with pathways that should not be screwed with. Would not ever use unless your job was an IFBB pro and your income depended on it.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I know about it...better yet, I use it lol
I'd be happy to answer questions

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And what pathways are you referring to? I hope your not subscribing to the idea that slin use creates insulin resistance, because truly it doesn't. It's the constant carbs that people eat that causes resistance as well as having a sedentary lifestyle. Other than that common misconception, I'd like to hear what other pathways you are referring to?

Are you suggesting there are negative feedback loops involved? If so, which ones? And what research? I only ask because for too long I believed the hype about insulin, both the positives and negatives - that it was super effective at building ultra muscular bodies and that it's easy to mess up and kill yourself on it, neither of which turned out to be even remotely true.

I'm honestly inquiring about this though. Sure, high doses of insulin over long periods of time will require excessive eating and will mean that your basal insulin levels will be higher on average, leading to excessive weight gain and fat accumulation which in itself can cause all sorts of problems. That said, I would be extremely surprised and incredibly sorry to even speak on the matter of insulin if you could show me significant damage to the health of someone who used insulin in low doses for limited periods of time in the context we are talking about here which is: someone with a healthy functioning endocrine system with normal insulin sensitivity and daily resistance training and with a nutritionally dense diet.

I bet if we set out to study the effects of supraphysiological effects of insulin vs. supraphysiological effects of steroids, GH and other anabolic compounds, we'd find that insulin used in the right context is considerably safer in the long run. I'd almost be willing to bet money on it. Even better, we have almost 30 million people in this country using or have used supraphysiological levels on insulin for extended periods of time, so it's not like we are without the data and research. Data on this subject is at every turn. If insulin were killing folks and ruining their bodies, it wouldn't be the primary treatment for diabetes and it certainly wouldn't be OTC for $25 at Wal-Mart.

I'm not giving a free pass to go out and shoot up insulin and get swole, lol. Too many guys on this forum don't even know how to measure a proper international unit on a syringe to do something like this. In the case of insulin, the dose matters, yes. But accidentally shooting up 10 units instead of 1 unit should not kill anyone that has some food available within 15 minutes of them. Yes, it can cause serious damage and can kill you if you take a bunch and do nothing, but even then, many people's body's will release epinephrine (adrenaline) and glucagon to get the blood sugar back to normal.

So let's be cautious but perhaps leave out the fear-mongering aspect of insulin use. I understand where you are coming from - it is all too common for people in our society to want to or feel it's morally appropriate to take responsibility for other people's actions. We shouldn't do that. That is what merits law suits, you see. That is what trains people to blame others for their stupidity.

Fact is, people are responsible for their own decisions, even if they are deliberately miss-guided by others. This is why I have peace in just keeping people informed and giving my opinion. I am not responsible no matter how much someone wants to put in on me, the truth is that I am not responsible for their decisions, period. It would be different if I were pointing a gun at his head and forced him to take copious amounts of insulin and then locked him up in a room with no food. Then I'd be responsible.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can comment on this later when i'm not almost blacked out drunk. I've studied biochem and the endocrine system for years so i have a decent basis for my statements.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate all the responses!!! I started this thread to get educated about the use of slin on AAS cycles, not that I'm necessarily planing on incorporating it into a cycle...

Insofar as the danger aspect of slin is concerned, (perhaps I'm alone on this) to me fcking with steroids, using SARMS and peptides, etc. is also incredibly dangerous, and in some cases, has unknown future health implications. Even the SERMS we use in pct have been the topic of some threads here where heptatoxicity and other issues are discussed.

To me, it seems that a large percentage of the population uses exogenous insulin to control diabetes and with that, there is more medical literature on exogenous insulin use than there is on say MK677 or LGD, which has gained a lot of popularity on this board. I'm just playing the devils advocate here.

Mind you, I've yet to research any of the existing studies on insulin use before starting this thread. Rhadam bro I'm looking forward to your explaination of the pathways that shouldn't be screwed with..

Once again thanks for everyone's input!!!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can comment on this later when i'm not almost blacked out drunk. I've studied biochem and the endocrine system for years so i have a decent basis for my statements.
Good deal! I look forward to hearing some valid arguments against it for a change. Please understand that I am not coming from a prideful position on the subject but rather I am just defending what I believe to be true. If it turns out that I am dead wrong, I will gladly renege my earlier statements and count if as a fortunate ending that I got the opportunity to align myself with the truth about the matter.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And what pathways are you referring to? I hope your not subscribing to the idea that slin use creates insulin resistance, because truly it doesn't. It's the constant carbs that people eat that causes resistance as well as having a sedentary lifestyle. Other than that common misconception, I'd like to hear what other pathways you are referring to?

