First cycle advice and PCT question.

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Hey guys. This is my first post here and, I must say, yall are a bunch of wise and fair gentlemen! Haha! Seriously though, I've learned a lot from this forum and I cant thank you guys enough.

So, im wanting to do a 10 week test e cycle and pin 500mg per week split at 250mg monday and thursday. Also, I'm 27, 220lbs and about 18% bf.

I want to do 10 weeks cause I dont want to spend the extra money on a third vial and have it sit somewhat full for however long. Also, from what I've read, it can be just as effective as a 12 week cycle. It being my first, I'd rather see what happens at 10 and use it as a base for future cycles. Yalls opinions?

My PCT and on cycle question is this; I plan on getting liquid clomid and nolva. I can also get liquid adex but I wonder what the difference would be between using adex and nolva on cylce for suppressing sides? Ive read that nolva only takes care of gyno and helps retain gains but adex is better at suppressing all sides, not just gyno, but you can lose gains? Having not done a cylce before, I have no clue what will come up sides wise and what will and will not suppress them, nor do I have any experience with them. What are yalls experience, and opinions, with both of these compounds?

Thanks for the past and future help!

sespress

Awards
Hey guys. This is my first post here and, I must say, yall are a bunch of wise and fair gentlemen! Haha! Seriously though, I've learned a lot from this forum and I cant thank you guys enough.

So, im wanting to do a 10 week test e cycle and pin 500mg per week split at 250mg monday and thursday. Also, I'm 27, 220lbs and about 18% bf.

I want to do 10 weeks cause I dont want to spend the extra money on a third vial and have it sit somewhat full for however long. Also, from what I've read, it can be just as effective as a 12 week cycle. It being my first, I'd rather see what happens at 10 and use it as a base for future cycles. Yalls opinions?

My PCT and on cycle question is this; I plan on getting liquid clomid and nolva. I can also get liquid adex but I wonder what the difference would be between using adex and nolva on cylce for suppressing sides? Ive read that nolva only takes care of gyno and helps retain gains but adex is better at suppressing all sides, not just gyno, but you can lose gains? Having not done a cylce before, I have no clue what will come up sides wise and what will and will not suppress them, nor do I have any experience with them. What are yalls experience, and opinions, with both of these compounds?

Thanks for the past and future help!
Your on the right track. Adex is gonna stop test from aromatizing into estrogen. Estrogen will cause those sides, possibly gyno, if it gets too high. SERMs like Nolva and Clomid stop estrogen from binding to breast tissue, and increase testosterone production. There's a lot of finer points on that but this is the general idea. You don't want to use Nolva on cycle, use the adex. I will say though that I've heard you need to taper that stuff when you stop it or you can have rebound estrogen issues once it's out of the system.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get exemestane instead of adex, the latter will decrease the potency of nolva should you need to use the two together. Plus, exemestane is just better all round.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Only use Nolva on cycle if you start getting nipple sensitivity or feeling a lump start to grow, then use it at 10mg ed until you can lower your estrogen with a higher dose of Adex.

sespress

Awards
Get exemestane instead of adex, the latter will decrease the potency of nolva.
You know I prefer the stuff myself and it's a suicide inhibitor which means the enzyme is dead gone needs replacing, adex will just rinse off and leave you with potential rebound issues.

I've never heard it would decrease the potency of Nolva though, how's that happen?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never heard it would decrease the potency of Nolva though, how's that happen?
Not sure on specifics. Id read it mentioned on steroid boards, and looked into it further just to be sure it wasnt bro talk. Sure enough, there are medical/drug sites that advise not to use the two in conjunction with one another.

Tbh I didnt need much convincing, with exemestane being the superior AI theres no loss preferring it over adex.

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
So could I just run exemestane for an ai during cycle and clomid post? I want to keep it as simple as possible.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So could I just run exemestane for an ai during cycle and clomid post? I want to keep it as simple as possible.
Yes that would be the best plan. You can run Nolva in PCT with your Clomid if you want, but it's not necessary.

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Thanks rascal14.

So a good pct taper with clomid only would be something kike 40/40/20/20?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks rascal14.

So a good pct taper with clomid only would be something kike 40/40/20/20?
Yes that would work just fine. I personally would add an extra week or two for PCT, if you have enough Clomid and you don't get bad side effects from it. Four weeks is plenty though.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes that would work just fine. I personally would add an extra week or two for PCT, if you have enough Clomid and you don't get bad side effects from it. Four weeks is plenty though.
Looks liek rascal14 has you covered! Like we said you can tag another week on if needed. Some people will run clomid 50/50/25/25 also.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Grab that 3rd vial of test and run it for about another 2-6 weeks or untill empty. That'll basically double the amount of time your body has an effective amount of test in it. Gains will be much better.

Just my .02

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
So run a 15ish week cycle? Seems a little long to me..

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My first run was 16 week, had to extend pct to 6 weeks and I grabbed some HCG to help out with recovery but honestly was amazing.

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Looks liek rascal14 has you covered! Like we said you can tag another week on if needed. Some people will run clomid 50/50/25/25 also.
So, would y'all recommend running the higher, longer dose PCT if sides are present, or bad? Would an otc help with anything it is that a waste? I have a buddy that said an otc was better than clomid for him, but he's, in my opinion, a dumb kid that shouldn't be messing with gear in the first place..

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really depends on how you feel and how long your cycle was in the first place. 12 weeks you should be okay with 4 weeks of pct, anything over 12 I'll run a 6 week pct with some HCG thrown in

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
My first run was 16 week, had to extend pct to 6 weeks and I grabbed some HCG to help out with recovery but honestly was amazing.
Ok.. I'll do more research on it.. Like I said, I want to keep it simple. I know it's gonna cost money either way, but either way I like simplicity..

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not absurdly long at all considering it's a test only cycle. Cycling injectable test has much less of a negative health impact than cycling orals, and test takes much longer to achieve optimum supraphysiological levels. If this were me, I would pick somewhere in the 12-15 week cycle length. In the meantime, I would focus on lowering your body fat to 15% or below. Lower body fat levels prior to cycling generally means less risk of estrogen sides amongst other things.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Run the 16. Better off as Clem said

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Im getting to work on the bf% already, and have been for the past year. I can put on decent size, but it's difficult for me to burn fat. Guess I'm gonna have to wear out my running shoes!

I dont have any gear yet, I wanted to get a game plan in place before I started investing.. The gear I have access to is kind of pricey, so idk if my better half would let me invest more than what I already told her I was going to.. I could spend enough to do a proper and safe 10 or 12 week cycle, but getting the extra ai's and PCT... Idk. And I worry about interweb purchases which are far cheaper..

Thoughts?

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Also, on the PCT taper are those dosages everyday for the 4 to 5 weeks? Also how shoukd I dose the exemestane? 10mg ed till sides subside?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pct is where you keep your gains man, do it right or don't do it at all is my philosophy. And yes it's 50 ed for a week for example 4 weeks would looking like 50/50/25/25

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Which is why Im asking questions. Thank you for your help. While I understand the reasoning behind a 16 week cycle, I think a 10 is more fitting for me right now. Id be able to do a good solid cycle and PCT, with yalls help..

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Hey guys. Quick question... What would yall recommend for running adex? .25mg ed or eod be enough?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Hey guys. Quick question... What would yall recommend for running adex? .25mg ed or eod be enough?
hold off until you see signs or if you feel comfortable, eod .25

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
And how long should I run it in that case?
you would run it during the cycle, some start using it a few weeks in at .5 ed and some go with .25 eod- this is going to be based on your case and what works for you. .25 eod might be too much and not needed. again, i wouldnt add this until i see signs, others use it from week 2

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
Ok. that makes sense.. This being my first cycle, would it make sense to wait till I see or have signs of sides and run whatever works, according to what you said, till the last pin?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Ok. that makes sense.. This being my first cycle, would it make sense to wait till I see or have signs of sides and run whatever works, according to what you said, till the last pin?
use it when and if you feel you need it till the end- some go with it 2 weeks in but remember it does lower est so less fat and less water wgt. this can also cause some sacrifice to gains in muscle. so imo me, i would wait and use if you need, good that you have it on hand.

adding things to a cycle can complicate it

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ps- remember everyone is different so what i need vs u can be completely different. just keep an eye on it

Rio42

Rio42

Awards
ps- remember everyone is different so what i need vs u can be completely different. just keep an eye on it
I really appreciate it man! I totally understand that.. I spend my days in a work truck driving the highways and byways listening to gear based podcasts.. And constant homework.

One more question; in your opinion, is Nolva necessary either on cycle or during PCT?

livestrong82

Awards
Do 16 weeks if it's just test cycle @400 or 500 weekly..
Adex every 3-4 days 0.5mg.. or as needed

PCT like this
Reduce xt
Nolva 40,40,20,20
Clomid 50,50,25,25
And I would keep adex handy during pct just incase..