Are you suggesting there are negative feedback loops involved? If so, which ones? And what research? I only ask because for too long I believed the hype about insulin, both the positives and negatives - that it was super effective at building ultra muscular bodies and that it's easy to mess up and kill yourself on it, neither of which turned out to be even remotely true.

I'm honestly inquiring about this though. Sure, high doses of insulin over long periods of time will require excessive eating and will mean that your basal insulin levels will be higher on average, leading to excessive weight gain and fat accumulation which in itself can cause all sorts of problems. That said, I would be extremely surprised and incredibly sorry to even speak on the matter of insulin if you could show me significant damage to the health of someone who used insulin in low doses for limited periods of time in the context we are talking about here which is: someone with a healthy functioning endocrine system with normal insulin sensitivity and daily resistance training and with a nutritionally dense diet.

I bet if we set out to study the effects of supraphysiological effects of insulin vs. supraphysiological effects of steroids, GH and other anabolic compounds, we'd find that insulin used in the right context is considerably safer in the long run. I'd almost be willing to bet money on it. Even better, we have almost 30 million people in this country using or have used supraphysiological levels on insulin for extended periods of time, so it's not like we are without the data and research. Data on this subject is at every turn. If insulin were killing folks and ruining their bodies, it wouldn't be the primary treatment for diabetes and it certainly wouldn't be OTC for $25 at Wal-Mart.

I'm not giving a free pass to go out and shoot up insulin and get swole, lol. Too many guys on this forum don't even know how to measure a proper international unit on a syringe to do something like this. In the case of insulin, the dose matters, yes. But accidentally shooting up 10 units instead of 1 unit should not kill anyone that has some food available within 15 minutes of them. Yes, it can cause serious damage and can kill you if you take a bunch and do nothing, but even then, many people's body's will release epinephrine (adrenaline) and glucagon to get the blood sugar back to normal.

So let's be cautious but perhaps leave out the fear-mongering aspect of insulin use. I understand where you are coming from - it is all too common for people in our society to want to or feel it's morally appropriate to take responsibility for other people's actions. We shouldn't do that. That is what merits law suits, you see. That is what trains people to blame others for their stupidity.

Fact is, people are responsible for their own decisions, even if they are deliberately miss-guided by others. This is why I have peace in just keeping people informed and giving my opinion. I am not responsible no matter how much someone wants to put in on me, the truth is that I am not responsible for their decisions, period. It would be different if I were pointing a gun at his head and forced him to take copious amounts of insulin and then locked him up in a room with no food. Then I'd be responsible.
Won't necessarily disagree. However, long term(key word is long) use of insulin injections is associated with pancreatic cancer. Also again long term use(again key word is long) use of insulin has shown to lower the pancreas' efficiency to produce its own insulin (not by dramatic amount though)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Won't necessarily disagree. However, long term(key word is long) use of insulin injections is associated with pancreatic cancer. Also again long term use(again key word is long) use of insulin has shown to lower the pancreas' efficiency to produce its own insulin (not by dramatic amount though)
Good to know. Cancer is not something to play with. That said, I would like to see more convincing information on the subject other than a correlation between the two (long-term insulin use and cancer).

I say this because the common narrative for a typical Type II diabetic is this:

I have pre-diabetes.
Started taking metformin
12 months later got on insulin - started @ 1iu/10g of carbs.
24 months later, I'm now on 2iu/10g carbs
36 months later added Lantus and switched to Humalog during meals
Have not lost weight
Refuse to go to the gym and do something about it
Been taking 30-40iu of insulin every day for 15 years

I've noticed something in common about cancer causing things - they all are found in excessive amounts or none in the body. Examples:

Lung Cancer - smoked 2 packs of cigs per day
Skin Cancer - tanned 10-20 minutes every day or was a farmer for 40 years
Prostate cancer - DHT levels were non-existent or way too high for half my life
Breast cancer - too much estrogen activity in breast tissue. ( not always estrogen-related though )

---------------------------

Now I know that is WAY over simplifying things but it does seem to be a common denominator with various cancers - too much or too little exposure to something or long-term nutritional deficiencies.

Taking 2-3iu of slin per meal, 3-5 times per day for 3-6 weeks at a time, maybe two times per year is probably not going to cause major issues for a normal, healthy individual. I'm comfortable assuming that until someone has some good data to prove it is harmful in the ways you mentioned.

Truth is, when it comes to diabetes in this country (roughly 30 million currently diagnosed), it comes down to two things:

Eating excessive amounts of sugars, simple carbs and processed foods that break down into sugars and/or really high GI coupled with meals that are too large, which makes the GL of the meal high as well and two,

Not enough physical activity. I spend about 17hrs of training activity every week and while this is plenty to get the body I desire for competition, I'm positive that people 2000/1000/500/200 and even just 60 years ago would laugh at that amount of "activity".

The computer really is gonna be the death of us all, lol. We're a lazy country thanks to our tech and we're rich and therefore have excessive amounts of foods, especially the kind that should only be enjoyed on the occasion (like candy, ice cream, cakes, etc). It's no wonder a fifth of the population is either pre-diabetic or Type II diabetic.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to know. Cancer is not something to play with. That said, I would like to see more convincing information on the subject other than a correlation between the two (long-term insulin use and cancer).

I have pre-diabetes.
Started taking metformin
Have not lost weight

I've noticed something in common about cancer causing things - they all are found in excessive amounts or none in the body. Examples:

Breast cancer - too much estrogen activity in breast tissue. ( not always estrogen-related though )

Now I know that is WAY over simplifying things but it does seem to be a common denominator with various cancers - too much or too little exposure to something or long-term nutritional deficiencies.

Taking 2-3iu of slin per meal, 3-5 times per day for 3-6 weeks at a time, maybe two times per year is probably not going to cause major issues for a normal, healthy individual. I'm comfortable assuming that until someone has some good data to prove it is harmful in the ways you mentioned.

Truth is, when it comes to diabetes in this country (roughly 30 million currently diagnosed), it comes down to two things:

Eating excessive amounts of sugars, simple carbs and processed foods that break down into sugars and/or really high GI coupled with meals that are too large, which makes the GL of the meal high as well and two,

Not enough physical activity. I spend about 17hrs of training activity every week and while this is plenty to get the body I desire for competition, I'm positive that people 2000/1000/500/200 and even just 60 years ago would laugh at that amount of "activity".

The computer really is gonna be the death of us all, lol. We're a lazy country thanks to our tech and we're rich and therefore have excessive amounts of foods, especially the kind that should only be enjoyed on the occasion (like candy, ice cream, cakes, etc). It's no wonder a fifth of the population is either pre-diabetic or Type II diabetic.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC149418/

After rereading some material. Is seems I was kinda correct. It's seems to be more a correlation rather than a causation. However, thing is a link between the 2, without an understanding of the true nature of the causation. The article I posted above dose a good job summarizing most of what I been reading.

Also prostate cancer has been linked more to estrogen the dht.

Last but not least if you battling with pre/diabetes I would recommend a dpp4 inhibitor or a glp-1, along with metformin and insulin (if needed still). There is also sglt2s like farxiga but Im not sure if i think they are that effective (maybe if combined with metformin and a glp-1) and they come with some annoying side effects.

sespress

Awards
I appreciate all the responses!!! I started this thread to get educated about the use of slin on AAS cycles, not that I'm necessarily planing on incorporating it into a cycle...

Insofar as the danger aspect of slin is concerned, (perhaps I'm alone on this) to me fcking with steroids, using SARMS and peptides, etc. is also incredibly dangerous, and in some cases, has unknown future health implications. Even the SERMS we use in pct have been the topic of some threads here where heptatoxicity and other issues are discussed.

To me, it seems that a large percentage of the population uses exogenous insulin to control diabetes and with that, there is more medical literature on exogenous insulin use than there is on say MK677 or LGD, which has gained a lot of popularity on this board. I'm just playing the devils advocate here.

Mind you, I've yet to research any of the existing studies on insulin use before starting this thread. Rhadam bro I'm looking forward to your explaination of the pathways that shouldn't be screwed with..

Once again thanks for everyone's input!!!
Yeah bro but if you **** up your cycle and take too much gear in one shot or too many Clomid will you drop dead in minutes? Just be safe dude! I agree it's all risky but there is risk and then they is risk

sespress

Awards

I have pre-diabetes.
Started taking metformin
Have not lost weight

It's called corn syrup and even if we were more active it'll still jack you up. Add in Los of video games and then poof there you go.